Alpine farming expansion

Pict

Re: Alpine farming expansion

Post by Pict »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:32 am Nothing in the dlc was american except a few names. Stara and I think TT and Randon are from Brazil, I think Bessner is from Australia, the Massey are not from american market, and map was south american. The ecuador geo was made for estancia.
:lol:

TT, like Bessner is Australian.

Stara & Randon are both from Brasil, which is in America and whose people, flora, fauna and produce are by definition American.

Same applies to Equador.

I think some of you need to do some geographical research before making comments on a an international forum. If you mean the USA, then say the USA. Not to say that the USA is not in America or it's people etc., are not American, they certainly are, just the same as Brasil and it people etc. However the USA is not the only American country, by a very long way.

Even Wikipeia get this right.

"The meaning of the word American in the English language varies according to the historical, geographical, and political context in which it is used. American is derived from America, a term originally denoting all of the New World (also called the Americas)."
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Lexie wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:53 am Why should everything has to be from the US like maps and equipment? There is more in the world than US only.
But Lexie, don’t you get it?!

The US = The world

That’s why they’re world champions when they win the national league.

Anyways... trains.
Trains would be a lot more useful if you had a camera viewpoint for every wagon
Ignorance is bliss
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Gessner was the only Australian brand in the 17 platinum DLC. TT isnt from Australia, or at least I haven't seen it in my travels around Australia. 🤔🤔
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

iwan073 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:42 am
Lexie wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:53 am Why should everything has to be from the US like maps and equipment? There is more in the world than US only.
But Lexie, don’t you get it?!

The US = The world

Yes, that's how they think and everything has to be big, small things are not good enough for appreciating :lol:
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

I do not care what country a map or equipment is from as long as it is fun to play.

I would play on a banana farm if it was released today, and I live in Pennsylvania, U.S. where you probably couldn't even get a banana to grow inside a greenhouse.
Harrymurdoch2020

Post by Harrymurdoch2020 »

It's OK was expecting new Holland t8 genisus and the two sprayers pack map I like however not the equipment a bit disappointing
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I like that there's more small stuff and hope that is expanded in the next game. There's too many gigantic equipment for FS (for example in the base came the 'small tractor' category has 10 items, 'medium' has 12 and 'large' has 21!). I can't help but feel it would have been more popular if had been older classic stuff (60s, 70s and perhaps 80s themed).

The map itself has some stunning aspects. Some premiered or inspired by modders (decent distance borders and houses which look like they have rooms) which is fine, and others just improved and look very smart (some of the foliage, trees and buildings).

The issue will be that it will still be a GIANTS map and the drawbacks that entails (little realism and square, borderless fields) but they're getting better at other things. Some will enjoy it so that's fine.

cwattyeso wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:09 am Exactly, with them announcing FarmCon21 taking place at Deutz Fahr next year, you can probably expect them to announce there that Deutz are the cover brand for their next actual game in the series.
My thinking is that Deutz-Fahr was planned as the final DLC, hence FarmCon 20 at the Deutz-Fahr Arena, but as you say with it being postponed until FarmCon 21, Deutz-Fahr will be the cover brand for that instead.

Instead they brought forward some of the tools planned for FS2x. Some of these are items which were intended to be replacing or in addition to existing equipment in the FS2x line-up. That's why it's effectively more of the same in terms of size and function to a degree. I don't mind that. The map was probably intended for FS2x too.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Maybe, also new grass textures and new trees and by bringing alpine regions, maybe they are trying to implement snow or seasons in the next game. I see this is like a preview of what could come. Also anyone noticed the cows are fatter?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Lexie wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:53 am
South America is America too, not US as country but it is on continent America, the same as Canada is on the same continent.
The new map is clearly a Swiss map, it's a European map, but not from the European country I live.

Why should everything has to be from the US like maps and equipment? There is more in the world than US only.
You do know south and north America are different continents? It is a different as England and Asia. Also saying Canada is the same as the us is saying everything from the uk is the same as Germany. I'm not saying everything has to be. I'm just pointing out, your claims about everything being America is wrong. Aslo when you say that's American everyone assumed us because it is United states of America hence being American. If you talk about Canada, you say Canadian.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Pict wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:09 am :lol:

TT, like Bessner is Australian.

Stara & Randon are both from Brasil, which is in America and whose people, flora, fauna and produce are by definition American.

Same applies to Equador.

I think some of you need to do some geographical research before making comments on a an international forum. If you mean the USA, then say the USA. Not to say that the USA is not in America or it's people etc., are not American, they certainly are, just the same as Brasil and it people etc. However the USA is not the only American country, by a very long way.

Even Wikipeia get this right.

"The meaning of the word American in the English language varies according to the historical, geographical, and political context in which it is used. American is derived from America, a term originally denoting all of the New World (also called the Americas)."
I like you say people need to sii their research when you are way off. Go to more research. I know people from Brazil, and Canada. I have close friends from each so let me start you off like lexie. It is called untied states of America hence if you are from there you are American. Anytime it is American that's from United states. If your from brazil, you are Brazilian. Never once are they referred to as America because their country is brazil. Same goes as Canada. They are Canadian. My friends would be insulted that you think Canada and United states is the same. Mine as well think all Germany and England is the same or since you think south and north America is the same as Europe and Asia.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

I'll tell you my personal opinion and of course I never claim I am correct. I think 19,99 for this DLC is too much, come on Giants the same price as Claas DLC ? For what ? for few PÖTTINGER equipment and some electric small tractors with a new map ?

When I looked at PÖTTINGER IMPRESS 125FC PRO , it reminds me the KUHN FBP 3135 !!!

19,99 for Rigitrac, AEBI and Lindner ? when there is already a great Lindner mod in Modhub?

Lindner Unitrac Pack by Vector Man
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

19,99 ? Are we serious ? 19,99 for Claas 19,99 for Alpine ? this DLC should be free but if you want to charge a price, then 4,99 would be more than enough.
Personally I'll pass. Thanx but no thanx :lol:

Of course, is up to each player to decide if he/she will buy this new DLC . Every player has the right to decide. I'll choose to deny to continue to be part of "milking the cow" strategy.

Happy Farming *thumbsup*
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

iwan073 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:42 am
Or maybe because there is baseball teams in more than one country?
Lexie wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:53 am
South America is America too, not US as country but it is on continent America, the same as Canada is on the same continent.
Yes and South Americans are South Americans and North Americans are North Americans just like Europeans are Europeans and not Eurasians. The term American is derived from the AMERICA part of The United States Of America. We are the only country here to incorporate the America part into the name of our country that’s why we use it. Not in a continental context like everyone hates us for. To add to this I’m pretty sure European explorers coined the term for the native population and we adopted it after colonization. Why so much American hate anyway I’m sure someone said something here I didn’t read but c’mon everyone has their bad apples I mean we have fought a few pretty big wars over there about some of your bad apples and we don’t dredge that up every time our butt gets hurt.
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

EURO_FARMER wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:11 pm
19,99 ? Are we serious ? 19,99 for Claas 19,99 for Alpine ? this DLC should be free but if you want to charge a price, then 4,99 would be more than enough.
Personally I'll pass. Thanx but no thanx :lol:
Platinum expansion has 35 pieces of equipment and vehicles. Alpine expansion will have 30 pieces and a new map with new textures and whatnot. The equipment aside, Maps take a TON of work. The map alone is worth a couple bucks of the DLC cost. I definitely get it if this is not your style of map, its not really my style either. But I still know its value. The equipment also may be just the wrong style for your preferred type of play, but that doesn't decrease its pure value. If modders charged for the mods we have, you'd likely be flabbergasted at how much they'd have to charge for the amount of work put into them.

I had the same thought about the Kverneland DLC. At first I was very disappointed about the $15 price tag since the baler was the only thing I was interested in. But then I had to take a step back and realize that pack contains 20 models, so of course its going to cost more even if I don't care about the other 19.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

MrSquealypig wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:01 am I do not care what country a map or equipment is from as long as it is fun to play.

I would play on a banana farm if it was released today, and I live in Pennsylvania, U.S. where you probably couldn't even get a banana to grow inside a greenhouse.
My neighbor tried to grow a banana tree in his yard once. I told him it was a bad idea. It died.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:10 pm
MrSquealypig wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:01 am I do not care what country a map or equipment is from as long as it is fun to play.

My neighbor tried to grow a banana tree in his yard once. I told him it was a bad idea. It died.
lol. I've thought about it. We had a guy working for us that is from Miami, and he was telling us how he had them in his backyard down there. So we were doing all types of "research" at work. We found out it's pretty much impossible even if we had a greenhouse.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----