Interesting Information

faruk9154

Interesting Information

Post by faruk9154 »

:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
FarmBoss

Re: Interesting Information

Post by FarmBoss »

As cool as it would be, don't hold your breath. They are two different kinds of developers. Not to mention the software from one of them barely runs on current consoles. Consoles are a big part of their cash now.
It would take a lot of effort and talent to catch up to the other farming game that has been doing this from the start. I don't think Giants wants to go that long without a cash infusion.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Snowrunner physics are too extreme in my opinion for FS, but if they were toned down it would be pretty cool.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Guil

Post by Guil »

Don't put the cart before the horse. Realistic mud is really taxing on any top end system to replicate. Add to that everything else that is happening on the map and the game will slow to a crawl.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

I’ve always been an advocate of mud-runner’ish terrain for FS and I think it could be a very welcome addition, but not like it is in snow runner. That is WAY too extreme. Maybe 1/10th could work, but the novelty of getting stuck every 2 minutes wears off real quickly. So it would have to be subtle enough to not hinder your day to day work, and only be a serious issue if in ditches or after heavy rain etc. so in my opinion it would be even harder to do (and balance) correctly.
But by all means, I would more than welcome the added realism