Which DLC-s you have? Which one do you like most?

Which DLC-s you have?

Anderson Group Equipment Pack
23%
John Deere Cotton DLC
14%
Platinum Expansion
29%
Bourgault DLC
16%
Kverneland & Vicon Equipment Pack
18%

Total votes: 314

mirceast19

Re: Which DLC-s you have? Which one do you like most?

Post by mirceast19 »

This topic is my fault? :)

Which DLC-s you have? All.
Which one do you like most? Class ofc, surely it's a huge step, the best dlc ever.

Keep in mind also the price and what each pack offers.

I would ask you in another way:
- if you dont have money for all packs and if you can buy just 4 of 5 packs, which one you do not buy? And I know my answer for numbers: K & V Pack.
- imagine we wanna play in a league or competition and there it's not just about bales (maybe we can play for milk or logs or cotton or barley or canola or all of them) and you can add a "power play" like 3 of 5 packs. What would you choose? K & V Pack? Never. Ofc banning for your opponent will always be Class or Bourgault. ;) If you wanna win, K & V Pack is useless.

If you want "fashion" or "real life", K & V is very nice. But not in this game FS with that numbers for price of pack, speed or time consuming.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

If you wanna win? There is no win/lost system. The new dlc brings new elements to the game. Just because you don't like doesn't others don't. Don't call it useless.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I have very little interest in this new dlc, but I’m gonna buy it because 1: I have spent 15 dollars on dumber stuff than supporting a company that I’m mostly happy with and 2: that auto unloading roundbaler is gonna cut hours off baling contracts on can farm👍🏻
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:15 pm If you wanna win? There is no win/lost system. The new dlc brings new elements to the game. Just because you don't like doesn't others don't. Don't call it useless.
OK. Then I say it differently: if there will be more ("useless") DLC like last one, Kverneland & Vicon Equipment Pack was the last one I bought. The next DLC I will buy will have to contain some new maps, new crops or some trucks like Mercedes, Volvo, Iveco, Daf...

Good luck. Happy driving!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

See there is stuff that you want that I don't think is needed, example some trucks especially the ones you named. It is all a point of view.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Think he’d be happier with Euro truck simulator
Ignorance is bliss
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Mwal wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:23 pm I have very little interest in this new dlc, but I’m gonna buy it because 1: I have spent 15 dollars on dumber stuff than supporting a company that I’m mostly happy with and 2: that auto unloading roundbaler is gonna cut hours off baling contracts on can farm👍🏻
I Kinda agree with you about buying, even if it's just to show support.
But I'm not going to do that if they're not going to work toward improving the game.
If they would finish the game, I'd be happy to buy all the DLC they pumped out.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Season pass, so I have them all. There's been something I've liked about each DLC, but I'd have to say the one I can live the most without is the Anderson Group. Of the ones I have used, I'd have to say Bourgault is my favorite because I play on large fields. I haven't played with the new K/V pack yet, but just testing that swathing mower with the baler, oh man this will make haylage/silage a breeze. Lots of potential.

As to the next DLC, I'd love to see a grain pack that comes with a grain truck, more augers/grain decks and maybe some of those silos like you guys have on PC where they only take 1 grain type at a time and you have to fill them from the top. Also wouldn't hurt to have a grain vac.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

I have gotten all but the Bourgault and the latest one (for got the name). I thought about the Bourgault DLC, but all I would use is that JD tractor in it.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I do not own any DLC, but if I could rank them based on videos, looks, etc. I have witnessed, I would go

1. Claas DLC - A totally new brand, with many tractors and harvesters and equipment. Also a major brand in any European or NA country

2. Anderson Equipment DLC - As a dairyman, this DLC brings many more interesting features to the boring job that baling is with a square baler in FS. Combine this with the Straw Harvest Add-on, I think it makes a great addition to the straw and hay making aspect of FS

3. Bourgault DLC - This might be a bias coming from a PC standpoint as we already have a 9RX and access to more mods, but the implements especially are amazing. The sheer size puts them at #3, and the larger equipment is especially helpful for 4x maps, or even some 2x maps like Welker Farms

4. Kvernland and Vicon Equipment DLC - I really like they added a baler that doesn't require manual unload, and also a set of mowers that puts the row into the middle. Just the overall addition of this, combined with the Anderson DLC, makes a lot of improvements to the haying process in FS

5. Holmer DLC - I am counting this since it has DLC in the name, even thoguh it is free, but the versatility of this mod makes it very useful for any growing farmer. From slurry to manure to fertilizer to even sugar beets, it's a great all-around vehicle pack

6. John Deere Cotton DLC - I'm going to be honest, I don't see how this adds much to the game besides a JD. While being a John Deere person at heart, I put this at the bottom purely because besides the capability of a new type of cotton bale, the harvester is more expensive and makes smaller bales.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Season pass so have all dlc but will only rank the 2 I would have bought with out season pass

Claas pack
Anderson pack
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Guil

Post by Guil »

I have them all, I suppose the class is probably my favourite followed by bourgault. Haven't played with the kverneland yet
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

Dairydeere wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:23 am 6. John Deere Cotton DLC - I'm going to be honest, I don't see how this adds much to the game besides a JD. While being a John Deere person at heart, I put this at the bottom purely because besides the capability of a new type of cotton bale, the harvester is more expensive and makes smaller bales.
First of all, I'm heavily biased so I'll admit this up front. Mrs. Kimpak is an engineer for JD Cotton and actually did the model that was sent to Giants for the DLC.

To answer the question of what does it add? Nonstop harvesting. Basically its the same advantage that everyone likes about the new round baler in the Kvernland DLC. If you are doing the harvesting yourself (rather than courseplay or a worker) another advantage is since the harvester holds the bale you can choose to drop all the modules at the same end of a field. That will save more time collecting bales since they're all at the same end of the field. (also done IRL). So even though the bales are smaller, you still save more time overall.

So of course my pick for best DLC is JD Cotton...but again I'm biased so you can throw that out of the statistics ;). If it wasn't for that it would be another one I'd have waited for a sale on.

My second pick is the Anderson DLC, especially useful on console since it adds legitimate automatic bale collecting trailers. Those were a life saver for me when I was learning the game and hadn't downloaded any mods yet.

Platinum expansion is definitely cool, but I don't really use Claas. Didn't really add anything new per se, just sweet models of existing equipment types.

I haven't bought bourgault, it also doesn't add anything new. I'll still get it if it goes on sale at some point.

Kvernland - I really like that new baler but I can't justify dropping $15 on the DLC for one piece of equipment that I'd use. Again, I will get it but only when/if it goes on sale.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Kimpak wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:58 pm First of all, I'm heavily biased so I'll admit this up front. Mrs. Kimpak is an engineer for JD Cotton and actually did the model that was sent to Giants for the DLC.

Chris was asked in an FSClub live stream if this Kverneland DLC was made in-house by GIANTS, or that it was outsourced to another company.

Chris replied that they do all the modeling themselves for the DLC’s.

Am I not getting what is being said here or did Chris not understand the question?

What am I missing here?
Ignorance is bliss
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

iwan073 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:27 pm
Kimpak wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:58 pm First of all, I'm heavily biased so I'll admit this up front. Mrs. Kimpak is an engineer for JD Cotton and actually did the model that was sent to Giants for the DLC.

Chris was asked in an FSClub live stream if this Kverneland DLC was made in-house by GIANTS, or that it was outsourced to another company.

Chris replied that they do all the modeling themselves for the DLC’s.

Am I not getting what is being said here or did Chris not understand the question?

What am I missing here?

IDK who Chris is, but he's not wrong per se. I know for 100% fact that for the JD cotton picker Giants got the actual 3d model from JD corporate. Its the same model the company actually uses but my Mrs. stripped out all the unnecessary and proprietary parts. (Otherwise the model file would be several gigs in size) The model was then sent to Giants who would have assigned it all the appropriate programming and whatever else it takes to get it into the game.