Animals here and there

Wonka

Animals here and there

Post by Wonka »

Animals, animals, animals, animals everywhere! 😁

I started one game with cows and pigs really early, which led to selling the pig farm and, and after many days of work finally having happy cows with TMR and everything else.
Now that I’m making good money (working no stop on own farms and contracts!), * what do you recommend me to be my next animal farm? *
Pigs didn’t make me earn too much, and it was tough to keep them 100% happy too.
I have another question, if you plan with Seasons mod on, will wool be more expensive on winter? I might start playing with seasons after I achieve many goals with current game.
RedJester

Re: Animals here and there

Post by RedJester »

Wonka wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:50 am Animals, animals, animals, animals everywhere! 😁

I started one game with cows and pigs really early, which led to selling the pig farm and, and after many days of work finally having happy cows with TMR and everything else.
Now that I’m making good money (working no stop on own farms and contracts!), * what do you recommend me to be my next animal farm? *
Pigs didn’t make me earn too much, and it was tough to keep them 100% happy too.
I have another question, if you plan with Seasons mod on, will wool be more expensive on winter? I might start playing with seasons after I achieve many goals with current game.
Seasons mod turns dairy cow farms into a slow downhill snow ball. You start off with more investment in than out but after the first two years if you keep buying new cows they'll start paying for themselves with milk and slurry or manure sells. I start with 20-25 Holstiens and buy 5-15 new at the first day of every season and sell the calves(you can keep the females but they take a long while to get old enough to get milk. I find it faster to just buy the older cows.)the only two fields I have are for silage/hay for TMR.
Sell the slurry at the biogas and the milk when you get a good price. I have in my fourth year 150 cattle some in milk others not and make $25k every other day selling slurry at BGA on Hard economy for the map I'm playing. It takes a bit to get a dairy farm rolling with seasons but I think it's one of the biggest money makers in the game.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

In seasons you get a lot more pigs than in vanilla if you choose the breeding variant. So you get a lot of money in return.
Wool price will vary with the Geo mod you use, in the one i use the highes price is in mid spring.
Cows will provide a lot of money if you have the initial capital to get it running, especially the manure is lucrative if you dump it into greenhouses instead of using it as fertilizer.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Wonka

Post by Wonka »

Thank you both!