Request: Different LAN Play in Future FS Games

eddieflyinv

Request: Different LAN Play in Future FS Games

Post by eddieflyinv »

Hey Guys,
I have searched far and wide, and while it has been mentioned off hand in various topics across various boards, there hasn't really been a proper request that I know about, for another option for LAN play. As a kid, I remember playing all sorts of games by simply hooking computers up with an ethernet cable, and playing with my siblings in our game room.
Well, now I'm older, and play PC games with my kids and Girlfriend. Our current favorite (and the reason I built 3 PCs, is FS19!
We live in a rural area, where we are serviced by a Wireless ISP, with their fastest available internet package, and I must say, the lag in our games at times is pretty severe at times for anything but the computer hosting the game.
What I am wondering, is if there is some way to implement the multiplayer gaming option in the future, in a way that doesn't require internet at all, aside from some kind of legitimacy check at the start of the game, that protects Giants from someone using the same copy of a singly purchased game, across multiple computers? I guess it is not a common situation that I have drummed up, but I imagine in this scenario, it would speed things up and allow a more pleasant experience for people playing with each other at home.
I have no idea what that would entail, so if it's a no go, I get it. Just wanted to see what everyone else thought about it.
Just to be clear, I don't mean to complain really, I love the FS series. I mean I bought a copy of FS17, and FS19 Platinum for every computer in my house so that myself, my 4 year old son (who loves the game more than anything ((except minecraft..)), and girlfriend could play together, and was happy to do it. I just wish in some ways things could go backwards, and be simpler, for those of us that are stuck with rural internet and try gaming with 3 people simultaneously. :lol:

Thanks for reading!

Edit Farmer1602 : moved from french forum to english forum
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Re: Request: Different LAN Play in Future FS Games

Post by Stegei »

The traffic for the game is only going through the LAN and is not using your internet connection. So the lags your experience have nothing to do with the slow internet connection. But if you're using some unreliable WiFi or so, it could still give these lags. or If you're host is not up to the task CPU wise etc. Also atm, there are "expected" lags for the clients when you are doing some tasks in the game as a host, such buying new vehicles.
What does the FPS say on your host? What's the ping times on the clients (shown in the bottom left minimpap) and is it stable or changing a lot?
dwightschrute

Re: Request: Different LAN Play in Future FS Games

Post by dwightschrute »

I think it would be nice to have LAN abilities to play the game. I feel it's stupid that my son and I are sitting five feet apart on our PCs and still have to log onto a server to play multiplayer with each other.