REA and Realistic Weights

Phantoms

REA and Realistic Weights

Post by Phantoms »

Do REA Added Realism For Vehicles and Filltype (Goods) Mass Adjustment (Realistic Weights) play well together?

I've had Realistic Weights since it came out and would like to keep it. I tried disabling it on my current savegame to see if there's a difference with REA, but once added to a save I can't disable it or the save will not finish loading.
Playing on PC
juf.de

Re: REA and Realistic Weights

Post by juf.de »

Realistic Weights shouldn't crash a savegame, as it just changes the weights. I guess there is another mod causing it.
Now to the REA-RealisticWeights Combination: In my opinion it works great on relativ flat maps, but you will stuggle on maps with steep slopes.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Phantoms

Re: REA and Realistic Weights

Post by Phantoms »

When I disable Realistic Weights on my current savegame it will load like normal and after pressing start will just stay at the load screen. This is the only change made when this happens. Re-enabling it on the same save and no problems.

I've noticed things sliding too easy with REA on. I have not tried a new savegame without realistic Weights enabled to see if it's different. Even the JD combine will slide over when backing and turning to line up with a row. This on dry field. Do you know how much a combine weighs? This would be very unlikely in real life. All my tractors do it too. Back up turn a little and hit the brakes they slide over real easy even with 1000KG weight on front. The JCB 325 skidsteer has problems with REA on. And the pickup slides pretty easy everywhere. i really like the idea of REA but right now I would have to disable too many vehicles to use it and it's behavior is not really realistic. This is why i asked if Realistic Weights made the bad behavior worse. I guess i'll have to load up a test map tonight without it and see.
Playing on PC