John Deere 8RX

Thedebe48

John Deere 8RX

Post by Thedebe48 »

First of all, big thanks to the modder for their incredible work on the John Deere 2020 8R series of tractors. I love that we are able to have these on console.

Last night I bought an 8RX 410 for my Welker Map and I found the handling of it to be a bit strange. Curious if anyone else has tried it yet or experienced this? I used it for about an hour on the 60' Great Plains planter. I found that as I watched my compass in the bottom left of the screen, I was always having to adjust the heading as it drifted constantly. I know there is plenty of horsepower there for pulling that particular planter, I just can't figure out though why it doesn't maintain a heading when it is pulling something. I traded the 8RX 410 in for a 8RT 410 shortly after and that tractor had no issues keeping a straight line with the same planter.
redglasses

Re: John Deere 8RX

Post by redglasses »

I run row crop magnums with that planter and the smaller modded version and those planters seem to bully the magnums too. I plan to trade both my magnums for one 8rt and one 8rx soon. I would say test the 8rx on something else and see how it handles that.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

Had the same issues on the 8RX when I tried to pull the Brent Avalanche grain cart along the combine with maybe 20,000 L of beans in it. 8RT 370 pulls that cart straight as an arrow when it's full to the brim.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Haven’t used them but does one or the other have front weights? I know I have messed around with them to see what they do and I was a pretty big difference in speed when pulling an oversized implement
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

It's lifting the rear wheels up...that's why it's handling is bad. Not sure if it's the tractor mod issue or the great plains issue
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

If that’s the case you could give the drawbar hitch a try to get a little more height
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:15 pm It's lifting the rear wheels up...that's why it's handling is bad. Not sure if it's the tractor mod issue or the great plains issue
Interesting! I had a full set of weights on the front end. I wonder if taking them off will solve it. It's definitely the tractor and not the planter. I tried it on a grain cart too and had the same issue.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Yea I haven't tested it with other things yet but I read somewhere else they were having issues also and it was the rest wheels apparently. I do notice it lifts up when planting
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
RunsLikeADeere

Post by RunsLikeADeere »

had the same issue when I used a 8RX 370 on my Bredal fertilizer spreaders. Constantly pulling to the left...
FS17
FS19
FS22
all on PS4

Nothing runs like a Deere!
garyst

Post by garyst »

I was playing around on my test map last night trying the same tractor and planter because I knew the great plains would push around my magnum rowtrac. I wanted to see if it would do the same. I found the best way to set the 8rx for the planter is to not use front weights and hitch it directly to the drawbar. It will still slide around but not as bad as with weights and hitching to the 3pt. The wheeled 8r doesn't slide around much with it and does alot better. Can't wait until a better American planter gets released so I don't have to use these darn overly heavy great plains anymore.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

All you people rushing to buy the new John Deere are gonna have problems. That's why you gotta run red. You know the saying, "if it ain't red, keep it in the shed."
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Thedebe48

Post by Thedebe48 »

garyst wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:59 pm Can't wait until a better American planter gets released so I don't have to use these darn overly heavy great plains anymore.
You and me both! Can't wait for the Early Riser planter CM is working on, or the DB60 JHHG is going to try and bring to console. The day we get a JD or a Case corn planter, and a JD or a Case sprayer and fertilizer spreader, I will consider the game to be complete.
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:14 pm All you people rushing to buy the new John Deere are gonna have problems. That's why you gotta run red. You know the saying, "if it ain't red, keep it in the shed."
I run green tractors and red equipment. Brands vary...
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:14 pm All you people rushing to buy the new John Deere are gonna have problems. That's why you gotta run red. You know the saying, "if it ain't red, keep it in the shed."
One of these days I need to hand carve you a stirring stick with an ergonomic handle for as much time as you spend rotating the contents of the pot. :lol:
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

It's a ballast issue for sure....pulling my kinze 1051 bin makes the rx wobble
FS 22 and loving it.