I Joined the darkside (PC) a week ago (My thoughts)

livesea72

I Joined the darkside (PC) a week ago (My thoughts)

Post by livesea72 »

After 2 delays and waiting a total of 40 days i received my new computer last sunday.My feeling so far are mostly positive.
I like not having slots to worry about and tons of mods to choose from which leads me to first negative and thats installing mods from different sites(I used sites mentioned on forums with positive reviews ) it can be a bit confusing when dropping them in mods folder and ones that need to be unzipped as well.
I am able to play on high settings with few framrate issues on the pleasant valley map with 4096x3072 resolution.
I have edited a few XML files to makes things like unload speeds more realistic.I hope to try modding soonish (3 meter cultivator inbound :lol: )
I still play ps4 almost daily with my 2 friends and will split my time for awhile yet.

My computer stats
Alienware Aurora R9
Intel i7 9700
16 gig memory
512 GB SSD 1 TB HDD
NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080 super 8 GB graphics
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Mwal

Re: I Joined the darkside (PC) a week ago (My thoughts)

Post by Mwal »

Best to make yourself a folder to keep your packs that need to be unzipped. Makes it easier if you have issues with something in the pack. Also when downloading from other places you can just send them to the mod folder. Think of it as no different than downloading from the modhub except that you have to manually select the mod folder vs. them being sent there without your input. If you have any questions I would be happy to help I have between 1000-1500 mods running pretty nicely right now and have ran into my fair share of problems. Also I would recommend these two Facebook pages if you are into N American or S American mods. This one is a news a release site that follows the community and updates regularly and if you check in every so often you won’t miss much.

https://m.facebook.com/American-style-m ... =bookmarks

Then this is just a catalog of most of the publicly released mods in the N American style

https://m.facebook.com/farmingsimmods/

Both find obscure mods and creators on top of the big name ones and both respect original links too.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Welcome to the world of PC gaming!

Just in case you haven't got them already, here's a few free things you might find useful!

1. Anti-malware -- like anti-Virus but more focused. I use Malwarebytes -- protects you when you are searching out obscure mods on obscure sites
2. Notepad++ -- for editing XML files and the like (an i3d file is also an XML file)
3. Paint.Net -- free paint app that handles DDS, the image format used in mods.
4. 7Zip -- useful if you have to handle RAR files that some people still use

And when you get into modding .... ALWAYS MAKE BACKUPS! In fact make two. Or three!! Just zip your working folder.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Thanks for the advice and helpful tips,im still figuring out what all the keyboard keys do and stuff like follow me,global company,gps mods.im using a 5 year old Xbox one controller that drifts to the right that will need to be replaced soon.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
PunkinFmr

Post by PunkinFmr »

livesea72 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:18 pm Thanks for the advice and helpful tips,im still figuring out what all the keyboard keys do and stuff like follow me,global company,gps mods.im using a 5 year old Xbox one controller that drifts to the right that will need to be replaced soon.
I just made the switch about a week ago as well. I found that the PS4 controller works using a USB cable.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

Thinking of making the switch myself, can I use my tv as a monitor (it has hdmi ports) or would I have to set up my pc with a monitor and then use the tv?
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Patrick73 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:48 pm Thinking of making the switch myself, can I use my tv as a monitor (it has hdmi ports) or would I have to set up my pc with a monitor and then use the tv?
As long as your PC has HDMI out (or something you can fiddle with dodgy adaptors) then you can use your TV as a monitor, which is pretty much what it is these days anyway. :)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

^^ thanx
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I use my tv as a monitor and play with my xbox controller. I even sit in the same place as I did when I played my xbox.... on the floor haha.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
humbe

Post by humbe »

And by the way, be sure to remember that the console players are very sensitive, so whenever you now feel like sharing anything about the game, consider whether it works the same on console, and if not clearly mark the content as not for them :lol:
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I use my ViewSonic PX800HD 1080p Ultra Short Throw for gaming, set to about 110 inches. I use the xbox controller, and funny enough, mine drifts slightly to the right. As said earlier, you your card doesn't have hdmi out, there are plenty of adapters to make it work.

I noticed a certain comment is no longer in this thread. Either the person felt guilty, afraid, or a moderator moderated.
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

humbe wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:41 pm And by the way, be sure to remember that the console players are very sensitive, so whenever you now feel like sharing anything about the game, consider whether it works the same on console, and if not clearly mark the content as not for them :lol:
Give it a rest!

There are a lot of console players at a crossroads in a few months time as weather to upgrade to next gen consoles or buy a pc. If I wanted I could buy a top gaming pc tomorrow but it’s a question of the pros and cons. A thread like this could and was so far helpful until you started stirring the sh&t
Last edited by Patrick73 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Patrick73 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:50 pm
humbe wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:41 pm And by the way, be sure to remember that the console players are very sensitive, so whenever you now feel like sharing anything about the game, consider whether it works the same on console, and if not clearly mark the content as not for them :lol:
Give it a rest
*thumbsup* humbe is calling livesea72 (OP) very sensitive. :lol:
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Farmboss, even if your kidding please stop stirring stuff. You have two post on this thread that could be lead to believe you are trying to start something.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Also

https://farmwrangler.com/modfoldermanager.html

this little program lets you load each map with only mods you use on that map. Very useful.