Pro seed!

Azfoor

Pro seed!

Post by Azfoor »

How does it work? I have read the guide on github but it still won't work correctly. I set it to 18m like my sprayer it when I compare the tramlines to the sprayer it still missing like 2m on one side and overlap on the next line..! :confusednew:
Illinois Farmer

Re: Pro seed!

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Are you using the gps mod as well?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:59 pm Are you using the gps mod as well?
Yes I do. And if I put it in auto it will make the tramlines on the first pass with the seeder. It's a 9m seeder and 18m sprayer
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

Did you checkout the PDF files? :)
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

Unless it's me, but both PDF's are in German?
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

alpha117 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:04 pm Unless it's me, but both PDF's are in German?
No scroll to the second page, my bad should have made that clear lol. :mrgreen:
alpha117

Post by alpha117 »

Yes, yes, my fault...all good
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Nice work Mr Wopster 👍
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Wopster wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:49 pm Did you checkout the PDF files? :)
Yes I did but didn't understand first but now i think I need to do a half pass on the first one and then reset the gps seeding rest of that half and making tramlines on that pass and then I can just keep going making tramlines every other pass *thumbsup*
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Azfoor wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:46 pm
Wopster wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:49 pm Did you checkout the PDF files? :)
Yes I did but didn't understand first but now i think I need to do a half pass on the first one and then reset the gps seeding rest of that half and making tramlines on that pass and then I can just keep going making tramlines every other pass *thumbsup*
My limited experience with real-life tramlines was always a drill 1/3 the width of the sprayer and spreader. i.e. 4m drill with 12m spreader and sprayer, 6m drill with 18m spreader and sprayer. The drill left a tramline every 3rd pass, starting with the 2nd pass (which then lined up with where the spreader or sprayer would drive to get full coverage). I'm sure there are other ways to configure tram lines in different multiples, but this way always seemed the most logical to me.
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

This mod is amazing, five stars with thumbs up *thumbsup*

Also remember that you have to reset your tracks every time you start from the edge of the field, say when doing your headlands. This is due to the fact that the first set of tramlines (near any field edge) have to be half of your implement width. Unless your fields are 100% square I'd recommend doing your headland in semi or manual mode. And it is perfectly normal to have the last tramlines closer together, so the width of your implement (sprayer/fertilizer spreader) overlaps a little to fit inside the field.

@Wopster:
Small issue when the pre-emergence marking/cultivating is turned OFF, even after you re-seed during the headland these tracks are not deleted/seeded on the second pass. No big deal, I just noticed it during testing as shown here:
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

How should headlands be handled? Always seed a headland at the width of the sprayer to avoid overlap?
Wopster

Post by Wopster »

george.earlslight wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:56 am How should headlands be handled? Always seed a headland at the width of the sprayer to avoid overlap?
Did you have a look at the included PDF files on my github? :)
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

george.earlslight wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:56 am How should headlands be handled? Always seed a headland at the width of the sprayer to avoid overlap?
No, you only need to seed the headland until you make your first set of tramlines and cover your unseeded turning area :smileynew:

Some people seed the headland first, in that case I’d do one additional pass beyond your tramlines just to give more room to lift the seeder before the tramlines. E.g. if you do the first tramlines at the second pass from the edge, then do three passes from the edge of the field.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Wopster wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:55 am Did you have a look at the included PDF files on my github? :)
Exactly a look. I probably need to look better :P

Edit: Looked again, I don't see anything specific for headlands, am I missing something?
I'm not talking about rectangular fields if it makes any difference.
michaelr wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:16 pm No, you only need to seed the headland until you make your first set of tramlines and cover your unseeded turning area :smileynew:

Some people seed the headland first, in that case I’d do one additional pass beyond your tramlines just to give more room to lift the seeder before the tramlines. E.g. if you do the first tramlines at the second pass from the edge, then do three passes from the edge of the field.
Thanks bud!