Stone Valley questions

Tylercheesey1986

Re: Stone Valley questions

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

I have also noticed non seasons skies look way better than with seasons. With seasons the horizons are always void of cloud, it can be pouring rain with dark cloud overhead but horizons are always clear.
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Honkyfarmer wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:28 am Started a seasons play but watching lets play from mrsealyp and he is not using seasons, noticed the lighting and sky stuck out on his video. Does seasons change the lighting and sky textures that drastically? His video looked so much more picturesque
Sealy plays on a ps4 Pro I think that makes a difference. I haven't seen his episode 1.5 yet. I did notice when I started SV it was pretty dull and dark until 9 am, not what you would see irl. I don't know if I maybe skipped over an early morning storm when sleeping or what maybe.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:39 am I believe he used OxygenDavid's new lighting, but Seasons supersedes any lighting provided with the map
The lightning is so much better.
I really dislike the lightning GIANTS uses in FS19
Ignorance is bliss
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

iwan073 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:18 pm About field 8... I am able to harvest the crop with the Case combine.
Not sure what’s wrong with the John Deere
Oké, weird story...

I deleted the saved game cause I wasn’t happy with what I’ve done. So I started over.

Sold my two John Deere combines and bought the Case IH one.

As it was field 8’s turn to be harvested, I put a worker to work and.... what?!
Now it’s the Case that can’t harvest half the field?! What’s going on with that field???

I decided to reset both the combine and the header to see if that would fix the problem.
And it did.

After the reset, the Case combine was able to harvest the rest of the field!

Weird or what?!
Ignorance is bliss
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

Iwan, that's wierd But at least it seems a reset of the machine fixes said thanks for sharing so if I have any issues. Yeah I turn seasons off. I just can't deal with the blandness 3/4 of the year the. Tyler yes I always hated that as well when it's raining how the horizon is Sunny. Summer seems to be the only season that I like. Cowsgomoo, I'm sure that PS4 pro makes things look crisper but I think my play through on standard PS for the colors and lighting looked just as good
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Will have to keep an eye on field 18. I have an original game I started turning into a Case farm buy am setting up another with mostly starting equipment (want to play around with some JD stuff) so I will see if troubles are repeatable.

As for the sunny skies have seen that in real life plenty of times. Driving through a very localised rain shower, like going through a car wash but a couple miles up the road is bone dry and sun bright and warm.
Let's get some cows!
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:01 pm
As for the sunny skies have seen that in real life plenty of times. Driving through a very localised rain shower, like going through a car wash but a couple miles up the road is bone dry and sun bright and warm.
I have too....just not everytime it rains lol
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Honkyfarmer wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:03 am
CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:01 pm
I have too....just not everytime it rains lol
Very true. I misses the 'every' part. But I also don't play seasons so I see very little weather in game.
Let's get some cows!
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Is there something off about the scale of the fields or is it just me?
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

You mean the fact that it was a 4x map shrunk down to 2x
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Beanbrother wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:13 am You mean the fact that it was a 4x map shrunk down to 2x
No, I’m new and on console so still learning a lot. I just mean, it seems like a field on the Lone Oak map that might be about 20 acres and on Stone Valley, the field just across the street is over 60 acres yet looks like a similar size.
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
dbump

Post by dbump »

I just started playing this map over the last weekend, and I'm seeing two issues:
There is no repair trigger in the garage with the lift and tools in the NW corner of the main farm. It's shown in a couple of map tours that were recently posted on YouTube. Am I missing something?

Many of the fields show "Need plowing" even when they are at various states of growth or ready to harvest--and this is with periodic plowing set to off. I didn't even notice this until I'd halfway cultivated a field that shows "needs plowing" and I've subsequently sowed it. Normally you wouldn't be able to do anything with a field that really needed plowing until it was plowed.

And not an issue per se, but everyone in this thread is talking about Rye in field 8. Mine started out planted with carrots. I downloaded from the official modhub, and just re-downloaded, and started a new savegame with no mods enabled, same thing (both above issues also present). I'm very puzzled.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

dbump wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:06 am And not an issue per se, but everyone in this thread is talking about Rye in field 8. Mine started out planted with carrots. I downloaded from the official modhub, and just re-downloaded, and started a new savegame with no mods enabled, same thing (both above issues also present). I'm very puzzled.
Rye is on the console version. Carrots and onions are on the PC version.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
dbump

Post by dbump »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:16 am Rye is on the console version. Carrots and onions are on the PC version.
Ahh, that makes sense! Makes me wonder if the PC version really doesn't have a repair trigger in the garage, but the console one does?

It's also odd that you start out with a field of carrots, but no equipment to top, harvest or even carry carrots--neither the auger wagon or the semi trailer accept carrots, so you have to buy three different pieces to harvest that field.
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

I'm missing the other part of the map I've only got 1X.
It would be better if we could do more with the alfalfa like we can in R.D.C map. Silage,Hay,Seed,and TMR.
Also noticing that some of the NPC fields aren't getting seeded. Running on base game been 4 days in and they are just sitting on cultivated.
PS4
PS5