Me logging after an hour LOL

CaptGoodvibes

Re: Me logging after an hour LOL

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

I don't see a yarder on mod hub so will have to keep working the forwarder crane twice...
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

CaptGoodvibes wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:31 am I don't see a yarder on mod hub so will have to keep working the forwarder crane twice...
https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2019
http://www.modhub.us/farming-simulator- ... 2yarder-1/
http://www.modhub.us/farming-simulator- ... -v1-0-0-0/
the middle one is the best the top is the most realistic and the bottom is closer to a crane...
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
I don't have any form of social media nor discord FYI
Ban time total: 7 days
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

None are available for console unfortunately. I believe captain is on console.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Notes to keep to the ModHub when finding logging mods to do the challenge
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

CaptGoodvibes wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:31 am I don't see a yarder on mod hub so will have to keep working the forwarder crane twice...
I believe everything I used except the yarder is on the mod hub for console in some form or another and I didn’t use it to get those logs I just cleared a landing for it for future use. I would highly recommend the fellerbunchers on the hub for over the in game Buffalo articulated processor, it just doesn’t jive well with logs in game all the back and forth makes a mess and flings and flails stuff everywhere if you aren’t using joysticks. The three mods that will make this easy and enjoyable in my opinion are as follows
1: trailer
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019 You can’t beat a side dumping trailer they are just so quick and easy.
2: Cutter/processor
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
The processor on this type of platform is so much better than the scorpion king because you have 360 degrees of unobstructed movement to do anything without worrying about where your engine and rear end are. There always out of the way behind you! If you take your time and pile your trees in neat piles of one tree cut into 2-4 pieces per pile and keep big ends of the logs together and always facing the same general direction that leads to the next and most important tool....
3: log skidder
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
The most important tool hands down no one can convince me otherwise. Biggest thing to keep in mind is be gentle and don’t over squeeze, if you lose a couple logs throughout the day big deal that’s normal, if you squeeze them like your making lemonade s**** gonna fly everywhere. First thing is you pull up use your blade to even the ends if they need it, then back up grapple gently and lift then drive like a normal human being to the landing (where you pile and load logs) start to dump the small groups off in line with each other until you have the area filled. Then use your blade to bunch the logs up into a pile and even them out. Continue this until you have enough that you can load trucks. I like to whip the skidder around and use it as a backstop then load the logs with a pay loader. The skidder helps keep the somewhat crazy physics in check.
You can also use one of the two excavators with processor heads, a chainsaw, the Massey Ferguson skidder, or the three point skidder to cheapen the process up
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I wish I had a screenshot of my logging. My logs are all over the place, leaning on all the equipment and hanging off the truck. I just cannot get the hang of those controls.
Hallers

Post by Hallers »

A tip for easy logging on console is to place the wood selling trigger from Topace888. This one you can place wherever you want and just drag the logs over and sell them. Cheating or not it`s a very fast way to do logging 😜
SimulatedFarmer

Hallers wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:29 am A tip for easy logging on console is to place the wood selling trigger from Topace888. This one you can place wherever you want and just drag the logs over and sell them. Cheating or not it`s a very fast way to do logging 😜
Thank you. I have tried and tried other ways. I really want to clear the land for things, but...
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:08 pm I wish I had a screenshot of my logging. My logs are all over the place, leaning on all the equipment and hanging off the truck. I just cannot get the hang of those controls.
oof sounds like mine did
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Hallers wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:29 am A tip for easy logging on console is to place the wood selling trigger from Topace888. This one you can place wherever you want and just drag the logs over and sell them. Cheating or not it`s a very fast way to do logging 😜
Oh, I am so trying this!
Old fat guy with a day job...
SimulatedFarmer

wheelmansteve wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:01 pm
Oh, I am so trying this!
I know I’m dumb, but what is the easiest way to drag them? :-|
road_clam

Post by road_clam »

I have a sweet PC based dual Thrustmaster pro joystick setup and a G27 wheel, and still even with these tools, i'm really struggling to grasp felling trees . I'm slowly getting more proficient with the Scorpion King. As for loading logs well let's just say I currently $uck. I have to spend SO much wastefull time panning the camera view multiple times to ensure I have the log(s) positioned correctly over the trailer. I have a LOT of respect for you expert loggers (especially console gamers !)
JamP

Post by JamP »

I have had some success in Holmakra playing on the Xbox. My only problem has been falling frames when I have a lot of logs on the ground or in the truck. So I have to keep going to sell every hour to avoid this problem.

I got a little bored with 5m logs (I still use them for woodships and carry with the Big Bag Handler .. easy!) And started playing with the 18m logs (using the Shovel Fork Logs with straps). After a period of learning and choosing the right (and practical) tools, everything is going reasonably fast and fun. Nothing like the PC professionals, but ok.

I would very much like to have a tool for telehandlers that looks just like the CSZ Dozer Blade (the one used in silos), that is, flat with vertical straps. This would make it easier to handle the wood on the ground 1 million times and to load the truck. Unrealistic? For sure! But it is what I found best to play on the console.

Sorry for my english, big texts scare me!

Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

JamP wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:38 am I have had some success in Holmakra playing on the Xbox. My only problem has been falling frames when I have a lot of logs on the ground or in the truck. So I have to keep going to sell every hour to avoid this problem.

I got a little bored with 5m logs (I still use them for woodships and carry with the Big Bag Handler .. easy!) And started playing with the 18m logs (using the Shovel Fork Logs with straps). After a period of learning and choosing the right (and practical) tools, everything is going reasonably fast and fun. Nothing like the PC professionals, but ok.

I would very much like to have a tool for telehandlers that looks just like the CSZ Dozer Blade (the one used in silos), that is, flat with vertical straps. This would make it easier to handle the wood on the ground 1 million times and to load the truck. Unrealistic? For sure! But it is what I found best to play on the console.

Sorry for my english, big texts scare me!
nice job!
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
SimulatedFarmer

I admire your speaking English.