Courseplay and Offset Horizontal

rjlive

Courseplay and Offset Horizontal

Post by rjlive »

I've noticed on a couple of implements that are centred (Bredal K and Rau Polymag 300), that Courseplay wrongly sets the tool offset horizontal. Is there anyway of forcing this to 0 by default without having to do it each time? I've tried setting offsetX and offsetY to 0 in the course storage xml, but this doesn't seem to make a difference. Where does Courseplay get this information from?
mpochylko1

Re: Courseplay and Offset Horizontal

Post by mpochylko1 »

Have you used the tractor or implements with the multi tool setting? (Running two of the same in the same field). If so that could be the issue. If not, best to post on github to see if the folks there have a solution. You should read through to see if other have the same issue before posting, helps the team keep track of everything.

I've had this issue before too, I just use the mouse wheel to reset the value.
humbe

Post by humbe »

I'm not using newest version so it might have changed but Ive had similar issues where it sets it wrong and when I correct it it keeps resetting it back.. So instead of altering it I've rather used other setting to drive to the side of the path created to counter it..
wombles

Post by wombles »

Yep annoying as **** i have found that if your implement is sitting on the edge of the field this occurs more often. Better too make sure your tool is in the field, before setting up a course. I suppose reading the latter you could apply this to other things also :lol:. Back on topic it's still best to check that your offset is right before proceeding, after all you want that tool on target.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah it's a bit of a long standing thing with Courseplay, that Vehicles seem to remember offsets from other implements they have had attached previously and then recall that offset when using a completely new tool that doesn't need one.
Another thing you might run into is if you ever use Multiple Vehicles to do a course, such as for example two tractors to cultivate. When using multiple vehicles one will be designated left lane, one will be designated right lane, which is fine. However at the end of that field, when you clear the course, each tractor will then be offset horizontally left or right by the width of the implement you were using. So for example if you had a 6m Cultivator, then when you go to do your next job with the tractors and generate a course, one will travel 6m left of the generated course line and one will travel 6m right of the course line. So you need to check that and reset that on the vehicle before restarting.
Kind makes me wish Courseplay had a one click reset offsets button like Guidance Steering for when it incorrectly thinks a vehicle or tool has an offset.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*