No votes
2%
5%

Total votes: 110

CaptGoodvibes

Re: Season length poll

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:58 pm
CaptGoodvibes wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:27 pm FWIW, I have three maps right now all at 15 day seasons and I'm playing them at realtime. Who cares? Is there really an end-goal of amassing in-game wealth or am I here to plow fields and feed cows? One thing is for sure, the sense of urgency is gone and I'm totally relaxed now. I have no idea if I'll make it to winter at this speed and I don't care if I do. Cheers!

P.S. if I've learned one thing in my years, ask people the right question and they will volunteer the details.
How do go about playing 3 maps at once? Do you say like certain days are for certain maps? I seem to focus all my attention to one map at a time.
I have three different setups:
1.The Old Stream Farm-NH T4.55 only, chickens, sheep, dairy cows, beef cows. This is the challenging map with such a small tractor. Will be fun to see how I manage.
2.Little Norton-John Deere 6120M (farm tractor), will purchase a JD field tractor eventually, cows. The wrong-side-of-the-road-map.
3.Lone Oak-CLAAS 6xx and 9xx tractors, cows, chickens. I'm beginning to know this map inside and out because of how many times I've played on it and then deleted when I went overboard.

"Overboard"-I rage delete my gamesaves when I realize I'm "cheating," with Grimme conveyer and Gub'ment Subsidy being the main culprits but almost any attempt at construction also ruins a map for me.

All three give a very different vibe and that allows me to load whichever I feel like playing. Since I've slowed the game-year waaaaayy down, none of the maps make me feel like I have something I have to get done now. For instance, I just took a long stroll around The Old Stream Farm map, on foot, without hitting the run trigger and it was sublime. This map is amazing!

Cheers!
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

CaptGoodvibes wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:22 pm
dan1109 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:51 am I would say the poll is fairly meaningless,
Some people are of the personality type that they cannot join a conversation without first pooping on it. Cheers!
I would say the poll is fairly meaningless, if you don't also ask what speed people play on.

Next time....read past the comma....
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

dan1109 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:29 am
Next time....read past the comma....
*sigh*
CaptGoodvibes wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:27 pm P.S. if I've learned one thing in my years, ask people the right question and they will volunteer the details.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
PS4
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Found the mute button 🥳 Sorry all 👍
PS4
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

Its a very good topic for a poll, and I would say quite valuable to Giants for FS21 as they are incorporating Seasons (perhaps they in fact already know due to telemetry they are pulling from the game, dunno). I certainly would like Giants to focus on the most popular season lengths and speed settings, to optimize the experience. I apologize "pooping" on your poll, next time I'll flush.
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

dan1109 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:44 pm Its a very good topic for a poll, and I would say quite valuable to Giants for FS21 as they are incorporating Seasons (perhaps they in fact already know due to telemetry they are pulling from the game, dunno). I certainly would like Giants to focus on the most popular season lengths and speed settings, to optimize the experience. I apologize "pooping" on your poll, next time I'll flush.
Thank you.

I'm sure you are correct about the depth of the poll but it's polite to be more neutral when you don't know each other.

I'm sure we will get along fine going forward. Cheers!
PS4
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

CaptGoodvibes wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:37 am Found the mute button 🥳 Sorry all 👍
Ah so you have an iPhone
so do I
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
briansommers

Post by briansommers »

I want 90 days to the season.
I want real time!
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

I'm leaving mine on 20 days it just feels more realistic that way and with all the new features and stuff I have not had 1 spare moment Al's have my time scale on 6
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Season? 2 days per month, so 6 per season
Ignorance is bliss
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

In the older games, I've stuck to 9 Day Seasons. But, with having more stuff to do and... (this is what sold me on moving up) the ability to sleep anytime. I have moved my game up to 12 Day Seasons. Running between x5 and x10 game speed.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.