Millennial farms

JamP

Re: Millennial farms

Post by JamP »

Apparently the console version was released with triggers issues. Both the silo and some of the garages are useless to us at the moment.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
Patrick73

Post by Patrick73 »

JamP wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:21 pm Apparently the console version was released with triggers issues. Both the silo and some of the garages are useless to us at the moment.
Ahh well at least we know now...beautiful map though
garyst

Post by garyst »

Leased a pickup and started to drive around to explore the map and hit the invisible boundary at the end of the map then my pickup started floating, flying around, and flipping. Landed and got it back on its wheels but every time I get up to about 30 mph the truck will start floating like there is no gravity again. Anyone else experiencing this?
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:18 pm Just an FYI, for PC players who play with a controller, the game does not have keybindings for the opening of the roller doors in the sheds or operating of the grain silo and dryer. There are keyboard and mouse bindings, but you'll have to make and set your own for Controllers, to use stuff on the map and be able to get the vehicles out the sheds.
Et hem
Did anyone read this^^^
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
Jonhinkerton

Post by Jonhinkerton »

There is some clever shenanigans around the borders that seem to allow the shops to exist outside of the normal boundaries. This allows for more field space and is a rad idea, but you have to be careful about which roads you’re on or else you get caught up in walled space that seems like you should be free to drive in. The lake has weirdness too. This map will need some tour videos. Given how much useless space is in the map (lakes and streams) this feels more like a demonstration by the creators than a true addition of space.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Holy stuff it’s full of bugs
Jonny3355

Post by Jonny3355 »

JamP wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:21 pm Apparently the console version was released with triggers issues. Both the silo and some of the garages are useless to us at the moment.
Then how did it pass console testing finding issues like these are the reason for testing
Xbox one
Jonhinkerton

Post by Jonhinkerton »

Jonny3355 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:39 pm
Then how did it pass console testing finding issues like these are the reason for testing
Probably because no errors happen to log, it just doesn’t work. This could be the first time anyone’s even tried the doors and silos on the console version. Testing third paty stuff in volume can’t cover all details of actual play, just technical needs.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Silo Operation
The Silo’s can be independently like a normal silo the difference being you have to position your vehicle over the unloading grid then go to the Control Panel to select where you want the grain to go and start the Augers then return to your vehicle to start unloading

Load Wet Silo

Position Vehicle/trailer over unloading grids
Exit vehicle and go to Control Panel
Select Keypad –3
Augers will start --return to vehicle and unload crop
Augers will only run for 60sec then reset

Transfer from Wet to Dry silo

Enter shed and move to face Dryer Control Unit.

Select Keypad 5
Panel will light and Dryer will start up
Enter Vehicle –E

Ignore the cruise control prompt (it is deactivated in the xml anyway) this is caused by the transfer conveyor requiring an engine
Select R – Start Filling

Select crop to transfer and select Start
Crop will start to transfer to Dry silo

Disregard references to cruise control (it is disabled anyway)
You will not normally need to do anything else at this stage except to exit vehicle --E

Key R will stop filling of transfer conveyor from Wet Bin
You will then be able to select another crop type to send to the Dryer.
Dryer will automatically run for 120 secs (enough time to transfer 120,000 L) then shut down and will need to be restarted in the shed if need be

Loading/ Unloading Silos

Position Vehicle/trailer under discharge spout
Exit vehicle and go to Control Panel
Select either Keypad 4 or 5 unload Wet -- unload Dry
Return to vehicle and select fill type in the normal way

Rear Silo Augers

Position Vehicle/trailer under discharge spout
Exit vehicle and go to Switch Unit

Select Keypad 4 –Auger will start
Return to vehicle and select fill type in the normal way

Notes:
Capacity of the Dry silo –950000L
Capacity of Wet Silo --120000L

We have done the system this way to enable it to be used without scripts and as such has certain limits and added selections (Cruise control for example).
The Augers and Dryer are timed to 60 sec and 120 sec before resetting to allow triggers to return to default states this is for two reasons.
One is that animations have to run their full course and can only be reset by a negative action they cannot be reset to start from the beginning each time they are run(triggers staying in place on during game and in a save game) and two that there doesn’t appear to be a way of changing the default silo fill sounds to allow flexible run sounds of motors etc to be used.(As was the case in FS17)

A fix for PC Users having problems with Dryer animation

Unzip map

Goto to the defaultVehicles.xml and find the entry for the conveyor

<vehicle id="1" modName="FS19_Millennial_Farmer" filename="$moddir$FS19_Millennial_Farmer/placeables/farmSilos/transfer/beltSystem.xml"

and change the component position from

<component1 position="438.0756 155.1373 -149.3799" rotation="2.6070 -90.0000 0.0000"/>
to
<component1 position="438.662 154.99 -147.892" rotation="0.000 -103.000 0.0000"/>

do the same for the entry in the vehicles.xml in your save game.

Re-zip map

(edited to include dryer fix with Silo operation instructions)
Last edited by TheSuBBie on Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamP

Post by JamP »

Idk, I believe the tests are to see if anything is wrong. That will break or crash the game. Problems in the mods I believe to be the responsibility of the modder.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Jonhinkerton wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:44 pm
Probably because no errors happen to log, it just doesn’t work. This could be the first time anyone’s even tried the doors and silos on the console version. Testing third paty stuff in volume can’t cover all details of actual play, just technical needs.
However Giants own ModHub Testing Guidelines clearly state that every map should be played for 30 minutes in single player to ensure gameplay functions work correctly. So it's not the maps fault that Giants don't follow their own rules for testing anything and only look for code errors. Which by the way they failed on too, because the BGA on the map has one of those l110_missing text or data from xml file errors.

Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Ah, now I don't feel so bad about forcing myself to wait.

Thanks for helping me save a 1/2 gig of data usage.
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

I am going to download it anyway :hi:
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Unfortunately it isnt worth a download for console players, but if you play on pc it is all good as far as I know.
Jonny3355

Post by Jonny3355 »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:51 pm
Jonhinkerton wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:44 pm
However Giants own ModHub Testing Guidelines clearly state that every map should be played for 30 minutes in single player to ensure gameplay functions work correctly. So it's not the maps fault that Giants don't follow their own rules for testing anything and only look for code errors. Which by the way they failed on too, because the BGA on the map has one of those l110_missing text or data from xml file errors.

So it should not beout
Xbox one