Welker Farms - “the build your own farm” American Map?

chedly_farms

Re: Welker Farms - “the build your own farm” American Map?

Post by chedly_farms »

So, I’ve run into a couple snags. Even cutting fields down, the fields are still massive. And the “nuclear bomb” sunrise is really annoying for the first few hours of the day.

I’ve started a couple different game saves trying different things. I did some silage harvesting full crop barley just to try out that full crop head, that was neat. I tried some semi trucks and hooklift trucks to haul it. I made one of my trucks similar to Farming Fixing and Fabricating’s YouTube channel. I’m gonna try with seasons to see if the lighting on there makes it less obnoxious in the morning.
Sunsets are gorgeous however.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Old McGlenno

Post by Old McGlenno »

Lighting is definitely an issue even with seasons, but after enough hours on the map you sort of get used to it
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

So just thinking up ideas what to do so far I got

*Somewhere in yard or expand the yard a bit into field 2 behind the houses and add 1 or 2 of the bigger industrial chicken coops that hold like 500 hens. I know Nick talked about them raising chickens

*"Concrete" over some of field 2 by the sheds to make an area for straw harvest. The pelletizing hall for sure and either the storage hall or a an open vehicle shed (like in game shed 3) as covered storage for a pellet pile. Would also give me the chance to use a wheel loader.

*Somewhere on main farm add a comodity shed (or close to one as console gets) for bulk fertilizer and lime. Would also here give me a chance to use a "dump truck"

*Possible add a small pig enclosure on main farm, not big like 40 or 50 capacity. Found out like a year ago my great grandpa and his brother (my moms gramps) raised pigs on their farm, I think just for butcher. She didn't know much about it just they had pigs, but it got me more interested in pigs on fs.

*And finally buy field 10 I think it is that surrounds the main grain bins and turn part of it into a pasture for beef. Use a pasture mod for cattle or one of those open pasture mods and make my own pasture with grass and a fence mod.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
farmerdonnie

Post by farmerdonnie »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:41 am A few things have come to light over the last few weeks, and I’m gonna give a Welker Farms a go, but in the idea that I’m gonna build my own farm by adding on to the existing farm. Through the release of Stone Valley I found out Welker has all the custom textures I kind of want for realism and the slot count is nice and low for console. Plus I’m kind of digging the fact that there are no other farms on the map.

My goal is to put the big dairy barn with the rotary milking parlor, along with a multi fruits silo that I will pair with the concrete silos from the Westbridge Hills mod pack. All these found in the ModHub.

Has anyone created or added onto the Welker Farm in this manner? Such as a large dairy operation?

Also I never gave this map enough credit. I wrote it off to huge fields, but after looking at Stone Valley, the Welker fields aren’t really that much bigger. And there are a lot of cool little details. So if I was ever harsh on this map, I do apologize to Mappers Paradise. I take back anything negative. This map is pretty darn good in hindsight.
welkers is great for building lots of space etc
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

So I started up with seasons, and the lighting is so much better. That fixes one issue. So now I just gotta figure out how to divide the fields up for a better, more enjoyable, playing experience.

Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

You could plant the starting field with 2 different crops or 3 depending how big you want your fields.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:02 pm You could plant the starting field with 2 different crops or 3 depending how big you want your fields.
It's more about field shapes than anything. I like odd shaped fields. I'd like to do the "swooping" divided fields that follow the hilly terrain that you see here in PA/MD and like on How Farms work. But the lack of elevations make it hard to see it come to life in the game. So I may have to go all in and try to create my own hills. Which would be quite interesting If I can pull it off. Won't be easy.

Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Good luck. That does sound challenging. Save when you do something you like.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:22 pm Good luck. That does sound challenging. Save when you do something you like.
If it were me, I'd start a second save file to do experimentation with.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)