Stone Valley questions

Beanbrother

Stone Valley questions

Post by Beanbrother »

Oh wow the hype was worth it. One thing I’ve noticed is when you are looking at the map I don’t have soil composition. It doesn’t tell me if something needs lime, plowing for fert, I’ve got nothing.

PS4
vondeylenfarms

Re: Stone Valley questions

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I've read that saving and restarting fixes this issue. I can't confirm as I haven't tried it.
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I believe it's an issue which can occur on console multi fruit maps, as already mentioned a restart should re sync it.
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Correct, if you play any map that has 2 or more extra crops it adds an extra crop type screen in the map menu, if you load another save it messes up the menu. So after playing a multifruit map you must always restart the game
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Anyone have a way to contact Lanci other than his Facebook page that he's getting flooded with? I'm very curious if the other crop textures like in Welker can be or will be added. I know he has permission and I thought I saw a video with them in it already, maybe I'm wrong
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Oké, why isn’t the combine cutting the Rye on field 8?!

On some parts it’s just driving over the Rye without harvesting it... 🤨
Ignorance is bliss
Alagos

Post by Alagos »

Bad field definitions?
Might also be that the combine detects a collision and needs the space to turn?
I assume people don't use Seasons, unless they say otherwise.

How to upload your >> log<<
How to upload >>images << to the forum
How to get your gamekey's activation limit >>reset<<
How to report a >> bug <<

>>Rules<<
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

It won’t harvest half the field 😣

I’ll plow it and see how it goes next harvest
Ignorance is bliss
REN56

Post by REN56 »

Beanbrother wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:02 am One thing I’ve noticed is when you are looking at the map I don’t have soil composition. It doesn’t tell me if something needs lime, plowing for fert, I’ve got nothing. PS4
I encountered this exact same issue with the Stone Valley map on the PS4.
As others have already said, I can confirm that closing the game, then restarting the game, reloading the saved game file... works... or at least it did for me - to correctly show both the “Growth” and “Soil composition” info.

:?: Question: :?:
This is not at all meant as a complaint nor a criticism of the PS4 console version of the Stone Valley 2x map or of the map creator (I think it’s a fantastic map overall from what I’ve seen of it so far!)... but... regarding the very nice farm buildings (vehicle shelters)... they have what I’ll call double-wide doors on the buildings/shelters... click open... but only 1 side opens... the opening is not wide/large enough to allow the farm machinery that’s inside to drive out (the harvesters, for example) nor to be able to get a tractor (for example) inside to hook up to the farm machinery (“implements”? - I’m still a ‘noob’, sorry) to be connected/attached to be able to drive out. (I tried on every building/shelter, same results, only getting “open door” once, and not again on the other door that didn’t move/open). Is there something I’m missing about these doors on these buildings/shelters? I realize a work-around to this is to “reset” the vehicles & machinery equipment that start out placed inside the buildings/shelters, yes, that works to get them out at the very start, but then what, the buildings/shelters are basically useless otherwise - and they can’t be sold/removed to be replaced (I love the existing ones, *IF* both doors would open to provide the necessary width that would make these buildings/shelters useful as intended). Am I just missing something about the doors perhaps??? Thanks in advance for any/all help on this. This is about the PS4 console map version btw to be clear.
* EDIT - ANSWERED & RESOLVED (Yay! Thank you very much!)

Happy farming everyone! :)
- Robert -
Last edited by REN56 on Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is too short... smile & be happy!
PS5 & PS4 Pro > FS22 & FS19 & FS17
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Open one door, move away from the door trigger then walk up to the second door and you'll get the trigger pop up again. It's the same on most double doors sheds.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

If you go to the second door, and then face towards the middle, you should get an trigger to open the second door as well.

I wanted to adjust my combine. Couldn’t get it into the workshop! Door is too low
Ignorance is bliss
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Ritchie wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:55 am Open one door, move away from the door trigger then walk up to the second door and you'll get the trigger pop up again. It's the same on most double doors sheds.
Ah, is moving away the solution?

I thought moving to the other door and facing the middle. Guess I moved away from the trigger at the same time, and that’s what actually made the second trigger appear then 🤪
Ignorance is bliss
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Yeah, whenever a door trigger isn't working I find if you back away from the door/trigger and walk back up to it it will work. I guess because the triggers are so close together it has trouble detecting the second one.
REN56

Post by REN56 »

@ Ritchie
@ iwan073

Thank you both very much for the quick replies and for the helpful info, I appreciate it very much —- I just tried it - yep, it works, I can now get *both* doors to open/close correctly now - yay! *thumbsup*
Being such a ‘noob’ is not fun! LOL (I’m pointing at myself here) :confusednew:
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
REN56

Post by REN56 »

iwan073 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:56 am I wanted to adjust my combine. Couldn’t get it into the workshop! Door is too low
I was wondering about this very thing. Glad you tried it and glad you mentioned it here.

*sigh* Oh welllll, I guess that means (perhaps) maybe using the portable “toolbox” mod (or the other one that looks like a jack & small toolbox, also a mod), to make changes & repairs there at the main farm ‘base’ location... I guess that’s what I’ll do unless I hear of a better idea.
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19