Stone Valley 2x Alfalfa Question

Dimitris Blackfoot

Re: Stone Valley 2x Alfalfa Question

Post by Dimitris Blackfoot »

I understand.I play on ps4 so I can't edit the game.I hope that these fruit types will be included also in the ps4 version
eric21

Post by eric21 »

There is
Dimitris Blackfoot

Oh ok.Thank you for the information
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Dimitris Blackfoot wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:57 pm Oh ok.Thank you for the information
The problem with that map is the map author probably has Alfalfa as Lucerne, which I believe is the European word for it. My crops.xml only has Alfalfa and Rye added.

But if you're asking if the GEO adds crop types then no, those are added by the map maker. The GEOS only determine the growth patterns of the fruitTypes. I am currently working on adding Carrots and Onions and I may add Lucerne just in case someone wants to use it on a different map.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

Missyb wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:47 pm you mite want try the storage shed from GtX and add in Alfalfa in the xml.
I did try that, but I couldn’t find out what the correct bale type was to make it work. Do you have any ideas I could try?
Dimitris Blackfoot

@FarmCatJenkins I see.Thank you for your time and your explanation.
Missyb

Post by Missyb »

Luftkopf wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:23 pm
Missyb wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:47 pm you mite want try the storage shed from GtX and add in Alfalfa in the xml.
I did try that, but I couldn’t find out what the correct bale type was to make it work. Do you have any ideas I could try?
try this

<fillType="DRYLUCERNE_WINDROW"
fillType="LUCERNE_WINDROW"/>
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

Missyb wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:53 pm try this

<fillType="DRYLUCERNE_WINDROW"
fillType="LUCERNE_WINDROW"/>
Thanks, I’ll definitely be trying this when I get home tonight or tomorrow!
friendlinzh

Post by friendlinzh »

Dimitris Blackfoot wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:24 pm Does this geo work with other maps or only with stone valley?I tested it in vorpomern rugen on ps4 but it doesn't add the alfalfa and rye fruit types.Thank you in advance

this geo dont work with other maps
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

It actually does. Just won't work with custom crops, like I explained above.

Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

friendlinzh wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:48 am this geo dont work with other maps
Works great on midwest horizons.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Luftkopf wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:35 am I reckon I got three cuts in my first year, but I didn’t plant as early as I could have. We’ll see how year two goes. I got my first cut done the morning it came ready.

I haven’t done a comparison to grass yet, but I felt that the volume of silage bales was pretty good. I’m trying alfalfa hay in year two, as I’m going to start a dairy, and I’ll get my silage TMR from grass, and hay from the alfalfa. The only problem I have is I can’t find any bale sheds that support alfalfa bales. Hay or silage.
Three cuts your first year? Wow, on all the maps I’ve tried alfalfa (sandy bay, kandelin and gemiinde race) I’ve not been able to get ANY cuts the first year(planted on the first day of spring). It grows to the last green stage, then winter comes. The next year it grew to harvestable, but it seemed very slow. I can’t see me being close to 3 cuts in any situation. Maybe the default GEO’s are at fault?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Every geo has different growing patterns. Farmcatjenkins did a great job trying to get it realistic. We cut put alfalfa 4 to 5 times a year. We are 2/3 of the way done with second crop already.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Doc3d wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:10 pm Maybe the default GEO’s are at fault?
More than likely that's your problem. The default GEO doesn't have Alfalfa set up for crop growth. Stone Valley does but only if it is labeled in the map files as Alfalfa, not Lucerne. But I'm going to add Lucerne as the same growth so it will be EU friendly

NWJ22

Post by NWJ22 »

Dimitris Blackfoot wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:24 pm Does this geo work with other maps or only with stone valley?I tested it in vorpomern rugen on ps4 but it doesn't add the alfalfa and rye fruit types.Thank you in advance
Geo's have nothing to do with additional fruits such as Alfalfa etc, they're in the case of Stone Valley part of the Maize Plus Forage extension mod,

All Geo's will have the additional fruits added to the growth calender automatically, likely similar to grass.