Course play

JohnDeere77

Course play

Post by JohnDeere77 »

When using Course play and convoy(I think thats the name for it) with two combines, do they have to have equally wide headers?
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
Mwal

Re: Course play

Post by Mwal »

If you want to run the same course they do. Easy fix is to create a new course for each and start them on the opposite sides of the field.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

I think about the mode where they drive side by side. Its not actually the same course since the second one doesnt drive where the first one has driven, but skips where the first one has been.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

They need to have the same width. Otherwise they will hit each other or miss spot.

Been there, done that ;-)
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Tx!
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Not what you were asking but if you run a single combine the recently added course option of "lands" works really well.
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Tx again! Anything special to keep in mind when downloading the newer version of CP?
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

If you download it from Github, don't forget that this is a developper version :-)
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Technically you can only download it from Github legitimately, so it's always a dev version :grin:
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Valko_inen

Post by Valko_inen »

Alright, I managed to make it work with different sized headers. I.e. a 9m combine and a 7.6m one working side by side: you'd have to generate the course at an average working width of 8.3m, I use 8.2 because it's easier to offset with even decimals. You want to keep symmetric line change off and use the offset function with a value of half the difference between the average working width and the specific combine's working width eg (8.2 - 7.6)/2 = 0.3 and (9 - 8.2)/2= 0.4 so the larger combine would be offset 0.4m towards the middle of the two lanes and the smaller one 0.3m towards the outside.
I hope it helps although I've just realised it looks a bit confusing, would be happy to explain something better
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Yes, but I ment if I have to remove the old version or anything. Would all my recorded routes still be there?
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Valko_inen wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:28 am Alright, I managed to make it work with different sized headers. I.e. a 9m combine and a 7.6m one working side by side: you'd have to generate the course at an average working width of 8.3m, I use 8.2 because it's easier to offset with even decimals. You want to keep symmetric line change off and use the offset function with a value of half the difference between the average working width and the specific combine's working width eg (8.2 - 7.6)/2 = 0.3 and (9 - 8.2)/2= 0.4 so the larger combine would be offset 0.4m towards the middle of the two lanes and the smaller one 0.3m towards the outside.
I hope it helps although I've just realised it looks a bit confusing, would be happy to explain something better
Oh yes, thats a bit too complicated :geeknew:
bigsuirlife

Post by bigsuirlife »

last version freeze my game (key and mouse stop to work).
Anyone has my issue? I'll remove courseplay and all works correctly.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:04 am Yes, but I ment if I have to remove the old version or anything. Would all my recorded routes still be there?
Yes everything will be there, but course already "saved" won't have the new fonctionnality (like if they work on headend improval, these already saved course won't have this new "feature")
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:04 am Yes, but I ment if I have to remove the old version or anything. Would all my recorded routes still be there?
I've learned to always keep 3 or 4 older versions in case the new one is glitchy. you can just pick the one you want to use when loading the game, just don't have more than 1 selected.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.