How many farms?

blue_painted

How many farms?

Post by blue_painted »

This is just a curiosity:

In FS17 two of my farms/backstories ran to the end -- I built up a good dairy/arable on Oakfield, saved the farm on Gwenddyr but on FS19 I'm currently running:

Somerset Farms - retro small farm on small and old kit. (Thanks to Humbe)

Campaign of France - small beef farm on a shoe-string with just one Renault tractor

Lone Oak - Grain farming in the USA on Case

Lipinki - because there is so much good Polish stuff.

Dreisternhof - for Fendt, Deutz Fahr and Claas

Little Norton - big expensive stuff on narrow lanes.

Greenwich Valley - started with the fields neglected, massive loans to pay for everything (Edit: forgot this one!)

How many concurrent farms do other people run?
Last edited by blue_painted on Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Luftkopf

Re: How many farms?

Post by Luftkopf »

There's so much stuff I want to check out, I have heaps of farms on the go, and I switch between them as the mood strikes.

The List:
Geiselsberg.
Grain cropping, with a small dairy on the side. Straw Pellet Pallet Production. BGA run on Poplar. Closing in on 300 hours. How much can I do with a Deutz Fahr 9340, and a Xerion 5000?

Gemeinde Rade.
Uh, grain and dairy. Sugar Beet and Silage powered BGA. Slurry/Digestate fertilising. Potatoes because apparently I like a lot of work. Also closing in on 300 hours. How many tractors can I find excuses to buy?

MVP 19.
New farm with, wait for it, grain crops and a LARGE dairy! Also sheep. And maybe pigs? New farm with only 30 hours. Still working on my tractor lineup, but 2 Unimogs have moved in. Also I don't know how to farm without a Xerion.

Midwest Horizon.
KarlFarms kept making mods that are so good I wanted to drive American tractors for once! Some John Deere tractors trialled and sold. So much Case. 195 hours. I suppose American farming can be fun too! 30ha cotton fields are... fun...

Stone Valley.
Okay, now Siid is making cool mods, and FarmCatJenkins is making GEOs. I suppose I need a green farm? With a little red and blue for good measure. Alfalfa and grass farm, with a bit of grain to keep things turning over. And a dairy because I seem to have forgotten how to farm without cows. 70+ hours.

Oakfield Farms.
JCB (and a Xerion) + Grass + Sheep + Cows = profit. One day I will find a place to do some cropping. Almost 60 hours.

Welker Farms.
One of my oldest saves, and I keep wanting to enjoy this because the Welkers are cool. I haven't yet found out how to enjoy a big flat empty map. I am not giving up. 25 hours.

Irgendwo in Thüringen II.
New farm I haven't figured out what I'll do with. I've wanted to play this one for ages, and finally have a PC that isn't powered by potatoes.

Plus a Work in Progress Beta Map because there are so many cool modders. An attempt at small scale farming. Something I haven't figured out how to do.
Rabbitbugs93

Post by Rabbitbugs93 »

I've just started a new save on little Norton an boy I'm really really impressed with this map, nice farm yards to choose from an you can combine some of the fields to make some pretty big fields..I don't switch between maps as i only play one map at a time, since Greenwich valley got released it was the only map I've played ontill little Norton came out last week, so for the next few months it's just going to be little Norton for me.
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

My main farm at the moment is Purbeck Valley, although I also have NML & Oberkrebach saved to dip in & out from time to time, all much of a muchness regarding the farms themselves it usually with different brands of tractors .
I'm also visiting little Norton to find a start but nothings fired me up enough about it to commit yet , dare I say it , i may go the wrong shade of green for that one 🤢
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

Ravenport - I don't mind this map, the town is small and the fields were manageable to start of with. I expanded the original fields and set up a depot for my contract machinery. I was able to earn enough so that once sold I could buy a couple of large blocks on the other side of the map.

Aussie Outback - The fields in this map are huge, and I do mean HUGE... when you plant grains you need plenty of silo space and a decent harvester. If you like big tractors and large seeders, this map gives you heaps of room to move.

Vieille France - It's actually a really nice map, needs more work and fine tuning... once someone does that I'd highly recommend it. I'm purely playing this map because I use to play this on FS 15, the 19 version is nicely done, an improvement. Still a few bugs to iron out though, I doubt anyone will take it on though... seems to be forgotten now.

Westbridge Hills - Played this map since FS 13 and always come back to it. It was nice to have a version where the farm came with no house or sheds, I could place my own anywhere. It's a good map to earn serious money with contractor work when nothing is left to do on my own farm.

No mans land - Haven't really got into this map yet, but I like the concept and hope to give it go later on.

Le Petit Bourg - A reasonably sized map in France, the layout is to my liking and fields are easy enough to work with. I've only just started on this map as well, but I might take it more seriously as I may move away from the Vieille France map due to the quirks it has.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

I have all 20 save game slots with a different farm. I guess im a hoarder.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

hun3 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:14 pm I have all 20 save game slots with a different farm. I guess im a hoarder.
I have zip files of my save games, so I'm a hoarder too.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

Luftkopf wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:42 am

Stone Valley.
Okay, now Siid is making cool mods, and FarmCatJenkins is making GEOs. I suppose I need a green farm? With a little red and blue for good measure. Alfalfa and grass farm, with a bit of grain to keep things turning over. And a dairy because I seem to have forgotten how to farm without cows. 70+ hours.

I am almost doing the exact same thing as this :shock:
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Right now, I have one farm. Kind of on Osina. I'm at around 400 hours on it.

I lost interest on Marwell at around 500 hours.

And now I'm trying to figure out a new farm, to go North American. I've experimented on all the maps, and trying to figure out which one works the best for me. I'm very very very picky.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

One farm, can farm playing since seasons dropped 7 years in and own around 800 acres of big fields that require big equipment beef feedlot and a dairy and about to put up two chicken barns that will get me to a 1000 chicken Capacity. Mostly crop farm still with my main cash coming from corn wheat Soys and sugar beets. Will be diving into spuds next season
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

I have 1 sp farm on UMRV and one on Medicine Creek, and a Farm on Farmcatjenkins' server and hopefully one soon in FSN on Stone Valley. I don't play the sp ones too much, I mostly focus on the multiplayer ones.
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Three farms (all CLAAS since I got the DLC a week ago):

The Old Stream Farm, the small equipment farm. Oats on all my farm fields and mowing and flipping all the grass fields. Dairy and beef cows, chickens, sheep.
Little Norton, the medium equipment farm. Dairy farm focused.
Hollandscheveld, the CLAAS sponsored farm. Hoarding CLAAS equipment at the BGA. Mowing and compacting.
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

I still have Marwel saved but map is deleted. I spent about 20 hours this last week trying to get Stone Valley started but hard to do as a solo player.

So for now I'm picking up where I left off 3 or 4 days ago on Sandy Bay and running with it.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Old McGlenno

Post by Old McGlenno »

Welker is the farm I keep coming back to. After about 200 hours I only own two fields and I have a growing dairy/grain operation. Started from scratch and built a totally custom farm. I really think its that sense of "I built this from scratch" that keeps me so invested in this farm. At any given time, I usually have another farm going on a different map but I can never get more than a year in because I just don't feel connected the same way and I don't have the patience to start another farm from scratch. Using a pre-built farm always seems like it will be fun, but I can just never get into it long term.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

I always delete the previous farm, no backups, or turning back.
Like real life, I move on. I've attempted to transfer the net-worth onto the next map, but it got too big too early.
I wouldn't enjoy the game starting with millions from the previous operation.
So, always starting on normal economy, Start from Scratch.

Started on Felsbrunn, don't remember how many hours. Corn silage operation. The map looked empty compared to the new maps coming out.
The next map was Marwell. Started with selling grains, got some grass fields, continued with sheep and dairy operation mixed with grain. Very happy overall.
Moved to Washoe Nevada, grains operation. Spent a lot of time hauling diesel and water for extra income, so much it became the main activity. Decided I needed a break from FS to ETS.
Next stop back to Europe for Petervile and a sheep farm. Didn't stay for too long.
Keeping the same rainy climate, moved to Oakfield for my next long time stay. Grass operation all the way, sheep and dairy. Expanded to horses and a small oat field to keep up, lumber during the winters.
The wet climate and narrow roads got to me, so I moved to Loan Oak. My most profitable operation so far, mixed grain and dairy farm. Made a fortune out of milk and selling excess silage and manure.
Being the drifter I am, I cashed out the whole farm and moved to Stone Valley. Huge Case IH equipment, Steigers, Magnums, Bourgeault. Go big or go home was the theme here. Had lots of fun here but the flatlands took a toll on my escapism.
Lost all my money and half a liver on beer on Shamrock Valley. Started from scratch a sheep operation but couldn't stay long.
Left via port to central Europe to Alsoszeg. Playing eastern European maps has a certain charm. Downloaded over a gig of Soviet Era machinery and had multiplayer fun with a swine operation.
The cold winters drove me away from central Europe to an idyllic swine farm overlooking the beach on Sandy Bay. Starting with just a 95HP Massey, rented equipment, and a big loan, I've managed to grow my operation to healthy levels.