Can't empty bunker silo - Any suggestions for workaround?

humbe

Can't empty bunker silo - Any suggestions for workaround?

Post by humbe »

Sandy Bay - Foxbury Farm.
- Dumped a lot of grass into it with loading wagon (SIP Pionir 20).
- Possibly a bit too much. It put a bit of grass on top of back wall and on top of left wall seen from front.
- When levelling, the part next to where it got on top of wall didn't compress down, but could drive over the rest to compress to 100%.
- Covered up, waited until fully fermented, opened front and back but middle still covered.
- Tried unloading with loading wagon, but it didn't work well, as it loaded very quickly and made large empty holes underneath it, making it easy to get stuck. I guess I filled almost two wagons before I didn't manage to get more.
- Now steep wall up to middle section which was not uncovered yet. Some content on the left and right side in front of it, which can be seen in picture above. Tried to use front loader bucket to remove it, but it doesn't work. Front loader won't remove the bits there.
- Tried the Holaras Mes 400 leveller which I saw suggested in forum, and manage to get rid of the wall in the middle, but the content at the sides is still stuck.
- Tried a conveyor belt and managed to unload a lot of the pit, ending up in the state in picture above. The lose bits in front in the middle I can grab, but the bit on the sides and the bit underneath the cover doesn't seem to be affected by anything..

Also tried editing items.xml to remove content from bunker silo, but it didn't help, as the actual content within seems to be stored as lose content dumped on the ground somewhere else.

Any suggestions for how I can manage to empty it or reset it with some hack or something? Any suggestion as to what I did wrong which made me get into this mess?
Yeahrightio

Re: Can't empty bunker silo - Any suggestions for workaround?

Post by Yeahrightio »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to get it out with a loader for the tarp to go further back. Did the back side of the tarp open because it's the furthest away from the front?

I reckon you full send it with a loader and try to get the most out if it. The meadowgrove bunker does it to me all of the time and a good silage grab fitted a tractor (deutz agrotron FEL in my case) seems to do the trick.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
humbe

Post by humbe »

The back opened because I stepped on it and opened it.. I guess the game doesn't know the difference between bunkers with opening in one end and bunkers with opening in two ends..

Maybe I have to use a loader for tarp to go back.. I dunno.. Too late now it seems.. I haven't tried a specific silage grab, just a standard bucket.. Tested now using a John Deere 6250 R, JD 643R front loader and Stoll Silage Cutter, but still can't get in a position to load up anything more and the tarp stays put.

A bit surprised as it's only the second silage bunker I try to use, and the other one I've only used 2-3 times, so wasn't expecting to hit a bug as others seems to be using them a lot.. But I guess I maybe triggered it by driving a loading wagon into it..
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

From the picture is looks like a new "end" of the tarp, like if there has been 2 - have you tried to open it again with "R"?
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
brynog

Post by brynog »

Try the milling machine on the front links of the tractor with a trailer behind to unload into. It's pickup range is quite large.
Otherwise if you're just getting rid use the smoothing button in landscaping
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

You could use the terrain editing tool and paint the ground that deleted silage for me once.
humbe

Post by humbe »

I tried with the milling machine, but it doesn't want to pick up the bit in front by the sides.. Same as conveyor belts or front loader won't pick it up either..

Also tried to retry a save backup from before I completed compaction and fermented it, and I got into the same mess. I think I might have caused the mess because I got content on the top of the bunker silo walls.

Painting the ground removed the content. Not sure if it will reset the bunker to be ready to be reused, but hopefully ok..
humbe

Post by humbe »

To get out of it I ended up:
- Reloading old save to see how much grass was in here in the first place.
- Calculated what BGA income I was supposed to have.
- Repainted bunker silo.
- Removed construction cost for landscaping and added back the money in savegame.
- Added back silage to my loading wagon a few times to get the missing silage.

Not exactly adding to immersion in this savegame.. I just hope this bunker works the next time I'm trying to use it later this summer..

While the milling machine didn't work to get out of this state, it seemed like a great way to get stuff out of a bunker. Much easier than conveyor belt which is tricky to move around. I'll test it out next time I think..
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

That *censored* glad ya figured it out though
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

Have you tried with Ropa nawaro-maus ?
humbe

Post by humbe »

EURO_FARMER wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:40 pm Have you tried with Ropa nawaro-maus ?
No.. But I'm guessing functionality for loading up silage is generic, so if I can't pick it up with front loader, conveyor belt or miller, I'm guessing I can't pick it up with anything.. That I need to get the tarp off to remove more, but that isn't happening for some reason.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Mwal wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:02 pm You could use the terrain editing tool and paint the ground that deleted silage for me once.
Thanks for the suggestion.. Really saved this savegame from being abandoned..
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

So, the problem is with the cover ? Maybe you can put a conveyor closer to the end of the cover and then go to the other side and try to open the cover ?
Maybe that will help ?
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I’m glad it helped, I found out the other way. I got a little pushy painting some gravel and deleted the 500,000 liters of silage I needed to feed my beef cattle over the year. That was an easier fix than yours but still at the moment I died a little haha.
humbe

Post by humbe »

EURO_FARMER wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:08 pm So, the problem is with the cover ? Maybe you can put a conveyor closer to the end of the cover and then go to the other side and try to open the cover ?
Maybe that will help ?
Have resolved with painting now, so not gonna try other bits, but I tested the default game conveyor belts. By using a leveller I managed to push most of the content out from underneath the tarp and pick up most of it with the belt, but what remained in the picture above (apart from the lose bits in middle front), could not be picked up by anything, and the tarp still covered the middle bunker. I tried quite a lot of bits, so not gonna find old savegame to try anymore now..