Millennial farms

GBFarms
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:05 pm

Re: Millennial farms

Post by GBFarms » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:37 pm

cwattyeso wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:18 pm
I'm was not saying Modders should cease posting all screenshots and updates when they are making and releasing a mod, but maybe just tone it down and back a fraction. Show us a nice picture to announce what mod you are working on next and then maybe refrain from posting anything else until it's actually in the game working and you are testing and bug fixing then show us some pictures of it in action to remind everyone it's coming along okay, and then finally when you can actually post "The mod is finished, here is the download link" then include some more pictures and that to me would be enough. The biggest thing is to stop hinting or suggesting at a release date/time when they have no control over that, unless they are releasing the mod themselves via their own site or download options.

I follow enough mod groups and sometimes my facebook timeline becomes so annoying when I see yet another bunch of pictures of a mod that, I've been seeing pictures of for three months, I click on the post expecting to find good news and a download button only to find it's yet another progress report, where they are excited they have just added new hi-resolution 3D bolts to a small part of it, or are asking for the page to get 5000 likes or something before they'll announce their next mod (The one after this one we're waiting for them to finish). The natural reaction for anyone here is to start to wonder if the mod will ever be released.
GBFarms wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:56 pm
All in all I think it’s like saying movies shouldn’t have trailers or car manufacturers shouldn’t show concept cars.
I don't mind movies having teaser trailers, to announce films releasing in a few months/a years time. I do object to the constant stream of trailers which ultimately end up showing the whole film before it's released. As for car manufacturers with Concept Cars again I would liken this to a Mod Author who makes a mod for their own private use but then wants to go posting pictures of it everywhere to taunt players with a "Look what I have and you'll never have it." approach. I think Private Mods or Concept Mods should remain just exactly that, Private. Why advertise something you are never going to release to the public or the entire player base?
Whether it’s cars, movies or mods on FS, all creators put in their valued time and effort and want to promote their creations. While valid I feel like your response is directly a “no it’s not” simply for the sake of it.
Concept cars do release; Audi Q7, Nissan GTR to name a few.
Your response to movies seems to me, an issue with the film industry (lookin’ at you fast n furious). Some films do get cancelled or delayed which is a downer however that’s exactly the same as mods in testing. Things don’t go to plan and Giant’s mod system is flawed leaving more room for error than needed.

I get that it’s frustrating when something you want disappears without valid reason.

For example however, I’ve been watching Oxy for months on chellington & calmsden. I think the way he does it is correct. No release dates, no false promises, just photos and eventually there’ll be a “in testing now” post.
Xbox one.
Instagram: GBFarms_FS19

brewcrewer
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:02 am

Re: Millennial farms

Post by brewcrewer » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:22 am

I don't mind the modders posting updates, what I really want to see done away with is the daily testing list. Its so nice when they don't put them out for whatever reason and mods just get released. Adds a nice element of surprise

User avatar
fenixguy
Posts: 2943
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: NC Mountains

Re: Millennial farms

Post by fenixguy » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:20 am

The testing list was started because the community asked for it.

Modders give updates because their fans ask for it.

No one is forced to look at either.
Raising corn and soybeans in Stone Valley.

Illinois Farmer
Posts: 3785
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Re: Millennial farms

Post by Illinois Farmer » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:23 am

brewcrewer wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:22 am
I don't mind the modders posting updates, what I really want to see done away with is the daily testing list. Its so nice when they don't put them out for whatever reason and mods just get released. Adds a nice element of surprise
Why look at it if you don't want the testing list? I ignore it 3/4 of the time now a days.
1280 acre farm, 3300 hogs, 200 cattle, and xbox one user and pc user.

raran
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:52 am

Re: Millennial farms

Post by raran » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:28 am

brewcrewer wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:22 am
I don't mind the modders posting updates, what I really want to see done away with is the daily testing list. Its so nice when they don't put them out for whatever reason and mods just get released. Adds a nice element of surprise
Something has to go because you don't have the dicipline to not click a topic? :lol:

GBFarms
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:05 pm

Re: Millennial farms

Post by GBFarms » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:01 am

raran wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:28 am
brewcrewer wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:22 am
I don't mind the modders posting updates, what I really want to see done away with is the daily testing list. Its so nice when they don't put them out for whatever reason and mods just get released. Adds a nice element of surprise
Something has to go because you don't have the dicipline to not click a topic? :lol:
This is the issue with modern culture. People lack willpower and discipline and need the powers that be to control them.

Same kind of people are first to complain at being controlled too lol.
Xbox one.
Instagram: GBFarms_FS19

brewcrewer
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:02 am

Re: Millennial farms

Post by brewcrewer » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:41 pm

Did I say I look at them? If they were gone you eliminate half the problem of people getting in an uproar when stuff isn't released. Thanks for assuming though

User avatar
fenixguy
Posts: 2943
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: NC Mountains

Re: Millennial farms

Post by fenixguy » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:06 pm

brewcrewer wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:41 pm
Did I say I look at them?
Yeah, you kinda did:
brewcrewer wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:22 am
I don't mind the modders posting updates, what I really want to see done away with is the daily testing list. Its so nice when they don't put them out for whatever reason and mods just get released. Adds a nice element of surprise
If you don't look at the testing list, that "nice element of surprise" would still be there.

Either way, again the testing list was started because the community asked for it. It's completely voluntary if you look at it and ruin the element of surprise. But this really has nothing to do with the Millenial Farms map as those updates came directly from the modder. Which, again, gave updates because the community asked for them. I personally haven't followed them so if the map ever did get released and I played it, it would be totally fresh and un-spoiled for me, so to speak.
Raising corn and soybeans in Stone Valley.

eric21
Posts: 6425
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:48 pm

Re: Millennial farms

Post by eric21 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:22 pm

brewcrewer wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:41 pm
Did I say I look at them? If they were gone you eliminate half the problem of people getting in an uproar when stuff isn't released. Thanks for assuming though
You also didn't say you dont

moonwalker_1994
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 12:42 pm

Re: Millennial farms

Post by moonwalker_1994 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:06 pm

Giants releasing a mod on modhub that has a shop outside the border and everything seems ok....then the updated version of the map shows up in their testing list they're like "oh look...a shop outside the border...no way!". :confusednew:

Wake up Giants...The Subbie and Mappers Paradise have been working on this thing for so long! It's getting disrespectful to them by now...they've sent the map so many times for testing! People are going crazy over this map and rightfully so...

I'm not a fan of this but i would say if it doesn't pass testing again guys then release it on the facebook page at least for your and Millennial Farmer's fans who have been waiting on this for so long! It's a great map...no way this map isn't coming to FS19! *thumbsup*

njuska11
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:16 pm

Re: Millennial farms

Post by njuska11 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:28 pm

moonwalker_1994 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:06 pm
Giants releasing a mod on modhub that has a shop outside the border and everything seems ok....then the updated version of the map shows up in their testing list they're like "oh look...a shop outside the border...no way!". :confusednew:

Wake up Giants...The Subbie and Mappers Paradise have been working on this thing for so long! It's getting disrespectful to them by now...they've sent the map so many times for testing! People are going crazy over this map and rightfully so...

I'm not a fan of this but i would say if it doesn't pass testing again guys then release it on the facebook page at least for your and Millennial Farmer's fans who have been waiting on this for so long! It's a great map...no way this map isn't coming to FS19! *thumbsup*
:this: :this: :this: :this: :this: :this:

eric21
Posts: 6425
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:48 pm

Re: Millennial farms

Post by eric21 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:46 pm

moonwalker_1994 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:06 pm
Giants releasing a mod on modhub that has a shop outside the border and everything seems ok....then the updated version of the map shows up in their testing list they're like "oh look...a shop outside the border...no way!". :confusednew:

Wake up Giants...The Subbie and Mappers Paradise have been working on this thing for so long! It's getting disrespectful to them by now...they've sent the map so many times for testing! People are going crazy over this map and rightfully so...

I'm not a fan of this but i would say if it doesn't pass testing again guys then release it on the facebook page at least for your and Millennial Farmer's fans who have been waiting on this for so long! It's a great map...no way this map isn't coming to FS19! *thumbsup*
You do realise mappers paradise can say yes or no in order when to put the map on modhub?

User avatar
redglasses
Posts: 5805
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:01 pm
Location: Farming land, Canada

Re: Millennial farms

Post by redglasses » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:28 pm

fenixguy wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:06 pm
brewcrewer wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:41 pm
Did I say I look at them?
Yeah, you kinda did:
brewcrewer wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:22 am
I don't mind the modders posting updates, what I really want to see done away with is the daily testing list. Its so nice when they don't put them out for whatever reason and mods just get released. Adds a nice element of surprise
If you don't look at the testing list, that "nice element of surprise" would still be there.

Either way, again the testing list was started because the community asked for it. It's completely voluntary if you look at it and ruin the element of surprise. But this really has nothing to do with the Millenial Farms map as those updates came directly from the modder. Which, again, gave updates because the community asked for them. I personally haven't followed them so if the map ever did get released and I played it, it would be totally fresh and un-spoiled for me, so to speak.
I think you are missing the point he is trying to make, he doesn’t want other people to look at it. It’s causing people to get all hyped up only to be let down, then threads like this appear on the forum.
Playing on xbox one
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer

User avatar
fenixguy
Posts: 2943
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: NC Mountains

Re: Millennial farms

Post by fenixguy » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:24 pm

redglasses wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:28 pm
he doesn’t want other people to look at it.
Well, bless his heart... :lol:
redglasses wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:28 pm
It’s causing people to get all hyped up only to be let down, then threads like this appear on the forum.
And bless their hearts too... :lol:

Viewing, getting triggered by, and replying/participating in threads like this is also completely voluntary. The hype, subsequent meltdowns, and discussions over mods in a farming game are almost as entertaining as the game itself, literally why I'm even viewing this thread. I'm genuinely reminding everyone that if the mod testing list, Mapper's Paradise updates, or this thread itself (or any others like it) is troubling to you, it is up to you to not view it.
Raising corn and soybeans in Stone Valley.

User avatar
3rd pedal
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:27 am

Re: Millennial farms

Post by 3rd pedal » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:33 pm

on a light note for us pc players. expect a 16x version of MMF map coming soon in your folder! (it's in the works as we speak) my heart goes out for you console guys! :D

Post Reply