Electric Pallet Truck

Yeahrightio

Re: Electric Pallet Truck

Post by Yeahrightio »

Mission accomplished. I've put a DD mod passion milk cage on the pallet, which I can move around.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Pict wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:06 am
Jonny3355 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:44 pm It cannot load trailers and dosnt work with any pallets we have in game and cannot be used on even the slightest of bumps
I didn't look at it yet, but reading what you said I'm not going to bother as it sounds utterly pointless. It just found the delete button and freed up some space on my HD, thanks *thumbsup*
You just have to put your pallets on the strap pallet and strap them down.

Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

It's actually good for moving things around a yard. I've got 6 milk cages on pallets and it's good for shifting those to a storage shed.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Pict

Post by Pict »

MrSquealypig wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:04 pm You just have to put your pallets on the strap pallet and strap them down.
OK, so you have to put all the pallets on new pallets for this thing to have any kind of functionality. Then what, how do you put the pallets on the new pallets and then how do you take them off?

Looks like this pallet handler needs another pallet handler to function, plus custom pallets over and above that.

Seriously I don't think this mod was well thought out. It looks nice, but that about it.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Pict wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:43 pm
MrSquealypig wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:04 pm You just have to put your pallets on the strap pallet and strap them down.
OK, so you have to put all the pallets on new pallets for this thing to have any kind of functionality. Then what, how do you put the pallets on the new pallets and then how do you take them off?

Looks like this pallet handler needs another pallet handler to function, plus custom pallets over and above that.

Seriously I don't think this mod was well thought out. It looks nice, but that about it.
You use a front loader or fork lift to transport the pallet from the store, then the jack to move it around your farm/ warehouse.

You wouldn't pull a pallet with a pallet jack all the way from the store onto the roads in real life, why would you do that in game?
JamP

Post by JamP »

But in irl you would just pick up and drop the pallet off the floor, simply by lowering and lifting the tool. Which is not the case here. It would be interesting if he took the standard pallets.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
Pict

Post by Pict »

MrSquealypig wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:16 pm You use a front loader or fork lift to transport the pallet from the store, then the jack to move it around your farm/ warehouse.

You wouldn't pull a pallet with a pallet jack all the way from the store onto the roads in real life, why would you do that in game?
In real life we used a forklift truck for pallet handling in our store & workshop and a front loader, later a telehandler for anything outside on rough ground.

The first forklift truck we had (back in the early 70's) was a Coventry Climax, it ran on LPG/petrol and had a manual gearbox (2 speed). The forward / reverse handle used to jump into neutral and occasionally crack you the knee :biggrin2:

I learnt to drive that thing when I was less than 10 years old. If my dad had handed me a "pallet jack" instead, it would never have been half the fun. I toppled it once with a couple of tons on the forks, real adrenaline rush that I can't imagine getting from a "pallet jack" :coolnew:
Plus, the "pallet jack" couldn't do the stuff we did with a forklift, like stack pallets, lift 2.5 tons, lift axle assemblies, engines and gearboxes. Change wheels etc., etc. I suppose there's a place for them, like in a supermarket maybe :lol:

============

In real life you don't need a fork truck to lift a pallet onto another pallet so that your "pallet jack" can move it. That's the biggest let down of an otherwise good looking mod.

Have fun with it. I just have other stuff to do that doesn't involve excessive double handling of what is already one of the most frustrating elements in this game :hi:
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

This is a great idea but it absolutely useless if it can't be used with the existing pallets!
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

I really don't understand the problem. When you are loading the pallets onto the trailer at the store (when you are already using a forklift or loader) you just put it on the other pallet.

Then when you deliver it to your farm you use the jack.

It literally adds 3 seconds onto the process and as a result you get to enjoy a really neat mod.
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

MrSquealypig wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:03 am This is so cool!

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh
i knew you would say that :smileynew:
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
Jonny3355

Post by Jonny3355 »

Pict wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:06 am
Jonny3355 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:44 pm It cannot load trailers and dosnt work with any pallets we have in game and cannot be used on even the slightest of bumps
I didn't look at it yet, but reading what you said I'm not going to bother as it sounds utterly pointless. It just found the delete button and freed up some space on my HD, thanks *thumbsup*
No problem
Xbox one