1%
No votes
2%
5%

Total votes: 110

CaptGoodvibes

Season length poll

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Nothin’ fancy. Just wondering how the community uses this mod. Cheers!
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
Beanbrother

Re: Season length poll

Post by Beanbrother »

I just started 9 days in stone valley. Little bit of grain and dairy. I hope I don’t get bored with it. I like the management side of the operation.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

So far I always do 6 day season. When seasons came out, I didn't think I would play it, but since I can turn off snow, I like it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

I can only do 3 days. Everything else just goes to slow for me. I enjoy harvesting crop way more than animals though.
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I've moved up to 12 nearing the end of my first year on Eiersholt. Will be bumping up to 15 by mid year 2.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

You sure do like your polls. If you use a longer season length you can always use a faster time. Back on 17 some farmers did a 24 day season challenge. One mr FarmerKlein of utoob and forum fame ran his time clock at 24x or 30x can't remember. In his seasons how to vids he made the suggestion of using a clock speed close to your seasons length, i. e. 1x on 3 days, 15x on 12 days, 30x on 24 days. At 5x 4.8 real hours is one 24 hour day, so some of those short winter days at 30x I imagine were mere minutes long in the real world.
Also on 17 had a mod that would let you set your clock speed custom, so you could do away with the goofy 5x 15x 30x and use speeds dividing into 60, 12, or 24. Don't know if it ported over to 19 as I'm on console.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

It depends on how much land/animals you have and the time it takes to get every thing done, I use them all but 6 days is used most, been caught out a few time using 3 days.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Playing with animals in 9 day Seasons made the game extremely repetitive for me.
Daily animal care is of course realistic but I couldn't cope with doing it straight x9 times without anything else to do because it's winter.
Changed to 3 day Seasons and the game became way more fun, but I need to keep it to 1x speed, which is a plus at least for me.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

george.earlslight wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:13 am Playing with animals in 9 day Seasons made the game extremely repetitive for me.
Daily animal care is of course realistic but I couldn't cope with doing it straight x9 times without anything else to do because it's winter.
Changed to 3 day Seasons and the game became way more fun, but I need to keep it to 1x speed, which is a plus at least for me.
Yes but, the shorter the season length the less chance of weather. Scratch the forum you will see lots of posts asking about/for geos that get snow. On 17 I did try a longer season qnd faster time scale, I think it was 12 days and 15x. Days went so fast could only get a few passes up and down a field in one game day working from dawn til dusk. Didn't like that. Tried it again and even at 9 days and 5x time progress was still slow so I do agree with you there. I do like doing the animal care and never bothered me having to do it every game day, but if I needed to make an entire load of tmr at faster speeds it could literally take an entire game day to make one single 16k liter load of tmr. Also not good. I wonder if a geo could be bad specifically for players who like to run short 3 or 6 day seasons and increase the chance of weather likewise.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Playing with 6 day, and allways at 4x speed, the reason for the 4x if that it'll give me one ingame hour per 15 minutes. During harvest i might work the fields afther 22.00, but try to awoid that at other times. ( if the clock reaches 22.00, and i got 3 stripes left to seed, i'll finish seeding ofcourse). Only fast forward i do is using the sleep function. And, when starting a new map, i moght freeze the time, or play at 1x while setting up the farm the way i want it, afther that it's 4x.

I go to bed arround 22.30 -23.00 and sleep til atleast 06.00, but no less then 7 hours no matter what. And, yes, i do sometimes watch the grass grow :P

When i play with animals ( witch i usually do), i check up on them twice a day, morning and evening. This includes feeding, cleaning and a walk arround the animals checking their health (yes, i know, doesn't work that way ingame, but i still do that) and give them some human contact.

Finer Timescale Adjustment mod excist, but for pc only
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

When I use Seasons, I set it to 3 days.

Long and, especially, repetitive enough
Ignorance is bliss
wombles

Post by wombles »

I play on six day seasons for the first three or four year's, then move up to nine day's when the farm has expanded. Nine day's is a nice spot when the farm get's going.
Achtung Baby

Post by Achtung Baby »

I'm actually not a huge fan of Seasons on every map I play, only use it on one map for now. Nine days is the most reasonable time for me.
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

I play 9 day seasons exclusively. One day I'll play around with trying longer seasons, but for now 9 days works.

I don't set a consistent timescale. If I have a lot to do, I'll slow it right down. If there's not much, I'll speed it up so much that feeding and watering the cows takes the whole day. Works for me.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:52 am Yes but, the shorter the season length the less chance of weather. Scratch the forum you will see lots of posts asking about/for geos that get snow.
I play on Sandy Bay with Devon GEO currently. It's a coastal area, so the winters are very mild, never had any snow.
As for rain and harvest, I've been lucky so far, even with corn harvest deep into fall.
I tried 3 day Seasons just out of curiosity but turned out it's exactly the way I like to play, compared to the amount of free time I can spare.
Try to experiment with various days and timescale combination, you might be surprised that you like something unexpected.