What do you do while it's raining?

Phantoms

What do you do while it's raining?

Post by Phantoms »

As the title says, what do you do while it's raining?

I've had a streak of several days where it's rained for a good portion of them. I plowed one day which was fun, but some days after the animals are feed and watered, there's not much else to do.
Playing on PC
ThatCanadianGuy

Re: What do you do while it's raining?

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

If there is nothing to do I just set time at 480 speed and wait till the next day
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.
YWFMS2351

Post by YWFMS2351 »

If I have absolutely nothing to do (which is rare) I just fast forward. You could always pull your equipment out if the shed for a free wash lol
PC
FSarndrone

Post by FSarndrone »

I have heard that in the winter or when it’s raining people work in their pellet halls
I love multiplayer :mrgreen: and John Deere :coolnew:
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Move stuff around and hook stuff up for the next thing I need to do, fill up tmr, bust bales so I can make tmr faster, haul seed fert and lime, do hauling contracts, and put equipment away I’m done with for the awhile.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Well, as long as I have animals, I tend to them twice a day, morning and evening. Cleaning, feed, weather and a walk around to check on them.

When weather prevents field work, servicing equipment is a good way to pass time. ( cleaning it, even if I did that before parking it, fold/unfold, turn it on, check all functions, walk around and inspect it etc. before storing it again)
Cleaning up the yard, getting the equipment to the right places, sweeping etc.
I don't do fast forward except for sleeping during night
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
spincast1123

Post by spincast1123 »

I do know in reality Haying isn't done while it is raining but in the game I have found that planting, haying, and taking care of the animals is OK.... I have cut a 10 HA field of grass, raked it and baled it while it was raining. I also have planted crops during a rain event.... I also take out the Lizard car and spin donuts in the other farmers field for fun... Potatoes, Oats, and Grass are quite slick and if you do it right you can get 3 or 4 real nice circles in quick succession... Just saying.... really I don't but is sounds like it would be fun
When it is all going sideways... Sidestep it, or go fishing!
playing on PS4
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

You must not be playing with seasons. You won't be able to make hay while it is raining.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Wash/fuel my vehicles, get a head start on repairs. Contract work, maybe haul a couple loads to sell. Organize storage sheds, move egg pallets, feed and play with the dog, experiment with different crop rotations in the planner, check the economic tab and see if anything's going to be spiking soon.

Just the mundane that gets put off when I'm full on harvesting.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

I always try to do some logging, depending on the map. I'm currently on Osina building up my root crop Empire, but the rain thinks not. So Ive started to transport lime and repair equipment. Ive also put potato's into boxes so I can plant them next season and I've got plenty of beet seeds in the shed if the weather shows some signs of change.

I'm also trying my hand at log cabin building. I'll post how that went later. 😯
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Don't get many rainy days on base game but often if there isn't anything else to do I often speed up time a bit and run around the map checking out details and stuff.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
El_Nino_NL

Post by El_Nino_NL »

Mostly I skip the day or trying to do a contract and after I'm done with the contract(s) I skip the rest of the day.
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

I like to walk around some maps just taking in the sights and sounds...
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

If my animals are taken care of and don't have any field work to do I'll do transport contracts just for something to do. I might also do a bit of logging if I'm on a map that has a good enough area for it.

If prices are good, I'll do some selling. If I have some silage I'll keep the BGA fed.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I'm trying to play as realistic as possible, so when there's rain, nothing is really done in the field.

I'm repairing my equipment, feeding my animals. Sometimes I "play with manure"...

I usually speed up time to 30x on rainy day.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)