Vicon fast bale not so fast?

fighterpilot

Vicon fast bale not so fast?

Post by fighterpilot »

I thought I would try this out as it would no doubt speed up the baling and wrapping process. Whilst it is convenient to do them both in one pass the machine seems to be going very slowly. With a 5000 Xerion it only manages 4-5mph when picking up a swath from a fully fertilised field. Does this seem to slow to anybody else?

FP
Alagos

Re: Vicon fast bale not so fast?

Post by Alagos »

The bigger the swath, the slower the baler will move, since it needs time to wrap. But it's still faster than a conventional baler/wrapper combo, that's where the 'fast' part comes into the name.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Baling grass compared to hay or straw in real life would be slower as well. As stated above wider swath also would effect it the physics of this DLC and also the Claas one seem too follow real life closer than has been seen previously I hope this is something Giants continue with.
Rabbitbugs93

Post by Rabbitbugs93 »

You could just use a smaller rake..I installed a kverneland 7m rake from the modhub an I can now bale at 14kph..
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

But go up and down the field twice as often
Ignorance is bliss
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Tbh, in the end it doesnt matter how fast you're working with the Fastbale, it's always faster than a conventional baler/wrapper combination.
With a 'normal' combination you're just waiting for the wrapper to finish when your next bale is ready, when you're using big swaths.
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
Rabbitbugs93

Post by Rabbitbugs93 »

I like rakeing so doesn't bother me ha..
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

The balers in the game go a tad bit to fast compared to real life speeds. (I put the cruise control power to slow down to real life speed). The square balers are alright, but the one I use in real life (case IH 8575) rocks the tractor back and forth, which he in game ones don't do. 🙃The round balers in the game however are good, but when the bale gets to size the tractor will struggle to power he baler, which doesn't happen in game. And the fastbale speed is faster than what I could go in real life. 👍
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Ado239

Post by Ado239 »

I consider is very accurate. A heavy swath IRL will slow you down. The fact you don't have to keep stopping makes it fast.
PS4 player. Case is ace but fear the Deere! *thumbsup*
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

I had issues with the baler. It would stop when unloading the pre chamber, then again when dropping the bale. Spent some time figuring out why. Turns out “auto unload from balers” mod caused the second stop, while REA mod caused the first. Go figure... after disabling these two, I can happily bale along non stop (and frankly a bit too fast, I think)
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Alagos wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:40 pm Tbh, in the end it doesnt matter how fast you're working with the Fastbale, it's always faster than a conventional baler/wrapper combination.
With a 'normal' combination you're just waiting for the wrapper to finish when your next bale is ready, when you're using big swaths.
Nah, I timed it.. (atleast for me) the claas vrapbaler is faster, 20kmh but with stops, vs vicon non-stop 7-9 kmh.
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Ekan wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:56 am
Alagos wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:40 pm Tbh, in the end it doesnt matter how fast you're working with the Fastbale, it's always faster than a conventional baler/wrapper combination.
Nah, I timed it.. (atleast for me) the claas vrapbaler is faster, 20kmh but with stops, vs vicon non-stop 7-9 kmh.
And you did an entire field with the both of them?
Ignorance is bliss
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Yeah I was kinda questioning it as well. I was doing a bailing contract and I’m pretty sure it took 4.5 hours to complete it with 2 fast balers vs 4 hours with 3 Claas wrap baler. Next time I run it I will see what courseplay calculates for overall completion time.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I did a test a while back and the Fastbale was faster than the Claas one
Ignorance is bliss
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Ok that makes me feel better, it was over 1000 bales so it was a pretty solid test I just wish I wrote down how long the Claas balers took so I was sure