Which DLC-s you have? Which one do you like most?

Which DLC-s you have?

Anderson Group Equipment Pack
23%
John Deere Cotton DLC
14%
Platinum Expansion
29%
Bourgault DLC
16%
Kverneland & Vicon Equipment Pack
18%

Total votes: 314

IceUul

Which DLC-s you have? Which one do you like most?

Post by IceUul »

I created a poll to see which DLC-s are most popular among these forums. Please tick all the DLC-s you have.
Also please write which ones are your favorite and least favorite and why?

Also to be noted, by DLC i mean every paid add-on, expansion and DLC.

I did not include the free ones and preorder bonuses, because can't get the right picture this way,
but you are free to comment them also.

EDIT: If you do not have any DLC-s, don't tick any option, you can click "view results" and
you are free to comment why you don't have any of them!
Last edited by IceUul on Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
gmoody79

Re: Which DLC-s you have? Which one do you like most?

Post by gmoody79 »

My favorite is the Bourgault DLC by far. I live in the US so we have a lot of big farming where I live. I did get the Kverneland DLC because of the continuous round baler. I did not and probably will not get the Claas Expanion. It is pretty much John Deere and Case IH where I live. So we don't see Claas equipment here.
iwan073

Re: Which DLCs you have? Which one do you like most?

Post by iwan073 »

I own all the DLC's. Mainly because I bought the Season Pass on Playstation.

I guess this is the order I like them in:
  1. Platinum Expansion
  2. Kverneland/Vicon equipment pack
  3. Anderson Group equipment pack
  4. Bourgault DLC
  5. John Deere Cotton DLC
Claas DLC - This DLC is amazing as it brings Claas to the game. And oh boy did it bring Claas to the game! Pretty much their entire line-up. The quality of the models is also outstanding.
Kverneland DLC - I totally love it that pretty much all of the implements on my farm can be of one brand. The Fastbale is an absolute "game changer" and the mower set is awesome. Even the fertilizer spreader.... up to 45 meters?! Awesome! Also, the detail in these models is stunning. Everything in this DLC is useable.
Anderson DLC - The bale trailers in this pack are very useful. They're autoloaders, yet not in the cheating kinda way. Love to use them. Until the Kverneland DLC came along, this round bale wrapper was the go-to wrapper for me. Guess I'll be using this stuff a bit more often as I started to do cows on my maps.
Bourgault DLC - Nice looking equipment, just a bit too big for me. Pretty much the only thing I used from this DLC was the 8 meter drill. But I doubt I'll be using that again now the Kverneland DLC is out. The only real awesome thing about this DLC is the John Deere 9RX.
John Deere Cotton DLC - What can I say? Cool machine, but I hardly ever do cotton

Now that we got the Kverneland equipment, I think it would be cool to get the entire Pöttinger line-up as well
Last edited by iwan073 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ignorance is bliss
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

I got them all :)
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Still missing Bourgault, but I don't really mind. The Kverneland DLC is probably no 1 for me, with platinum second.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

Missing the point: none of them.
humbe

Post by humbe »

I have none but the free.. As a non-farmer the game already have a couple of known brands and a handful of unknown brands so I see no point in paying to add another unknown brand with similar functionality as the rest.

If they had done game play improvements it would be a totally different matter.
Pict

Post by Pict »

I have all of them, but I'm only slowly getting some time with the more recent stuff, including the Claas stuff which I have to say I'm getting quite attached to.

The Anderson pack really put round baling back up as an activity, particularly the bale collectors. But they could have upgraded the lumpy old FS13-esque round bale models as that really lets it down when you compare them to the bm-modding/Creative Mesh bales of the mod FS15 mod contest Krone round baler & the subsequent Straw Harvest add-on's.

That said a free bale compatibility add-on would be more than welcome from Giants (or any decent modder out there).

The John Deere cotton machine is nice, but I have yet to find a map I like that I would use it on. Same applies to the big Bourgault stuff.

So if anyone can recommend a map that can accommodate very large equipment like that, one that's well optimized and not spammed with trash and low quality models, I'd be very interested in trying it. A 4x map would be plenty.

Just started working my way through the Kvernland pack and I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Just started a new seasons game to try it all out, so I'm literally plowing my way through it at the moment, with some cultivating :) , looking forward to planting and seeding followed by lots of mowing and baling :hi:
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

I have all the listed DLCs, and While I like all of them, by far the best for me is the Platinum Expansion. I don’t have a single farm without some Claas machinery. At this stage I can’t farm without it, while the rest of the DLC is optional.

2: Kverneland
3: Bourgault
4: Anderson
5: John Deere Cotton.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

All of them because why not?
Ado239

Post by Ado239 »

Claas, Anderson and Kverneland/Vicon. Really enjoy them. Nothing in the other 2 to interest me.
PS4 player. Case is ace but fear the Deere! *thumbsup*
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I own them all, however only really like the Claas DLC as it's the only one that's added vehicles and/or Equipment I actually would and have used in the game. I've not even looked at the Kverneland/Vicon stuff, but doubt I'll ever use any of that as it'd be such a downgrade from equipment I do use on my maps in terms of size, speed and overall performance. The Free Horsch DLC probably has more uses in my game then any of the stuff that came in the Anderson or John Deere DLCs which we had to pay money for. By far the worst DLC for the game was the John Deere DLC, that just felt like trying to cash in on the fans of the Green Brand by releasing a DLC with only one piece of equipment from the Company.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Your poll should have an option for none.
If it's not free it's not worth it to me, unless it offers something unique.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

I own the Anderson and Claas DLC and i like neither of them

I bought the Anderson DLC because those continuose baler vehicles looked great, unfortunatly the one for squarebales doesn't offer enough smooth place infront of the baler to keep it busy nonstop in a SP game. The bale trailers are nice, but if you could manually lift the arm to an upward position so you can unload the bales next to a wall, as is possible in RL they would have been even better. Giants made woodchips basically irrelevant so i never tried the poplar harvester.

I bought the Claas DLC for multiplayer, unfortunatly they once again used those crappy engine sounds, an unrealistic weight distribution, no seatcam and they missed so many wheel options to use them for example an a NA map so all the tractors are unusable for me, the working width of both balers are to narrow and have a larger turn radius then the ones from kuhn also i miss the bale "turner" on the round baler so it would have been an improvment and be usable on hilly terrain. I miss the wheeled version of the lexion aswell as a selection of pipe lengths, so i rarly used parts of this dlc at all. At least the forage harvester is nice.

Cotton DLC - irrelevant for me

Bourgault DLC - not enough customizations combined with a JD tractor that lacks the same stuff as the claas tractors

Kverneland & Vicon DLC - haven't decided yet if it will be usefull
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:40 pm Your poll should have an option for none.
If it's not free it's not worth it to me, unless it offers something unique.
It have option for none, don't pick any of the options and click view results.
Poll reason is to find out which DLC-s are most popular and why people like them.

I have all the DLC-s, because for me every DLC offers unique, high quality equipment,
i do not use all the stuff from DLC-s, but every DLC has something i need. Also it is way to
support Giants, Giants does not have "donate" button.

I am going to list what i like from every DLC mostly, starting from my favourite one:

1. Claas DLC - bought it mostly because the high quality Claas equipment, what did not have before
in FS series, it is very important brand in my country, same important as JD.

2. Bourgault DLC - lot of good equipment to use in 4x maps, like CanFarm, Western Australia,
Stone Valley. FS series lacks oversized equipment and these maps ask for it.

3. Anderson Equipment Pack - lot of new gameplay offering equipment, mostly i use these
automatic bale pickup trailers.

4. Kverneland And Vicon Equipment pack - so new but still not sure what i like most, but so far
i can tell i really like this mower what rakes grass behind you and non-stop baler-wrapper,
for example can use follow me to drive both of them.

5. John Deere Cotton DLC - new gameplay element how to handle cotton, not much use, since
i play with seasons and most maps does not support cotton anymore.