Very simple, very cheap idea for the next FS

blue_painted

Very simple, very cheap idea for the next FS

Post by blue_painted »

The next FS should have three maps: the "almost USA one", the "almost Europe one" and ...

... a completely flat, blank map for players who want to build their own. It wouldn't work unless there were a better way of making roads in contours in the landscaping tools, but I think it's generally agreed that those tools could do with refinement and expansion.

This is such a simple idea, I'm sure someone has thought of it but if so, I've not seen it.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
MrSquealypig

Re: Very simple, very cheap idea for the next FS

Post by MrSquealypig »

I think being able to create your own farm from scratch is the next logical step for the series because it takes pressure off modders to release maps soon after game release when there is great demand for them.
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

I'd like to have a system where you could use Google Earth(or something similar), find an area you like and it generates the map for you... just a copy of the roads, rivers, and contours of the land would suffice. We can put in the extra details in later with mods.
mpochylko1

Post by mpochylko1 »

Achtung Baby wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:35 am I'd like to have a system where you could use Google Earth(or something similar), find an area you like and it generates the map for you... just a copy of the roads, rivers, and contours of the land would suffice. We can put in the extra details in later with mods.
Imagine.... that would be awesome. Great idea!
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

If they put in ravencraport again no one will by the game. Waste of megabits.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I remember that "my state is better then yours"
humbe

Post by humbe »

I heard someone said it takes a year to make a good map. Sounds like it should be a lot of ways to simplify it. Google Earth for a start would be great. At least if they managed to add elevation too. I drove through a valley today and the farms had fields where you wonder if they cam drive a tractor without it tipping over..
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

You would have to assume that Giants already have somewhat of an idea as far as the specs for next GEN. I always thought a good idea would be to give the top map makers some time leading into the release so they can drop a map within the first month or so
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

I'm sure the next step for FS is map making. I think the map editing tools will be improved, and I'm hoping some serious Google Earth conversion tools maybe added. I hope for a lot more textures, decorative items, and the ability to make roads, fields and trains. I watched a few videos on how to make a map, it looked like rocket science. I don't think it has to be :)
The issue is how to get all this to work on Console.
Nathan_6930

Post by Nathan_6930 »

maybe a game and placeable system that actually worked the way it should would be a start ...........
Dal100

Post by Dal100 »

How about go back to the fs17 placeable where is dont break the map if u place something to close to the road. Oh an Undo Button would be amazing too
Xboxfarmsim

Post by Xboxfarmsim »

How about they just completely scrap the landscaping tools and allow the mappers more freedom, scrap all the placables as they just break the game.

They should take it back to the good old days of 17 then improve on that. 19 was a mess at launch and still is
Massive respect to all the modders
humbe

Post by humbe »

Xboxfarmsim wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:00 pm How about they just completely scrap the landscaping tools and allow the mappers more freedom, scrap all the placables as they just break the game.

They should take it back to the good old days of 17 then improve on that. 19 was a mess at launch and still is
That would be a huge step backwards for me at least. They should change it the other way.. Make it so every object the map makers put on the map is a placeable so the player is free to remove it later if he doesn't want it there..

Get placeables out of garage view, and make it possible to look at them per area, and then for instance a scrapyard could be a placeable with a negative cost, meaning it would cost money to sell it, representing the cost of having something come and remove it. Then map makers could add lots of objects to make the map look nice, but it wouldn't destroy the players chance to change what they wanted when playing.

If the game could autogenerate a map based on map information, and there was a lot of placeables one could put in to represent different buildings on the map, then it should be possible to create a map in a few days rather than a year..
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

humbe wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:19 pm
Xboxfarmsim wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:00 pm How about they just completely scrap the landscaping tools and allow the mappers more freedom, scrap all the placables as they just break the game.

That would be a huge step backwards for me at least. They should change it the other way.. Make it so every object the map makers put on the map is a placeable so the player is free to remove it later if he doesn't want it there..

Get placeables out of garage view, and make it possible to look at them per area, and then for instance a scrapyard could be a placeable with a negative cost, meaning it would cost money to sell it, representing the cost of having something come and remove it. Then map makers could add lots of objects to make the map look nice, but it wouldn't destroy the players chance to change what they wanted when playing.

If the game could autogenerate a map based on map information, and there was a lot of placeables one could put in to represent different buildings on the map, then it should be possible to create a map in a few days rather than a year..
I think it has to be one thing or the other, not this half-working mish-mash we have in FS19. My feeling is that it will go more the placable direction, because that caters to the console market.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I liked the peaceable system. It adds more things to the game. It allows maps to be more appealing to others and lets you build a farm to your liking. I don't like having animal pens all over the map. That isn't realistic to me because we gave always had our animals located together at the main farm, so people can't come and steal something. I do think there should be an undo button, but a work around is have auto save off and don't save until you have done something you liked. Also I have never placed down something that broke the game as a couple suggested.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.