Welker Farms - “the build your own farm” American Map?

chedly_farms

Welker Farms - “the build your own farm” American Map?

Post by chedly_farms »

A few things have come to light over the last few weeks, and I’m gonna give a Welker Farms a go, but in the idea that I’m gonna build my own farm by adding on to the existing farm. Through the release of Stone Valley I found out Welker has all the custom textures I kind of want for realism and the slot count is nice and low for console. Plus I’m kind of digging the fact that there are no other farms on the map.

My goal is to put the big dairy barn with the rotary milking parlor, along with a multi fruits silo that I will pair with the concrete silos from the Westbridge Hills mod pack. All these found in the ModHub.

Has anyone created or added onto the Welker Farm in this manner? Such as a large dairy operation?

Also I never gave this map enough credit. I wrote it off to huge fields, but after looking at Stone Valley, the Welker fields aren’t really that much bigger. And there are a lot of cool little details. So if I was ever harsh on this map, I do apologize to Mappers Paradise. I take back anything negative. This map is pretty darn good in hindsight.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
vondeylenfarms

Re: Welker Farms - “the build your own farm” American Map?

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I have tons of hours on Welker. Never did a dairy farm though but a huge hay pellet plant to pass some time lol I deleted the main farm and plowed it up. I rebuilt my farm in the same field but more on the edge instead of the middle. It's a great map and the yes the textures bring out the best of it. Plenty of space for a large dairy farm
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

At the main starting farm, I cut down all the trees, added missy b silo, an large easy shed, that green machine shed, than behind the house added the large confinement hog building, a large cattle barn, large silage pit, and the large bga. Plus a garage shed with the rollback doors and yes this was on xbox one.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Vondeylenfarms, not sure what part of Ohio you live, but isn’t Welkers terrain very similar to the western part of your state, the Lima area north up towards Toledo and Sandusky?

vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:59 am Vondeylenfarms, not sure what part of Ohio you live, but isn’t Welkers terrain very similar to the western part of your state, the Lima area north up towards Toledo and Sandusky?
I'm literally 20min south of Toledo so yes the land is super flat lol very very much like home here. I can't delete the map, I build an awesome farm on it. You will like the map. The fields are large but just split them up like I did
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Jonhinkerton

Post by Jonhinkerton »

I have over 400 hours on Welker with a custom yard on PS4. Mostly, you can do it, but there are a very few oddities. I cut the farm area down to about half original size. There are two things you have to work around - a tire with a very short render distance south of the trees near the original silos and a small tree nearby that can’t be cut or mulched. These form an effective east and south limit. The farm area has some spots that don’t like placeables, but sometimes you can use the big easyshed as a way to fix the terrain by building them right up to the bad spot then removing and slowly working over them by repeating. I guess it smooths the terrain. Some spots that worked, some didn’t with some fiddling I found a layout that worked great for me.

But yes, with MNMF and Stone Valley being so rigid I appreciate the flexibility of Welker a lot more. It’s a great map to just do big jobs on and it let me make m y farm my way.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

On my Welker save, I kept the original farm layout, but I built another shed behind the original one on the east end to the south. And on the west end I cleared a little land north of the house and put up the chicken pen with the metal shed. Though I haven't built them yet, my cow barn, sheep and pig pens are going to be put on field 20, along with a hayloft and silage bunker. I built the BGA in the fenced area across from the vehicle shop and put in a placeable sell point by the animal dealer.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

So after about 4 hours, I harvested most of the big field you start with and separated it into 5 different fields, separated by waterways that I can mow and bale for steer feed. I even managed to put in a pond where I widened one of the waterways. I’m not going to go all in on the dairy farm. But rather will do beef using one of the modded cattle pens without seasons. All in all I’m very happy. This is the most pumped I’ve been playing any American map so far. The only things I see myself taking away are the grain bins at the main farm and updating them with larger more modern ones. And that’s some time down the road.

TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

@Jonhinkerton

"But yes, with MNMF and Stone Valley being so rigid I appreciate the flexibility of Welker a lot more. It’s a great map to just do big jobs on and it let me make m y farm my way."

I would be intriguied to know where you got that info from regarding the MNMF map because as far as I'm aware the only items that can't be sold/removed on the MNMF map are in the top right and left corners of the map and the main farm silo's (this owing to the dryer animation requiring a preset vehicle) everything else (including junk) can be sold/removed but not in some case re-purchased.
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

Share some pics sometime Chedly
Jonhinkerton

Post by Jonhinkerton »

TheSuBBie wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:55 am @Jonhinkerton

"But yes, with MNMF and Stone Valley being so rigid I appreciate the flexibility of Welker a lot more. It’s a great map to just do big jobs on and it let me make m y farm my way."

I would be intriguied to know where you got that info from regarding the MNMF map because as far as I'm aware the only items that can't be sold/removed on the MNMF map are in the top right and left corners of the map and the main farm silo's (this owing to the dryer animation requiring a preset vehicle) everything else (including junk) can be sold/removed but not in some case re-purchased.
I’d not heard that. That’s quite exciting then.
Old McGlenno

Post by Old McGlenno »

Welker was the first map I played after seasons came out on console, and to this day I have not found another that I enjoy as much. There are other American maps that might be more visually appealing, but like the OP said, the flexibility of Welker is unparalleled. I started my own farm from scratch on the west side of the map. Totally custom yard, but I love that you can still use the custom placeables (this is also true of Cybuchowo, which I am loving). To the OP's question, I do have a dairy farm, but it is not yet large. I plan on buying the fenced off land just east of the sell point in the northwest corner of the map and starting a small sheep or pig farm there. I don't see this map ever getting old.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

I tried building a farm on Welker, but it didn't really come together. I recently built a new farm from scratch on the Pacific northwest map. I think that's the name. By far my favorite map, although I do wish it had larger fields.
Ironsword

Post by Ironsword »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:41 am A few things have come to light over the last few weeks, and I’m gonna give a Welker Farms a go, but in the idea that I’m gonna build my own farm by adding on to the existing farm. Through the release of Stone Valley I found out Welker has all the custom textures I kind of want for realism and the slot count is nice and low for console. Plus I’m kind of digging the fact that there are no other farms on the map.

My goal is to put the big dairy barn with the rotary milking parlor, along with a multi fruits silo that I will pair with the concrete silos from the Westbridge Hills mod pack. All these found in the ModHub.

Has anyone created or added onto the Welker Farm in this manner? Such as a large dairy operation?

Also I never gave this map enough credit. I wrote it off to huge fields, but after looking at Stone Valley, the Welker fields aren’t really that much bigger. And there are a lot of cool little details. So if I was ever harsh on this map, I do apologize to Mappers Paradise. I take back anything negative. This map is pretty darn good in hindsight.
Hello Chedly, which Dairy Barn is that?
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Let us know how the beef works Ched. Just had this same idea couple days ago if it would work. May reinstall welker as I'm not impressed with stone valley.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs