Map Idea

YWFMS2351

Map Idea

Post by YWFMS2351 »

Disclaimer: I know nothing about modding or map making, nor do I have the time to be able to learn how to.

Pretty cool idea for a map. Would most likely have to be 4x. 1/3 to 1/2 be an urban/city area with your factories/production buildings and a majority of your sell points. Then 1/2 to 2/3 be rural country area for farming and logging. Maybe a residential suburban area around the urban/city area.

Harvest your potatoes and drive a semi tipper down into the town/city where there's a potato chip factory or something.
PC
Procobator

Re: Map Idea

Post by Procobator »

What is your reasoning for making this post?

If you’re not willing to find the time to mod, why would you then ask others to find the time to mod something you think would make a great map?
YWFMS2351

Post by YWFMS2351 »

Procobator wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:44 pm What is your reasoning for making this post?

If you’re not willing to find the time to mod, why would you then ask others to find the time to mod something you think would make a great map?
*thumbsup*
PC
Missyb

Post by Missyb »

YWFMS2351 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:29 am Disclaimer: I know nothing about modding or map making, nor do I have the time to be able to learn how to.

Pretty cool idea for a map. Would most likely have to be 4x. 1/3 to 1/2 be an urban/city area with your factories/production buildings and a majority of your sell points. Then 1/2 to 2/3 be rural country area for farming and logging. Maybe a residential suburban area around the urban/city area.

Harvest your potatoes and drive a semi tipper down into the town/city where there's a potato chip factory or something.
Do you reliaze how long it take to make a standard size map, it take's roughly speaking around 3 months (depending on the modder).
If you want learn then best to start would be GDN, youtube or ALiEN JiM's Discord.
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

It sounds like a realistic type of map. It is certainly a good idea.
I notice that you said it'd be a good idea without actually "asking" somebody else to do it for you. Hopefully other people read it the way you intended as well.
If you're lucky, a modder with lots of time or might run with the idea.

In the meantime, if you are interested in long deliveries, you may consider one of the SCS games as a part time gaming pleasure.
YWFMS2351

Post by YWFMS2351 »

FarmBoss wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:09 am It sounds like a realistic type of map. It is certainly a good idea.
I notice that you said it'd be a good idea without actually "asking" somebody else to do it for you. Hopefully other people read it the way you intended as well.
If you're lucky, a modder with lots of time or might run with the idea.

In the meantime, if you are interested in long deliveries, you may consider one of the SCS games as a part time gaming pleasure.

That was precisely as it was intended. An idea. Maybe a map maker was looking for ideas for their next map. Or maybe the map already exists and I am unaware of it and someone that is aware of the map would have suggested it.

The fact that i put the disclaimer in to begin with was to avoid the inevitable trolling type replies of oh you should make time to learn. If i had time, I absolutely would. But as is the norm here, you get 70% good replies, and 30% trolling so yeah.

But thank you for your reply. I do infact dabble with ATS but I like the immersion of being able to do all aspects of the job on the one or two days a week that I am free to be able to sit down and relax on the computer.
PC
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

This map seems like a good idea to me. Where would it be set though, U.S, England, Russia?
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
YWFMS2351

Post by YWFMS2351 »

Yeahrightio wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:14 am This map seems like a good idea to me. Where would it be set though, U.S, England, Russia?
Personally I'd prefer it to be US but thats just personal preference. It would be cool to have like a multilane highway in a big loop to be able to get around the map to different areas.
PC
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Sounds cool, maybe someone with modding skills will like the idea.
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

This already exists. It's called Cities: Skylines :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: *thumbsup*
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

If you could take proper control of vehicles in City Skylines, it would be the ultimate game.
Old McGlenno

Post by Old McGlenno »

Sounds cool, but I worry that the starting slot count/file size would be huge. Guess that wouldn't be an issue on pc...
Jonny3355

Post by Jonny3355 »

I would like more forestey maps with landings on console.
Xbox one
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Recently I've seen some posts receiving a lot of negativity for expressing ideas to new maps. It has even been said that this was against the forum rules and you could get banned for this. In the cases I've seen, the language was very prudent and respectful, so I don't understand all this negativity. No modder or map maker would ever follow up on such suggestions unless they thought it was a good idea. My own humble mod has benefitted a lot from user feedback and I would be sad to see if giving back ideas to modders became unacceptable.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

kahfs wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:48 pm Recently I've seen some posts receiving a lot of negativity for expressing ideas to new maps. It has even been said that this was against the forum rules and you could get banned for this. In the cases I've seen, the language was very prudent and respectful, so I don't understand all this negativity. No modder or map maker would ever follow up on such suggestions unless they thought it was a good idea. My own humble mod has benefitted a lot from user feedback and I would be sad to see if giving back ideas to modders became unacceptable.
Don’t worry you’ll soon learn that you’re not allowed an opinion on this forum! Just remember all modders are fantastic and giants are Gods especially the testing team who’ll reject a mod for a spelling mistake but pass a broken map 👍🏻