Contracts and using your own tools

Redemntion

Contracts and using your own tools

Post by Redemntion »

Hello,

I recently started playing FS19. I took my first contract (spray a field with herbicide). I used a helper to perform the task. However, I noticed that the level of herbicide in my sprayer never went down from 100% and I was being charged money faster than normal. Is this how it's supposed to work?

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
Goose66

Re: Contracts and using your own tools

Post by Goose66 »

You need to go into the options and change the worker from buy to off on all the products eg manure, fertiliser herbicide and so on.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Helpers pay a lot more for consumables than you do. Turn off "buy" under all the helper dropdowns so you won't be charged so much. They will still do the work and when they run out, you can go refill if needed.
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
Wonka

Post by Wonka »

Hi there!, and welcome to the game where you’ll spend HUNDREDS of peaceful and fun hours!
BTW, this forum is awesome!, so ask away.
As a recommendation, never use leased equipment for contracts, you’ll have to pay for the time you use them on any task.
The workers are great most of the time, but you have to pay for them, and if you have the “workers buy fertilizers, manure, etc.” option on, that fee will increase.
Thing is, you’ll still make a profit by using workers and letting them buy fertilizers and seeds automatically. Just don’t use leased equipment for contracts.
Another tip is to beware of equipment that, in example, sow and fertilize at the same time, because if you use them with auto buy options on, and the contract is for sowing only, you’ll be throwing the fertilizer for free.
Well, hope that helps!
Good farming!
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Don't listen to bad advice. Go ahead and use the leased equipment available for a contract but do watch the prices. 500 for leasing on a contract paying 7000+ isn't that noticeable but a 400 dollar lease on a 1500 payout is.

You can only use the equipment leased thru a contract on that contract tho, so don't think you can take one baling contract and use the lease from that to do the other 5 on the list. PC does have a mod letting you have multiple contracts open at the same time I don't know how lease equip works with that.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
humbe

Post by humbe »

Your issue isnt really contract related. If you use a helper to do something requiring a resource and you have that resource set to helper buy in the options, the helper will buy the resource as he uses it and teleport it into the equipment as needed so the content in your equipment stays the same. He pays around 20% extra for this than the standard store price I think..