Help me choose a map - Oxygendavid content

If you were going to retire as an oldtimer and farm, which Oxygendavid farm would you choose?

Swiss Future Farm
1%
Lone Oak Farm 19
23%
Marwell Manor Farm
16%
Shamrock Valley 19
15%
Oakfield Farm 19
14%
Sandy Bay 19
30%

Total votes: 73

CaptGoodvibes

Help me choose a map - Oxygendavid content

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

I have played and deleted all these maps. But the constant chatter tells me I'm missing something.

You can choose two.

Go!
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
Old McGlenno

Re: Help me choose a map - Oxygendavid content

Post by Old McGlenno »

I don't enjoy the cramped UK maps for sim farming, but I'd love to work a farm like Oakfield in real life. Of course, Lone Oak would be great for real life or sim.
Farming_Steezus

Post by Farming_Steezus »

I voted lone oak and sandy bay. Only thing is sandy bay has apparently got some issues which will need a new save upon fixing so I haven’t properly started it yet.
Xbox one user
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I would vote Sandy Bay and Lone Oak, as those two have always been favorites from 17 and beyond, but as I have only played those and a little bit of Shamrock Valley I don't feel like I can make a just vote lol
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Oakfield or Shamrock seem like nice fits for farming retirement lifestyle
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Farming_Steezus wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:55 am I voted lone oak and sandy bay. Only thing is sandy bay has apparently got some issues which will need a new save upon fixing so I haven’t properly started it yet.
What!? :frown: here comes that headache again
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Swiss Future Farm is not finished map, just half-baked, first version released a year ago, not sure why oxy don't want to finish it.

But i picked Marwell Manor Farm for best countryside feeling and Sandy Bay 19 for best mod, Sandy Bay 19 has most advanced
version of the map so far, lot of extra mod support and additional features.
Tippwarrior

Post by Tippwarrior »

Swiss Future Farm was done as part of the mod contest. I don't think he ever intended on finishing it unless he won it.

I chose Sandy Bay as imo it's the best may to date done by oxy especially for us console peasants. I havent found a single issue with it yet.
I choose Shamrock Valley as my retirement home, biased as I may be it truely is a great map for smaller equipment. I've spent in excess of 50hours on it the most I've spent on any fs19 map.
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Tippwarrior wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:44 am Swiss Future Farm was done as part of the mod contest. I don't think he ever intended on finishing it unless he won it.
He won it, said will finish it by the end of the last year, but after this did not get any news and no map also.
I think he never thought he will win, map needed too much work to finish, so he just dumped it *thumbsdown*
dimi

Post by dimi »

i've only chosen Sandy Bay since for me it really stands out from the rest of them. especially now with the manure system and the MaizePlus mods compatibility.

lone oak is a brilliant map and my favorite map in fs17 but i don't get the same feel for it in fs19, that's why i didn't vote for it.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Marwell.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

Lone oak19 and sandy bay19
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

I recall, I deleted Lone Oak because I wanted to move my sleep trigger but couldn't.
I deleted Sandy Bay because the view doesn't change that much.
Either Oakfield or Marwell had too much placable junk littered about... maybe that's true for both.
Shamrock seemed too steep.

But I'm new and I'm learning that attitudes can change.

None of these reasons are good enough to ignore the constant chatter I mentioned above.

I'm keeping The Old Stream Farm indefinitely and can only install one other (large) map in addition before I run out of space.

Thanks for the help. I'll give it another day or so before I declare where I will go to virtually farm out the remainder of my made up scenario's life found in this planned blog: viewtopic.php?f=988&t=169040
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

IceUul wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:49 am
Tippwarrior wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:44 am Swiss Future Farm was done as part of the mod contest. I don't think he ever intended on finishing it unless he won it.
He won it, said will finish it by the end of the last year, but after this did not get any news and no map also.
I think he never thought he will win, map needed too much work to finish, so he just dumped it *thumbsdown*
The state of the matter is Oxygendavid was told by GIANTS that Swiss Future Farm would get in contact with them about what they wanted changed and improved on the Swiss Future Farm map after the contest.

Oxygendavid has regularly asked for updates as to what is happening and gets no info back from GIANTS.
They haven't even paid him the full amount of prize money he won for winning that contest.

It seems GIANTS and Swiss Future Farm are not interested in the project, and if they never let Oxygendavid complete it, they don't have to pay him the full prize money.

Each time he's asked, he gets "we will look into it and get back to you". This has gone on since the end of the contest.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
eric21

Post by eric21 »

The thing is with future/concept farms some of its secret and not allowed to tell anyone so that's maybe why