Millennial farms

Ritchie

Re: Millennial farms

Post by Ritchie »

The general hysteria that seems to surround American themed mods could do with being dialed back a few notches. For those that haven't realised it yet, mods are a bonus provided by fellow players and there is no obligation on the part of those that mod to provide anything to anyone. I don't think modders necessarily do themselves any favours by publishing WIP on social media, but the negative responses they sometimes receive is never warranted. It has been proven time and again that the "community" has a severe lack of patience.
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

Maybe next time they should refrain from posting release dates

Edit: I'm not saying that as a rub. I'm serious....modders need to stick to the " this is what I'm working on and this is where I'm at". That's it. Clean and simple no promises.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

That was always strange as unless it is a non modhub mod then I can't see why they would post release dates as they don't have control over it.
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

I wasn’t going to post anything, but the more I think about it, the more it frustrates me. What I do not understand is that the console ver passed and is pending my release with guides and no the new consoles do not change the guidelines. What bothers me the most is they kept hyping the map, putting release dates, and all these teasers to now shelving the map because of PC fails that can be fixed. It’s a real shame to Zach Johnson and the people that enjoy playing fs19. I could only imagine Zach being frustrated too. As someone said, this isn’t the environment to start testing things. Should have don’t that on a test ver
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

No one is more frustrated than mappers paradise. I'm sure Zach doesn't even really care. Plus, mappers could send him the files what they have done already. Also, modders can try new things on any of their creations. For those of you complaining, just remember you didn't have to waste any time on making this map, so move on from it. If you are that frustrated that a map isn't coming out, than you might need a new hobby. Just play a different map.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

When did they EVER post a release date? All I have ever seen is, "its been sent in, hopefully this week". Thats just a status update not a release date
Playing on PC and PS4
texasplowboy

Post by texasplowboy »

So no mn map for pc from what I am seeing. To bad good map to. Anyone who is looking for another map (reminds me of my parents farm in Texas) you might try Clarke Farms. Its one of my favorite maps in FS19. I have had no issue with it.
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

Drmattymd wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:21 pm When did they EVER post a release date? All I have ever seen is, "its been sent in, hopefully this week". Thats just a status update not a release date
If you look at their Facebook page, October 23rd post states be released next week. What baffles me is to why don’t they continue to work on it, contact giants to see what the problem is.
Last edited by sittinhere on Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

sittinhere wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:30 pm
If you look at their Facebook page, October 23rd post states map will be released next week. But anyhow, to Illinoisfarmer. It is the concept of MP putting out release dates or tentative dates to pulling it that people are frustrated with. People have the right to be frustrated. What baffles me is to why don’t they continue to work on it, contact giants to see what the problem is.
What gives you the right to be frustrated please do tell.
Edit: everything depends on testing, if at this stage in the game you haven’t figured that out your either new, in which case now you know, or you have your head in the sand.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Honkyfarmer wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:44 pm Maybe next time they should refrain from posting release dates

Edit: I'm not saying that as a rub. I'm serious....modders need to stick to the " this is what I'm working on and this is where I'm at". That's it. Clean and simple no promises.
I would even add to this stop posting pictures and teaser images every five minutes on your facebooks and instagrams as well. As much as you want to show off what your working on this just leads to players getting impatient and wanting to play it as soon as. Also whilst your taking all this time to post these pictures and write your cute little status updates and progress reports you're taking time away from the editor and actually working on the mod as well as testing and bug fixing it. Honestly I'd prefer modders work in silence, and then release their mods when they are finished and fully tested and we can be pleasantly surprised and excited when these mods drop from out of nowhere into our games. Surely modders taking pressure off themselves to deliver a product in a certain time must be better then the situation many get themselves into now.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Plage

Post by Plage »

cwattyeso wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:43 pmI would even add to this stop posting pictures and teaser images every five minutes on your facebooks and instagrams as well. As much as you want to show off what your working on this just leads to players getting impatient and wanting to play it as soon as. Also whilst your taking all this time to post these pictures and write your cute little status updates and progress reports you're taking time away from the editor and actually working on the mod as well as testing and bug fixing it. Honestly I'd prefer modders work in silence, and then release their mods when they are finished and fully tested and we can be pleasantly surprised and excited when these mods drop from out of nowhere into our games. Surely modders taking pressure off themselves to deliver a product in a certain time must be better then the situation many get themselves into now.
I'd say it's not up to you or anybody else to tell modders how and what to use their time for. If 90% of a modder's time is used to post WIP pictures it's his business not yours. I know you're saying this with a good intention but infact you're just adding another point to the frustration list. Please think about it this way, thanks.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I would think the people upset about a map not being released have thin skin. Just a play a different one. You people that are upset about it are acting like spoil children not getting a certain toy for Christmas. Just play a different one and move on.
Last edited by Illinois Farmer on Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

Mwal wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:38 pm
sittinhere wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:30 pm
If you look at their Facebook page, October 23rd post states map will be released next week. But anyhow, to Illinoisfarmer. It is the concept of MP putting out release dates or tentative dates to pulling it that people are frustrated with. People have the right to be frustrated. What baffles me is to why don’t they continue to work on it, contact giants to see what the problem is.

What gives you the right to be frustrated please do tell.
Edit: everything depends on testing, if at this stage in the game you haven’t figured that out your either new, in which case now you know, or you have your head in the sand.
I’ve been playing FS games since they have been out on pc. Not new by any means, Everything does depend on testing so don’t you think it would be wise not to state such facts about a release date, I am frustrated with MP and I have that right. I am frustrated that they make promises to which they end up shelving the project. I can understand their frustration as well, but I do not believe their course of action should be shelving the project. I am very grateful to all the modders for their work in which a lot of them I support.

Does that answer your question Mwai?
Last edited by sittinhere on Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brewcrewer

Post by brewcrewer »

1. People can feel however they want. Quit trying to fit them in whatever bubble you want them in
2. "Play another map"......well yea. That doesn't mean people can't get disappointed about this one.

Any other map or mod and this happens, people wouldn't be as mad or sad or whatever it is they are about it. Lets not pretend this is some random map based on some general area in the world. Its a real map of a real farm with a gigantic following on social media and YouTube. Emotions will come into play more with players and fans than they would on any regular map that gets released.

Play how you want, feel how you want.....but quit telling people they can't be upset or that they're "spoiled kids" for how they feel about this news. I got a boatload of corn to get in on Stone Valley......peace out
Honkyfarmer

Post by Honkyfarmer »

brewcrewer wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:52 pm 1. People can feel however they want. Quit trying to fit them in whatever bubble you want them in
2. "Play another map"......well yea. That doesn't mean people can't get disappointed about this one.

Any other map or mod and this happens, people wouldn't be as mad or sad or whatever it is they are about it. Lets not pretend this is some random map based on some general area in the world. Its a real map of a real farm with a gigantic following on social media and YouTube. Emotions will come into play more with players and fans than they would on any regular map that gets released.

Play how you want, feel how you want.....but quit telling people they can't be upset or that they're "spoiled kids" for how they feel about this news. I got a boatload of corn to get in on Stone Valley......peace out
This is what I was trying to convey as well but apparently it fell on deaf ears. You will know you hit a chord when they resort to name calling or telling you that you have a guilty conscious lol