I Joined the darkside (PC) a week ago (My thoughts)

Illinois Farmer

Re: I Joined the darkside (PC) a week ago (My thoughts)

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Sorry for being daft, but is that just for keeping stuff organized?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

hun3 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:07 pm Also

https://farmwrangler.com/modfoldermanager.html

this little program lets you load each map with only mods you use on that map. Very useful.
If you use the same mod on multiple maps, does that mean you need multiple copies of the same mod, or does it just link to the original location?
I'm probably going to download and check it out, but thought I'd ask that first.
humbe

Post by humbe »

For the record, I'm just trying to be funny.. I understand perfectly well that console players have to play within stricter limits, so naturally they are most interested in what's happening within those limits. I'm personally trying to deduct whether I see if OP is console player or not, before suggesting anything I know is not available on console. Though my knowledge of what is or isn't available is lacking, and many doesn't state what they are playing on either, so it gets wrong regardless..
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

FarmBoss wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:55 pm
Patrick73 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:50 pm
humbe wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:41 pm And by the way, be sure to remember that the console players are very sensitive, so whenever you now feel like sharing anything about the game, consider whether it works the same on console, and if not clearly mark the content as not for them :lol:
Give it a rest
*thumbsup* humbe is calling livesea72 (OP) very sensitive. :lol:
i am :biggrin2:
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

im still a console player as i have been since the 80s just chose to try the PC thing again for the first time in 10 years
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:04 pm Farmboss, even if your kidding please stop stirring stuff. You have two post on this thread that could be lead to believe you are trying to start something.
Please don't start this stuff again.

I shared what equipment I use for my screen, and the controller I use. I also recognized that a potentially offensive post was removed (good for whoever removed it). Then, I went along with the (already in progress) light hearted joke about console players being sensitive.

There is nothing wrong with what I posted. If it offend you, then report me to the higher ups so they can decide what to do. Please feel free to pm me instead of hijacking threads.
Illinois Farmer

I'm just trying to help you as you have a way of getting people mad at you. Also can't pm you, you must not have it setup correctly.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Back on topic, that program requires you to have the file( s ) you want to use in a savegame, in the same folder.
If you're up for more advanced stuff, you can start linking mods, but I just copy them to the folders needed
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

how do i transfer equipment from one map to another?
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

livesea72 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:31 pm how do i transfer equipment from one map to another?
One way to do it is to edit vehicles.xml yo copy in the vehicles you want. There lurking gotcha is that vehicles.xml includes the vehicles' positions; so what is in the barn on one map might be up the sky, or buried underground, on another. What I have done is replace everything for the vehicle data in the target map with vehicle data from the source map EXCEPT for the position.

Another way is to use the Easy Development control mods, and the Fine speed controls mod,set the game time to 0, give yourself lots of money, buy and sell the equipment back to what you want, set the dirt level, the wear level and the hours elapsed and there you are.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

blue_painted wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:46 pm
livesea72 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:31 pm how do i transfer equipment from one map to another?
One way to do it is to edit vehicles.xml yo copy in the vehicles you want. There lurking gotcha is that vehicles.xml includes the vehicles' positions; so what is in the barn on one map might be up the sky, or buried underground, on another. What I have done is replace everything for the vehicle data in the target map with vehicle data from the source map EXCEPT for the position.

Another way is to use the Easy Development control mods, and the Fine speed controls mod,set the game time to 0, give yourself lots of money, buy and sell the equipment back to what you want, set the dirt level, the wear level and the hours elapsed and there you are.
0k, good idea on EDC.I use that to buy starting equipment and set up farm then remove a majority of the money and play normal.
humbe

Post by humbe »

hun3 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:07 pm Also

https://farmwrangler.com/modfoldermanager.html

this little program lets you load each map with only mods you use on that map. Very useful.
I tried this, but it doesn't seem much useful to me so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.. I fail to find some way to save the settings.. Everytime it starts it wants me to configure every directory again.. I don't seem to be able to trigger functionality to make it start the game either.. So basically, all it's doing is to rewrite an xml file with a mod path, but I need to specify many paths to configure it, and it doesn't even remember last directories used, so I have to browse them all from my root..

Considering to make my own start scripts that edit that setting and starts the game unless someone can give me a clue..
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Another tip not mentioned yet. When starting a new game on a new map, I'm not always satisfied with the starting cash or equipment. So I'll set everything exactly as I like, switching the equipment for stuff I prefer, and reducing cash to a minimum. Once I'm happy, I'll copy that save to a backup folder, In case I ever want to begin a new game at that point in the future.
Illinois Farmer

That is a good idea farmboss. I never think of saving a back up folder. Need to start doing that.
friendlinzh

Post by friendlinzh »

welcome to the pc gaming world. i love pc more than console