Transporting pallets on PS4

Jpeterson

Transporting pallets on PS4

Post by Jpeterson »

Hey everyone. Just recently started to play FS19 and I have become obsessed with it! Haha

I’m trying to figure out how to transport pallets so I can do some transporting contracts while workers sort out my farm. I’m using the Sussex farm map and I’ve bought a tracker with a front loader and pallet fork. I’ve then bought a flatbed trailer. My idea was to load the pallets on the flatbed using the front loader. It doesn’t seem to work! The pallets stick in the forks and won’t load into the trailer.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a better way?
eric21

Re: Transporting pallets on PS4

Post by eric21 »

Tilt the forks slightly and let it drag on trailer
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

You need to be fairly precise when inserting the forks in to the pallet. Take your time and make sure the forks are flat and try and make sure they are hitting the middle of the slot in the pallet. If it's too high or too low then they tend to get bound up on the pallet.
If they do get stuck, sometimes it helps if you detach and then reattach the forks on the loader (doesn't always work though).
The CSZ pack includes autoload pallet forks so check them out and see if they help you out if all else fails.
JamP

Post by JamP »

^^^ Use the CSZ pack fork pallet... It's going to make your life a lot easier. It is not autoloader in the console but will discover the magic.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
Jpeterson

Post by Jpeterson »

Ritchie wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:42 am You need to be fairly precise when inserting the forks in to the pallet. Take your time and make sure the forks are flat and try and make sure they are hitting the middle of the slot in the pallet. If it's too high or too low then they tend to get bound up on the pallet.
If they do get stuck, sometimes it helps if you detach and then reattach the forks on the loader (doesn't always work though).
The CSZ pack includes autoload pallet forks so check them out and see if they help you out if all else fails.
I’ve downloaded the CSZ pack. It has a much better selection of forks etc! I can’t workout how you get the forks to auto load though?
Urinal2001

Post by Urinal2001 »

Im in the same boat actually... Knew that autoload wasnt available, so never spent much time using the CSZ forks as i wasnt a fan of them all being black. What is this 'magic' you mention JamP? It might make me overlook the colour if it simplifies loading a little.

As to the original question, i can load pallets (and am getting faster the more i do) but find it a little time consuming with the amount of wool im producing. The two things ive found make the difference is
1) Viewing from the side so i can judge exactly where im placing it, and can see the angle the forks are at underneath the pallet.
2) Using the 3-point forklift mod on the front of a truck (they are straight up/down, and eliminate the forks changing their angle as you raise and lower like i get with my MF skid-steer loader. They also have a little indicator on the bottom that means you can get the right height right away). I actually mount it on the D754 truck with a flatbed back. That way i can drop the flatbed, drive out and load pallets on to it with the truck, then back the truck back under the flatbed and drive off. An all in one solution. Plus the truck has so many other backs for other purposes.

If you DO use a skid steer, i really like the MF mod, as you can remove the cage roof, and it gives FAR better visibility.

The mods that i mentioned:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019 (the flatbed is actually in the baling category, just change it from wood setup to the flatbed)
Gingerjay

Post by Gingerjay »

If you’ve got the CSZ pack then id recommend the big bag lifter. Thank me later 😉
Jpeterson

Post by Jpeterson »

Gingerjay wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:27 am If you’ve got the CSZ pack then id recommend the big bag lifter. Thank me later 😉
Don’t seem to be able to find it? Where abouts is it in the store?
Florish

Post by Florish »

Gingerjay wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:27 am If you’ve got the CSZ pack then id recommend the big bag lifter. Thank me later 😉
I use it all the time for pallets, best option indeed!!
Digital farmer from the Netherlands
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5
Sinclaircool

Post by Sinclaircool »

Jpeterson wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:46 am Hey everyone. Just recently started to play FS19 and I have become obsessed with it! Haha

I’m trying to figure out how to transport pallets so I can do some transporting contracts while workers sort out my farm. I’m using the Sussex farm map and I’ve bought a tracker with a front loader and pallet fork. I’ve then bought a flatbed trailer. My idea was to load the pallets on the flatbed using the front loader. It doesn’t seem to work! The pallets stick in the forks and won’t load into the trailer.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a better way?
Welcome to the dark side
Don't leak mods
Sinclaircool

Post by Sinclaircool »

Jpeterson wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:43 am
It's in front loaders telehandlers skidsteer loaders and wheel loaders in the tools section of the shop *thumbsup*
Don't leak mods
Gingerjay

Post by Gingerjay »

If i remember correctly it should be towards the end of the csz options in the relevant category (frontloader, telehandler, etc etc)
Jpeterson

Post by Jpeterson »

Gingerjay wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:06 pm
If i remember correctly it should be towards the end of the csz options in the relevant category (frontloader, telehandler, etc etc)
There is a big bag handler?
Jpeterson

Post by Jpeterson »

OMG I’ve got it. It’s amazing!
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

When picking up a pallet you want the forks to be angled up slightly when you insert the forks and then you can tilt them down to retract from the pallet.

Learned that from spending days building my warehouse.