Multi-liquid tanks, are they realistic?

CaptGoodvibes

Multi-liquid tanks, are they realistic?

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Is it realistic to use one liquid tank for multiple different liquids? Do water and milk and diesel and fertilizer routinely go in the same tank IRL? If I wanted to play with realism, would I use four different tanks for these liquids? Thanks
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
rr38

Re: Multi-liquid tanks, are they realistic?

Post by rr38 »

No they are not. Irl a farmer where i live in the US would only usually have a small diesel tank in his truck and a large stationary diesel tank on the farm that is the main source of fuel. I have never seen a farmer haul a semi load of fuel to his farm, they always have it delivered by a fuel company. Milk is transported in sanitary tankers and liquid fert usually is mixed on site. Most guys have a tender trailer or truck that has a tank or tanks with plain water. Then they add in whatever chemicals they want and pump that into the sprayer. Water tankers arent very common around here but i wouldnt mix fert or fuel into drinking water for livestock.
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

rr38 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:08 pm No they are not. Irl a farmer where i live in the US would only usually have a small diesel tank in his truck and a large stationary diesel tank on the farm that is the main source of fuel. I have never seen a farmer haul a semi load of fuel to his farm, they always have it delivered by a fuel company. Milk is transported in sanitary tankers and liquid fert usually is mixed on site. Most guys have a tender trailer or truck that has a tank or tanks with plain water. Then they add in whatever chemicals they want and pump that into the sprayer. Water tankers arent very common around here but i wouldnt mix fert or fuel into drinking water for livestock.
Thank you.

I'm no longer sharing milk and water. I never shared those with diesel but I just downloaded a trailer that held every liquid and wasn't sure.

Cheers!
PS4
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Doing something like this would require steaming the tanker plus they need to be inspected and lots of paces require tamper evident seals. Most importantly if you are using a diesel tanker to haul milk they have baffles in them by the time you got to the creamery you would have butter not milk. In some cases tankers have multiple sealed compartments like when they go to the gas station with different types of gas. I would have to bust out the hazmat book to see about fert and diesel and see what’s ok because obviously certain types of those make a bomb. I don’t keep up on it enough the only thing I ever do is haul a little fuel for my job here and there when they need me to.
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

Get a tank that supports mulitcolors. That way you can have a different tank for each thing. Say white or chrome for milk, blue for water, green or yellow for diesel, etc.
Playing on PC
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Legally speaking I don't think you could put fuel in a food grade tanker and still use it anymore. Chemical tankers, fuel tankers and milk tankers are all different anyway. I did just download the Utility tank trailer for hauling fert around Stone Valley tho.

Alas to a point its whatever you want to do. If you just want one trailer to haul around instead of finding space to park six, go for it.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Phantoms wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:58 pm Get a tank that supports mulitcolors. That way you can have a different tank for each thing. Say white or chrome for milk, blue for water, green or yellow for diesel, etc.
I got the mod that has water, milk, and diesel tanks and can change color and add decals. Very cool. I wasn't able to use the diesel tank to overfill my diesel tank at the cow farm on the Little Norton map so still using the multi-liquid cheater tank that holds 25kl in the 8kl in-game tank model.

But yes, matte chrome for water, white for milk, default orange for diesel. I can tow one with the NH T4.55 if I make the time and plan for hills. :D

Cheers!
PS4
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:33 pm Legally speaking I don't think you could put fuel in a food grade tanker and still use it anymore. Chemical tankers, fuel tankers and milk tankers are all different anyway. I did just download the Utility tank trailer for hauling fert around Stone Valley tho.

Alas to a point its whatever you want to do. If you just want one trailer to haul around instead of finding space to park six, go for it.
Exactly! Sometimes I want to suffer the pains of trying to play "authentically," and other times, I need to make a beeline across my neighbors' fields to achieve some unrealistic goal.

Cheers!
PS4
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

CaptGoodvibes wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:00 am
Exactly! Sometimes I want to suffer the pains of trying to play "authentically," and other times, I need to make a beeline across my neighbors' fields to achieve some unrealistic goal.

Cheers!
Sounds like me lol. Lately been taking advantage of hedges with no collisions on Sandy Bay, fair warning though that also means no bale collisions. Found that out the 'fun' way. But that Krone baler with fillable net wrap is so cool.
Let's get some cows!
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:08 am
CaptGoodvibes wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:00 am

Cheers!
Sounds like me lol. Lately been taking advantage of hedges with no collisions on Sandy Bay, fair warning though that also means no bale collisions. Found that out the 'fun' way. But that Krone baler with fillable net wrap is so cool.
So it’s the bales that hang me up when I try to drive across an English map? Haha!
PS4
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Hedges, walls, fences, line poles they can all have collisions that's what stops you from driving thru them. They can also have a collision that will only stop bales or combine headers, but anything else can just roll right thru. Unfortunately map modders tend to think everything has to have a collision block on it and can't exist with out it. Hedges and walls I can deal with but 6 or 7 line poles across a field just no reason they HAVE to have a collision on it. You start with a field on Sandy Bay like that and I'm looking at another field to work so I can sell the pole field.

Getting off topic for this post tho.
Let's get some cows!
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
ninjayx02

Post by ninjayx02 »

Have a look https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019. I thought the same, so if you want it to haul something different, you have to return to the store of workshop and change what it can carry
Redeye1960

Post by Redeye1960 »

CaptGoodvibes wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:01 pm Is it realistic to use one liquid tank for multiple different liquids? Do water and milk and diesel and fertilizer routinely go in the same tank IRL? If I wanted to play with realism, would I use four different tanks for these liquids? Thanks
With a IT runner pack you can buy a tank form every liquid you need to transport.
They have a tank for every liquid an there is even a marking on the tank wath liquid it is for.
So you can change color and ther is a marking on the tank.
FS 22 PC (with handcontroler PS4)

PC specs: Processor i5 9600K, RAM 16 Gb DDR4 3200 Mhz, Video ASUS Strix Force RTX 2070 super OC, Monitor LG 27GL850
Redeye1960

Post by Redeye1960 »

CaptGoodvibes wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:01 pm Is it realistic to use one liquid tank for multiple different liquids? Do water and milk and diesel and fertilizer routinely go in the same tank IRL? If I wanted to play with realism, would I use four different tanks for these liquids? Thanks
I use ITRunner 26.23 HD Pack by Agrartechnik Nordeifel
FS 22 PC (with handcontroler PS4)

PC specs: Processor i5 9600K, RAM 16 Gb DDR4 3200 Mhz, Video ASUS Strix Force RTX 2070 super OC, Monitor LG 27GL850