Vicon fast bale not so fast?

Sinclaircool

Re: Vicon fast bale not so fast?

Post by Sinclaircool »

Rabbitbugs93 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:45 pm You could just use a smaller rake..I installed a kverneland 7m rake from the modhub an I can now bale at 14kph..
KPH OR MPH because KPH sounds really slow so it must be MPH
Don't leak mods
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

No, kph. Which is still fast for that baler
Ignorance is bliss
Eische

Post by Eische »

It is not the fault of the FastBale. If anything, the default speed of the other ingame balers is just too high.

The FastBale is designed not to have to stop for either dropping a bale or moving it from the bale chamber to the wrapper. Working speed is limited by the time the wrapper needs to complete a bale and the amount of material inside of your windrow. This is what happens in reality and in the game. For granted, in reality you might face additional limitations.

But, the other ingame balers just use the same working speed regardless of the windrow size. Would you imply similar behavior/connection between windrow size and working speed, you would be way slower because you have to stop for each bale.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Going forward it might change, as with the Claas DLC they started to show more realistic power requirements with a hint towards the next game, so it may be that standard balers might be a little more neutered in terms of working speed, making the Fastbale quicker still.

Perhaps it might even depend on the swath size and type - one can hope.
Last edited by this_is_gav on Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I sure hope so
Ignorance is bliss
aklein

Post by aklein »

Its already been said for the most part in the thread but the fast bale uses a technology to control the speed of the tractor based on the input of materials into the baler in such a way as to make sure it does not ingest material faster than it can process which includes wrapping. I demonstrated this when I did the DLC first look video. A larger windrow equaled a slower overall bailing speed but with out the need to stop it was still much faster than a traditional round baler and then a wrapper.

If you half the size of the material going into the unit then the unit will run quicker. You make more passes on the field but its faster. The total time should be fairly equil so either you go slower and make less passes or go faster and make more passes but still if wrapping silage your only going over the field once where as with a regular baler your stop and starting to unload the thing then you have to go over the field again to wrap them all.

there is a point of diminished returns on HP and implements. Double or triple the HP and you still can only go as fast as the implement can process the material. more HP does not equate to a faster running machine as most farm equipment with a PTO runs at 540RPM on the PTO and the HP requirement is based on how much PTO HP is needed to move all of the mechanical components within the machine. Some equipment like the discbine runs on 1000RPM PTO. Not sure what else is 1000RPM vs 540PRM.
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

iwan073 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:30 am I did a test a while back and the Fastbale was faster than the Claas one
Yes a entire field. Swats made by 12m windrower, clover non fertilized. Tho drove really samll swats, 14-16 kmh with non stoper, then it was alot fasster then claas. Guess its just like in RL :biggrin2:
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

I doubt it
Ignorance is bliss
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Ugh, I wish I could get my money back as the fastbale was the main reason I got the DLC; only to find out that Giants is going with the "it's IRL" excuse when their arcade version doesn't work as most think it should. At minimum, the 12.5m (actually 12m) windrower on double fertilized crop should allow the fastbale system that is picking up it's windrows to operate at full speed as they are both within the same DLC. In addition, mods like variable bale capacity should move the ceiling out of the way for the speed cap, which it currently does not.

For those who don't want to deal with stopping and starting with round bales, drive the rake tractor at 14-16 kph depending on crop density and put the baler on another tractor using follow me. The baling tractor will stop once to unload into wrapper and once to dump the bale once wrapped.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

this_is_gav wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:22 pm Going forward it might change, as with the Claas DLC they started to show more realistic power requirements with a hint towards the next game, so it may be that standard balers might be a little more neutered in terms of working speed, making the Fastbale quicker still.

Perhaps it might even depend on the swath size and type - one can hope.
I'm with you on this some of the power requirements are ridicously low 6m Vaederstad drill needing 180hp,downhill with a tailwind it would still struggle. I've been told as a rule of thumb it's about 50hp per metre with them.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

norfolk farmer wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:48 pm I'm with you on this some of the power requirements are ridicously low 6m Vaederstad drill needing 180hp,downhill with a tailwind it would still struggle. I've been told as a rule of thumb it's about 50hp per metre with them.
It's the same as Vaderstad recommends in their technical specs for the 600S Rapid seeder.

We all should know that there different HP requirements based on different scenarios:
  • Technical spec that the manufacture recommends (typically what the game is based on)
  • Horsepower would need to be added if the terrain is hilly
  • Horsepower would need to be added if the user wants to go faster or the field conditions are heavier than normal
  • Horsepower can be lowered if the user wants to go slower, typically due to field conditions
  • Horsepower can be lowered if the field conditions are lighter than typical (sandy soil, light hay, tillage equipment not fully engaged)
I think overall, Giants has chosen the correct reference point for most equipment.
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

Guys, I don't want to sound rude nor I want to offend anyone, but with Claas ROLLANT 455 RC UNIWRAP I can bale as fast as Vicon FastBale, and probably faster.
How I do it ? With Automatic Unload For Bale Wrapper script.