Stone Valley questions

garyst

Re: Stone Valley questions

Post by garyst »

I am having problems with seasons on this map. I am using the simplified USA geo set on six day seasons and every time I fast forward to the next day the number of day at the top of the screen stays the same but the day changes to the next in the seasons menu. If I save it and come back the number at the top of the screen will correct itself though. Another thing when I was fast forwarding through the winter on day six the clock and game would always freeze at 3:51 and I would have to quit and try again. Finally after it froze three more times at that exact time I switched it to three day seasons and it finally went pass that time and I got it to spring. I did switch it back to six day seasons again when I got to spring. Hopefully it won't do this again. I am not sure if it is a problem with seasons, the geo, or the map.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Could also be some mod conflict too
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
garyst

Post by garyst »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:06 pm Could also be some mod conflict too
Dang then I wouldn't know what could be causing it because every single thing I am using on my farm is a mod.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Just spit balling the idea. Seems weird it corrects itself when you load the game back up.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
dbump

Post by dbump »

I'm puzzled that Field Grass/incarase_grass is one of the added fruits you can plant, but none of the sell points buy it.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

I gave up and deleted the map. Nothing to do with any issues it's just too big of a map for me to play solo and it was taking away a lot time from playing Sandy Bay which I enjoyed more and already had 20 hours on.
Good looking map tho amd if I was part of a mp group I would highly recommend Stone Valley.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

garyst wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:11 pm I am having problems with seasons on this map. I am using the simplified USA geo set on six day seasons and every time I fast forward to the next day the number of day at the top of the screen stays the same but the day changes to the next in the seasons menu. If I save it and come back the number at the top of the screen will correct itself though. Another thing when I was fast forwarding through the winter on day six the clock and game would always freeze at 3:51 and I would have to quit and try again. Finally after it froze three more times at that exact time I switched it to three day seasons and it finally went pass that time and I got it to spring. I did switch it back to six day seasons again when I got to spring. Hopefully it won't do this again. I am not sure if it is a problem with seasons, the geo, or the map.
I've had this on two maps so far... after downloading but prior to PS4 restart.

Good luck!
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Wondering if the question is come up with regards to the main yard and the bin set up? Its impossible to run super bees and thinking/hoping they make it fixed with the ability to drive through. I know the map is set up with a real life yards but I can’t imagine why any farmer would have it set up like that
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:26 am I gave up and deleted the map. Nothing to do with any issues it's just too big of a map for me to play solo and it was taking away a lot time from playing Sandy Bay which I enjoyed more and already had 20 hours on.
Good looking map tho amd if I was part of a mp group I would highly recommend Stone Valley.
Are you talking about the 2x version or 4 x
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

FSarndrone wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:48 pm
CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:26 am I gave up and deleted the map. Nothing to do with any issues it's just too big of a map for me to play solo and it was taking away a lot time from playing Sandy Bay which I enjoyed more and already had 20 hours on.
Are you talking about the 2x version or 4 x
2x I play console. If I heard DjGoHam right the tool height mod for harvesters on console allows fast farming, which if it does I may download map again. With such wide seeders and cultivators available that part doesn't bother me working large fields but harvesting only 40 feet at a time 6mph is sloooow. One major reason why I never got into large maps.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Trekkerkearl

Post by Trekkerkearl »

every time I fast forward to the next day the number of days at the top of the screen stays the same but the day changes to the next in the seasons menu.
I have had this problem on several maps including Stone Valley 2x on Xbox One X.
Restarting the Xbox after installing the ModMap has so far always fixed the problem for me.
You have to do it before you start a new savegame though otherwise it will not work.
REN56

Post by REN56 »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:26 am If I heard DjGoHam right the tool height mod for harvesters on console allows fast farming, which if it does I may download map again. With such wide seeders and cultivators available that part doesn't bother me working large fields but harvesting only 40 feet at a time 6mph is sloooow. One major reason why I never got into large maps.
What exactly is the ‘tool height mod for harvesters on console’? What does it do? Where is it? (ModHub?) Sounds interesting - especially if it can help speed up the slow 6mph harvesting speed on the large-sized maps when one is doing all of the work themselves as I do and not using AI helpers.

Many thanks in advance and happy farming! *thumbsup*
- Robert -
Life is too short... smile & be happy!
PS5 & PS4 Pro > FS22 & FS19 & FS17
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

It is to change the height of the cutter. You select the specialized cutter from the shop look for the can adjust the tool height.
Once on you can now adjust the height using the R1 button and the left stick.But don't worry about that just lower it and turn the harvester on and put the cruise control on and away you will go.
Putting on the helper however will just run at normal speed. But you're running at 40km then that is 4 helpers but just you in control.
PS4
PS5
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Beanbrother wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:01 pm Wondering if the question is come up with regards to the main yard and the bin set up? Its impossible to run super bees and thinking/hoping they make it fixed with the ability to drive through. I know the map is set up with a real life yards but I can’t imagine why any farmer would have it set up like that
I was thinking this exact thing myself. I have never in all my years of farming seen a set up like that for dumping grain. As yourself, I am not saying the Lancy is lying about what this real life farm has for a set up, I am just commenting on the fact that it is the most un-practical setup IMO. Whether it be side dumping wagons or transport trailers, neither of them is going to work well at all. Kind of a let down really.... One nice thing is that you can delete the silo and put in your own if you want. That's what I'm going to do.

I know he has mentioned that the yard/map is not necessarily designed for large equipment but the problem is the fields are so big you almost have to have large equipment.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

I deleted it and It left a massive crater