If you guys want the DB 60 & DB 90... Like this page!!

vondeylenfarms

Re: If you guys want the DB 60 & DB 90... Like this page!!

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Right! He's not asking for money or anything just a certain number of "likes" and yet I see people complaining. Can never make anyone happy that's for damn sure. If hitting a like button upsets you then you have pretty sad life lol
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Jonny3355

Post by Jonny3355 »

Hang on a second he says he will release them when he gets 20k like arnt mods that are released on Facebook not allowed on console. So how is he going to release them at the same time
Xbox one
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

No. Others have realised mods on Facebook then on modhub. Siid 9650 combines were released on Facebook a long time ago before trying to get them on the modhub. Custom modding releases pc versions then takes a console version on the modhub.

Edit: no one is making a big deal of oxy saying when we reach 25k followers he will reveal his new map. Also mappers paradise needed so many subscriptions to welkers farms before releasing the map.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

I dont have Facebook or Twitter so i guess i will have to wait a bit longer to see them.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

Well, I think console players who go big and always struggle with slots will be disappointed with the slot count of the "small" planter - it looks awesome and makes me want to jump on Millennial Farm map once it comes out, but it looks like another +40 slot JD mod that I will never be able to use, once I can afford it with in game money . The large planter was simply rejected on console by Giants due to an outrageous poly count. No disrespect to the modders out there, I am grateful for their efforts and creations and attention to graphical detail. I suppose they think that more poly is more beautiful and will get more people to use it - but for some to many console players, high slot counts are detractors, not attractors.

I guess there can be 2 types of console players, those that want the graphical detail and lease a lot of implements, and those that care more about functionality and owning the equipment (that's me for example). Neither group is in the wrong and both are fine, just different play styles (and a play style that you must choose due to the slot limit Giants has imposed - not bashing slot limit, its quite a necessary evil). Leasers can always "afford" the slots of the high slot count mods, Owners simply can't.

I wonder if it would be possible, for modders (at their choosing of course) to submit two versions...basically make two mods instead of one. One with a high poly count which PC players and console "leasers" would use, and another version with a much reduced poly count that could be used by console "owners"...heck, maybe some PC folks might even use them from time to time, because I'm sure there are PC players out there that struggle with older GPUs and have to make tough ownership decisions, even though not bound by a hardcoded slot limit. I'm by no means saying that every mod should have 2 versions, just ones with high poly counts. However I have zero experience with DDS files and graphical modding, so I have no idea if there are tools out there that can easily with little effort take a DDS file and convert it to another one with less polys and memory requirements - if not, then yeah, it would be double the work, and I certainly therefore understand why modders go big with polygons because console "owners" would can't afford them certainly represent a small fraction of the global FS community. And modders certainly want their hard work....to look GOOD! :)
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

There are several modders already who make console and pc versions they just don’t tend to submit both to the hub, for all I know they can’t. Also it doesn’t really matter for pc where you get the mod, if you use original links and trust the modder the only benefit to the hub that I see is never missing an update
cmjustice85

Post by cmjustice85 »

I take no issue with outside of what if it only 19,500 likes? Not going to release them? I think he stated he was working with Giants to get the db60 on console so I can't see him doing that. On a side note I hope it does come out because I'm tired of looking at the great plains.
cmjustice85

Post by cmjustice85 »

Any updates on this?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Not that I have seen yet.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
cmjustice85

Post by cmjustice85 »

Disappointing especially after the one Deere planter pack disappeared from the list to never be seen again
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Looks like he needs another 800ish likes.
You could risk pestering him on his facebook, but he might raise it to 30k likes.
cmjustice85

Post by cmjustice85 »

I'm not going to pester. Just *censored* because I'm tired of looking at the great plains planter lol
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

:)