Nmc bulldozer/ Steiger mods

Boost_GLR

Re: Nmc bulldozer/ Steiger mods

Post by Boost_GLR »

Apparently they use (or used) D11's for vineyards in California. Found this info on wiki. Kinda cool.

Agricultural ripping allows rocky or very hard earth to be broken up so that otherwise unarable land can be used for agriculture. For example, much of the best land in the California wine country consists of old lava flows. Ripping shatters the lava, allowing the growth of wine grapes. Hard earth can also be ripped and decompacted to allow the planting of orchards which otherwise could not grow on the land.
FS22 on Xbox Series X. But play the older titles on PC.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

If you're filling huge clamps with 2mil litres silage, you can easily justify this (ingame).
IRL I think some farms use smaller models (D7 etc) for earth moving.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

D6 is probably one of the most common unless you are in dry areas or places with rocky soil then you tend to see bigger cats like 8-10s being much more common. Personally I have never seen or heard of an 11 anywhere other than a mine though, weighing over 200,000 pounds doesn’t make it impossible to move but it would be a lot of work and money. I thought NMC did a really nice job looks big, feels big, stands out like a big yellow sore thumb haha, pretty cool to see one in game. Also I am by no means claiming to be an expert on this either, things could be different in other places my info only comes from 15 years of heavy equipment operating and traveling a fair amount.
RogsR35UK

Post by RogsR35UK »

I do have a slight issue with that Steiger in that Customisation is slow to say the least. You click an option and wait for the game to react. Admittedly playing on consoles. If anything the PS4 version (running a Pro at 1080P) is worse that the Xbox One (original type) for speed of selection.

I have yet to try it out, but it does look great. I must also give that D11 a go.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

RogsR35UK wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:20 am I do have a slight issue with that Steiger in that Customisation is slow to say the least. You click an option and wait for the game to react. Admittedly playing on consoles. If anything the PS4 version (running a Pro at 1080P) is worse that the Xbox One (original type) for speed of selection.

I have yet to try it out, but it does look great. I must also give that D11 a go.
+1

It's a great mod, but selecting options lags badly on Xbox and if you turn hard left or right it will lift off the ground. But the turbo whistle takes the cake for me. 👍
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
garyst

Post by garyst »

If you use the lsw 1400's it will turn alot better and not lift as bad as the other wheel options.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Do frame sizes make a difference in turning?
garyst

Post by garyst »

No frame sizes don't seem to make a difference in turning.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I'm betting nefg will be working on a fix for the turning...he's a good modder that listens to players who report issues which this has been. I see his cultivator and crumbler is back in testing...maybe fixed the issue where the crumbler won't stay down when hire a worker
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

The interior of the Steiger is very detailed isn't it. I love how the gear stick/throttle moves on it when the tractor accelerates.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

I think the interior is fantastic, other than the left hand reverserImage
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Yeah, the shuttle shift doesn't move, but that could be fixed. 🙂

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

JamP

Post by JamP »

How are you transporting the Bulldozer? I tried in many ways and ended up painfully going through the entire map with it. :(
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Yeahrightio wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:43 am Yeah, the shuttle shift doesn't move, but that could be fixed. 🙂
Actually, it is the wrong one at least for the older ones in the pack.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

JamP wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:39 pm How are you transporting the Bulldozer? I tried in many ways and ended up painfully going through the entire map with it. :(
I used courseplay but nmc said to use their kingrail or I would use a detachable gooseneck trailer. Also haul it in pieces.

Or try like some mines move em haha