Stone Valley questions

Chrispearce

Re: Stone Valley questions

Post by Chrispearce »

Hi All, sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, I started a new game as Farm Manager and I notice that the sheep pen/farm icon does not show up on the PDA, if I try a new game on New Farmer it does show up, anyone else had this problem?
13th Gen Intel 13900K Processor | NVIDIA RTX 4070 Graphics | 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz Memory | 2TB NVME M.2 SSD | 3TB SATA HDD
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

dbump wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:06 am I just started playing this map over the last weekend, and I'm seeing two issues:
There is no repair trigger in the garage with the lift and tools in the NW corner of the main farm. It's shown in a couple of map tours that were recently posted on YouTube. Am I missing something?

Many of the fields show "Need plowing" even when they are at various states of growth or ready to harvest--and this is with periodic plowing set to off. I didn't even notice this until I'd halfway cultivated a field that shows "needs plowing" and I've subsequently sowed it. Normally you wouldn't be able to do anything with a field that really needed plowing until it was plowed.

And not an issue per se, but everyone in this thread is talking about Rye in field 8. Mine started out planted with carrots. I downloaded from the official modhub, and just re-downloaded, and started a new savegame with no mods enabled, same thing (both above issues also present). I'm very puzzled.
When you start a new game on a map, some fields need to be plowed and some don't. Planting doesn't take that plowing state away. Also turning off periodic plowing doesn't remove the plowing state from the pda. If you plow it once, you don't have to plow it again, or just click it on the pda to not show it needing to be plowed.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

CMDRTAKEDOWN wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:41 am I'm missing the other part of the map I've only got 1X.
It would be better if we could do more with the alfalfa like we can in R.D.C map. Silage,Hay,Seed,and TMR.
Also noticing that some of the NPC fields aren't getting seeded. Running on base game been 4 days in and they are just sitting on cultivated.
Its only a 1x map. The 2x means second version. 4 or 5 fields stay the same year round.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
dbump

Post by dbump »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:39 pm
When you start a new game on a map, some fields need to be plowed and some don't. Planting doesn't take that plowing state away. Also turning off periodic plowing doesn't remove the plowing state from the pda. If you plow it once, you don't have to plow it again, or just click it on the pda to not show it needing to be plowed.
Thank you--great idea on toggling that off in the map display!

Are you playing this map on PC, and do you see a repair trigger in the home garage?
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Thinking that they may have carrots or onions in them since we don't have them on console they are just stuck not doing anything.
Going to buy them up and plant something in them and then resell then wait and see what happens.
PS4
PS5
Illinois Farmer

dbump wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:29 pm Thank you--great idea on toggling that off in the map display!

Are you playing this map on PC, and do you see a repair trigger in the home garage?
No, I was playing a bit of the 4x one, but on midwest horizons at the moment. I can load it up tonight to check for you though.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Crosscheck

Post by Crosscheck »

To answer a question above, there is no repair trigger on PC. I use the FST repair/fuel trailer in conjunction with the placeable tool box. The entrance to that shed is pretty tight for bigger equipment, anyway, so I don’t think it would be terribly valuable as a repair shop.

Question for y’all — I started in on Stone Valley because I wanted a change from tight English maps. While I’m enjoying it, I’ve been thinking a US style map really needs to be 4x* in order to get the feel right. How does the Stone Valley 4x stack up to the new version?

*I live in Montana, so “too big” is “right around the corner” for me...

I’ve played around with County Line, and liked it, but I missed the nicer textures of newer maps. Even toyed with Western Australia a bit, but that might finally nit that “too big” thing for a single-player guy.

Thanks...
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Goose66 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:41 pm
CMDRTAKEDOWN wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:41 am I'm missing the other part of the map I've only got 1X.
It would be better if we could do more with the alfalfa like we can in R.D.C map. Silage,Hay,Seed,and TMR.
Also noticing that some of the NPC fields aren't getting seeded. Running on base game been 4 days in and they are just sitting on cultivated.
Its only a 1x map. The 2x means second version. 4 or 5 fields stay the same year round.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but the 2x does NOT stand for second version.
2x stands for the dimensions of the map 2 by 2 kilometers. Cause console can’t handle bigger maps.
On PC they have Stone Valley as a 4x map, which I guess stands for 4 by 4 kilometers
Ignorance is bliss
Illinois Farmer

It is just normal size map because that's as big as console can get.

Crosscheck,
The 4x version, I believe doesn't have custom textures and maize plus doesn't work on it. Also the last I knew the bga didn't work, but it could have gotten fixed.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

iwan073 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:23 pm
Goose66 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:41 pm
Correct me if I’m wrong, but the 2x does NOT stand for second version.
2x stands for the dimensions of the map 2 by 2 kilometers. Cause console can’t handle bigger maps.
On PC they have Stone Valley as a 4x map, which I guess stands for 4 by 4 kilometers
It is NOT a 2x2. Its a standard size map. As previous poster said, the 4x doesn't have the custom textures etc. Modhub version does
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

2km x 2km == standard :hi:
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Goose66 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:51 pm
Alagos wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:51 pm 2km x 2km == standard :hi:
Well, there you have it.
Ignorance is bliss
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Lancy was nice enough to start you off with a subsoiler although the Magnum is a little light on power for it. But as mentioned just go over fields once and all is fixed in pda. Unfortunately just clicking off in pda map does not stay and next time you play again the red will be showing.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
dbump

Post by dbump »

Great info, all! Re: the repair point, I agree the location inside the garage would be limiting, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't having some kind of map/mod conflict. I had already places that same toolbox (and the portable Karcher pressure washer) just outside the door, where it's much more useful.

Also good point that the map filter will reset each time the game is loaded. I'm pondering enabling the Easy Development Controls mod in this save just to reset the plow state on all the fields, and the AI for the other farmers can do what it wants from there, but it's an alarming amount of red right now. Really need to buff up on CoursePlay for this map--the standard AI just does not deal well with those fields, and even AIVE is pretty twitchy.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Sheep take straw now?!
Ignorance is bliss