Equipment years of production?

CaptGoodvibes

Equipment years of production?

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Wouldn't it be cool if the shop description included the years something was manufactured? It would really enhance the game for me.

I wonder if this has been mentioned and how often...

*thumbsup*
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
Old McGlenno

Re: Equipment years of production?

Post by Old McGlenno »

Some of the mods have it in their descriptions. Also, you can look it up if you want, and I do sometimes do that if I am interested enough. But yeah, it would be cool if that was in the shop description. That is one area where I think Giants has a lot of room for improvement.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Would be cool to have production dates for everything. I want to run a historic scenario at some given year and get new gear available as the years advance (using seasons).
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

humbe wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:39 am Would be cool to have production dates for everything. I want to run a historic scenario at some given year and get new gear available as the years advance (using seasons).
Exactly!
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Tractordata dot com is my go to source.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:34 am Tractordata dot com is my go to source.
As a farmer i use it a lot seeing what would fit the roll of tractors on the farm
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I think this would be really cool to see. I know Giants basegame models are mostly new stuff, but the implementation for all the mods incoming could prove very cool
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Cmtaylor wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:12 am
CowsGoMoo wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:34 am Tractordata dot com is my go to source.
As a farmer i use it a lot seeing what would fit the roll of tractors on the farm
I use too to make sure the mods I use don't have bogus horsepower.
Cmtaylor

Post by Cmtaylor »

I understand that
humbe

Post by humbe »

As said, most of the base game stuff is newish, so if you want to start before 2000, you need to grab the gear from mods. To for instance make a game valid for say 1985, you probably need mods for all the equipment you are using, and figuring out what mods exist for each equipment type with production year in the eighties is a pretty big undertaking.

Finding info on tractors isn't that hard, but finding info on equipment mods, like cultivators, weeders, seeders and the like is much worse. Especially as a lot of them don't have the original brand name on them, or maybe even a Russian or similar brand where it's hard to find info in English. Or maybe just have Lizard brand due to possible copyright.
dragginmaster

Post by dragginmaster »

woulld be cool if there was a section of the store for new equipment and a used equipment section
Ado239

Post by Ado239 »

Same. Great site *thumbsup*
PS4 player. Case is ace but fear the Deere! *thumbsup*