Courseplay and tight field edges

dochockin

Courseplay and tight field edges

Post by dochockin »

Is there a function in Courseplay that instructs the AI to offset the initial edge of the headlands? I'm using a map where some of the fields have obstructions right on the field edge (trees, walls, etc...). Let's say I have a 9m implement and it keeps getting hung up on the first pass around the headlands with courseplay. Is there a way to auto generate the course but set a 1m border around the field edge? TIA!
mpochylko1

Re: Courseplay and tight field edges

Post by mpochylko1 »

No, but you can use the map editor in game and paint grass around the field to create a separation distance. Then use the field edge generator to create a field edge in courseplay.

Or download the giants editor and move the trees or whatever away slightly.
dochockin

Post by dochockin »

mpochylko1 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:30 am No, but you can use the map editor in game and paint grass around the field to create a separation distance. Then use the field edge generator to create a field edge in courseplay.
So if I paint some grass around the field edge, that will change the underlying field dimensions automatically? And courseplay should sense that?
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

You might need to re-scan the field edge. There should be an option on the first screen that pops up when you open the Courseplay menu to scan field dimensions or something like that, then you have to pick which field you're in and select "Overwrite Field XX". When you then pull up the Course Generation screen that field should say (user) next to it showing you changed the field dimension. If this is confusing I can take some screenshots when I get home from work today.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

dochockin wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:38 am
mpochylko1 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:30 am No, but you can use the map editor in game and paint grass around the field to create a separation distance. Then use the field edge generator to create a field edge in courseplay.
So if I paint some grass around the field edge, that will change the underlying field dimensions automatically? And courseplay should sense that?
You have to recalculate the field edge, its easy and it works well I do it all the time with issues like that.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Recalculate was the word I was looking for haha.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins