Tire or track rotation speed.

svkb

Tire or track rotation speed.

Post by svkb »

I've noticed on a few different mods that the wheel or track rotation speed doesn't match up to the ground speed. If the tire was rotating faster than the ground moving past I'd say it was wheel spin. However, in these cases the tire speed is too slow making it look like the tractor is skidding along the ground.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Is it a change to the xml?

For an example look at the new 8rx that is on modhub. The tracks don't seem to rotate fast enough to match the ground speed.

Thanks.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
Alagos

Re: Tire or track rotation speed.

Post by Alagos »

Wheel spin can also make it look like wheels/tracks turn slower than they actually do. :hmm:
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
svkb

Post by svkb »

True but it does this on flat ground ( ie in a paved road surface) with no implement connected so it's not wheel spin.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

svkb

Post by svkb »

Ritchie wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:45 pm This?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagon-wheel_effect
No it's definitely NOT that. I know what that is. This is noticeable at 1 mph so the tracks are not turning fast enough to cause that effect.

As soon as I start moving I can see it.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
humbe

Post by humbe »

I've seen wheels in real life appearing to go the wrong way around. But in game the wheels are all perfectly round and equal so they can look like they're standing still while in real life you'd see it's not. I think this effect makes the tires look fake because they are too perfectly rendered..
svkb

Post by svkb »

humbe wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:55 pm I've seen wheels in real life appearing to go the wrong way around. But in game the wheels are all perfectly round and equal so they can look like they're standing still while in real life you'd see it's not. I think this effect makes the tires look fake because they are too perfectly rendered..
This is not that effect, I know what you're talking about but in this case the tracks on the 8rx turn too slow. Try it... get the tracks dirty so you can watch a specific spot on the tracks. Then go to a flat spot and set the cruise really slow like 1-3 mph. You'll see that the spot you watch on the track slides over the ground as the ground goes by.
Ryzen 5 3600
MSI X570 Gaming Plus
16 GB Ram DDR4 3000
RTX 2070 Super
winches2

Post by winches2 »

I've seen this effect happening where it looks like the track is slipping forward on the ground at slow speeds. What I did to fix it was to look through the mod for the crawler tag in the xml file. You may find it's in a different place to the main xml for the mod. In there you will find scrollerNode. I changed the scrollSpeed from -0.1 to -0.13 in this instance and the track now stay's in perfect time with the ground. You may have to fiddle with the number to get it perfect

Code: Select all

<crawler>
    <scrollerNodes>
        <scrollerNode node="0" scrollSpeed="-0.13" scrollLength="1.26" shaderParameterName="scrollPosition" shaderParameterComponent="1"/>
    </scrollerNodes>        
</crawler>