Hello all and quick question on harvesters

FarmerJon777

Hello all and quick question on harvesters

Post by FarmerJon777 »

Hello all! I just bought FS19 a few days ago and I am totally addicted! I've downloaded the Great Plains mod and am having fun learning various planting and harvesting procedures. I was wondering if the larger harvesters can tow a trailer behind to catch wheat, and if so, do you know what combinations work well?

Jon
North Carolina
JensChrDK

Re: Hello all and quick question on harvesters

Post by JensChrDK »

Hello Jon and welcome to the forum.
I seem to remember to have seen one on a shady mod site on the dark web, but nothing for consoles.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
RedJester

Post by RedJester »

FarmerJon777 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:26 am Hello all! I just bought FS19 a few days ago and I am totally addicted! I've downloaded the Great Plains mod and am having fun learning various planting and harvesting procedures. I was wondering if the larger harvesters can tow a trailer behind to catch wheat, and if so, do you know what combinations work well?

Jon
North Carolina
IIRC the New Holland TC 5.90 comes with a PTO. You can put a baler on the back of it but it is slow going as the harvester is low Horsepower. Also the Front Lifter Attachment will let you put a PTO on just about anything that has a trailer hitch BUT it is considered a very heavy weight and it does not fit well with everything so you will have to watch your HP and general geometry of what you are putting it on. I tried putting it on the back of a D-754 and it attached well but it was too heavy and the truck just skidded around in circles. DJgoham did a video on the front lifter attachment I'll link below.

FarmerJon777

Post by FarmerJon777 »

Thanks for the replies all!