1%
No votes
2%
5%

Total votes: 110

aklein

Re: Season length poll

Post by aklein »

I have played them all and most of them in a lets play series of some sort. Each has its own unique challenges or benefits to various styles of game-play. IMO the longer season lengths provide a more realistic approach to the game play than the shorter for the reason of typical family owned farm equipment size to field size ratios.

Longer seasons give the player more time to recover from bad weather but it also means the ground temps are slower to change. A 3 day seasons gameplay equates to a month of real time for every in game day. If it rains and you have wet crop for an entire day its like not being able to harvest for an entire month in real life. Where as 24 day seasons a month takes 8 game days so there is much more flexibility and the likelihood of 8 straight days of rain or wet crop condition is far less than one or two days and at 3 and 6 day seasons that can ruin an autumn harvest fairly quick.
aklein

Post by aklein »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:16 am You sure do like your polls. If you use a longer season length you can always use a faster time. Back on 17 some farmers did a 24 day season challenge. One mr FarmerKlein of utoob and forum fame ran his time clock at 24x or 30x can't remember. In his seasons how to vids he made the suggestion of using a clock speed close to your seasons length, i. e. 1x on 3 days, 15x on 12 days, 30x on 24 days. At 5x 4.8 real hours is one 24 hour day, so some of those short winter days at 30x I imagine were mere minutes long in the real world.
Also on 17 had a mod that would let you set your clock speed custom, so you could do away with the goofy 5x 15x 30x and use speeds dividing into 60, 12, or 24. Don't know if it ported over to 19 as I'm on console.
Sir CowsGoMOO, thanks for the claim that I have some sort of fame.

I did 24 day seasons with the clock set at 15X aside from sleeping over the night. I might have bumped winter up to 30 I forget that was so long ago on Churn Farm in Fs17. I did 15 day seasons on Midtown and probably ran 10X or 5X, 12 day seasons on Emerald Coast for close to 7 years in FS17 and FS19 at 5X most of the time. I think I started out on 10X but slowed it down when I owned most of the fields. May have done Rathlin Island on 9 days at 5X. In the early days I would not fast forward time I would try to find a clock speed where I could work from sun up to sundown or a little after sundown and feel I got a fair amount of work done that day. It can be a fine balance between vehicle and implement size and field size to the amount of clock time to work the land to feel right. In general a good balance would be it taking about a game day to work any one given field for cultivation, planting , harvest type work.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

george.earlslight wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:35 pm
I play on Sandy Bay with Devon GEO currently. It's a coastal area, so the winters are very mild, never had any snow.
As for rain and harvest, I've been lucky so far, even with corn harvest deep into fall.
I tried 3 day Seasons just out of curiosity but turned out it's exactly the way I like to play, compared to the amount of free time I can spare.
Try to experiment with various days and timescale combination, you might be surprised that you like something unexpected.
Oxy advises not to use a GEO on Sandy as it's already built in and it causes issues with some of the crops.
JeffFarmer1029

Post by JeffFarmer1029 »

I play on 9 days, generally running at 5x and speed it up to 15x during winter months (Jealous of PC 10x). This gives me enough time to do everything needed for the day without being rushed and trying to work at night.
This game made me convert to PC
GIANTS and Modders, what a game you have teamed up to create! Thank you!
Wannabe farmer with 1 acre in the city
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Why do some maps suggest running 9 seasons? I always wondered that?
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

That is the suggestion from Realismus you o experience the full scope of the seasons
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

Right now I am running stone Valley 2x seasons with ^ your geo ( above post guy) at 6 day seasons so far no problems :coolnew:
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

FSarndrone wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:40 pm Right now I am running stone Valley 2x seasons with ^ your geo ( above post guy) at 6 day seasons so far no problems :coolnew:
Right on 🤙🏼
Right now also I have an early release of my update to the Stone Valley GEO in my Discord!
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

I've always run 21 day on mine, gives it a more realistic feeling to me. Gives you plenty of time to experience the season.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:45 pm
FSarndrone wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:40 pm Right now I am running stone Valley 2x seasons with ^ your geo ( above post guy) at 6 day seasons so far no problems :coolnew:
Right on 🤙🏼
Right now also I have an early release of my update to the Stone Valley GEO in my Discord!
I should join your discord...
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

norfolk farmer wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:13 pm Oxy advises not to use a GEO on Sandy as it's already built in and it causes issues with some of the crops.
I know, I'm also at the discord. The Devon GEO doesn't touch fruits so it's working fine.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

george.earlslight wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:29 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:13 pm Oxy advises not to use a GEO on Sandy as it's already built in and it causes issues with some of the crops.
I know, I'm also at the discord. The Devon GEO doesn't touch fruits so it's working fine.
*thumbsup*
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I play 3 Day Winter, 12 Day Spring, 6 or 9 Day Summer and 12 Days Autumn. Obviously you need to allow yourself plenty of time in the Spring and Autumn to do all your crop planting and harvesting and allow for the chance some days the weather might stop play. For summer I vary the amount of days depending if I'm doing animals or not and need to work out whether I need to do a lot of mowing and baling to get their food. Winter is permanently 3 days, because you can't do anything and feeding animals only takes so much of each day. So much better to skip that season as quickly as possible so 3 Day Winters with 1000x time scale.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

No wonder you can never make hay. Your changing the time scale all the time.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

I do 9 day seasons but I would like it even more I i could do 9 day seasons spring summer and fall and in the winter it was just 3 days. Because I like plowing snow for a while and then it gest boring :lol: