Xbox Multiplayer Question

creativeslime

Xbox Multiplayer Question

Post by creativeslime »

Hi everyone, I am new to the whole genre and downloaded and have been playing FS17 on Xbox 1 X. Question I have is it that the multiplayer does not seem very robust in so far as having built in voice chat or other means of communication. Before I go and buy the latest FS I wanted to know if the Xbox multiplayer is any better or is it simply joining in randomly with little to no built in communications?

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
Jonny3355

Re: Xbox Multiplayer Question

Post by Jonny3355 »

creativeslime wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:21 pm Hi everyone, I am new to the whole genre and downloaded and have been playing FS17 on Xbox 1 X. Question I have is it that the multiplayer does not seem very robust in so far as having built in voice chat or other means of communication. Before I go and buy the latest FS I wanted to know if the Xbox multiplayer is any better or is it simply joining in randomly with little to no built in communications?

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
Same as 17
Xbox one
creativeslime

Post by creativeslime »

Thanks Jonny, it feels like this is a big weakness in terms of Xbox would you agree?
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Guess they relied on Xbox parties and Playstation's equivalent to suffice communication. I don't know about communication much, but the gameplay aspect of 19 blows 17 out of the water in my opinion.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
cmusic52

Post by cmusic52 »

I'm also Wondering how well FS19 work with the Console Multiplayer, is it like the PC n Mac version where they can play together soo as long as your on an Xbone or a PS4 you'll be able to play together? or is everything separate on console, only Xbox players can play together, only PS4 players can play together?
REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 »

cmusic52 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:23 am I'm also Wondering how well FS19 work with the Console Multiplayer, is it like the PC n Mac version where they can play together soo as long as your on an Xbone or a PS4 you'll be able to play together? or is everything separate on console, only Xbox players can play together, only PS4 players can play together?
FS doesn't have cross platform MP, Xbox can't play with PlayStation. Both 17 and 19 it can be a joke anyway. It works great when you are dedicated to playing with the same ppl. But trying to join a random lobby and you are missing 20+ mods that host has and you have no space for any. To add pc/Mac to that mix, I don't know, they would have to be really close best friends probably. 15 is only 1 i would consider random lobbies. Only dlc is an issue. When I host 15, I only have free dlc active.
Playing games because they are fun. Watching movies because they are entertaining.
Long live plug n play.
REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:02 pm Guess they relied on Xbox parties and Playstation's equivalent to suffice communication. I don't know about communication much, but the gameplay aspect of 19 blows 17 out of the water in my opinion.
More then likely, and farm sim isn't the only 1. When I'm playing with friends we are generally in a party regardless of the game. To a degree i don't see point in co-op games, but at the same time if you get a random that's willing to actually help but unable to message them. And I come across a lot of ppl that have there settings set to where randoms can't message them.
Playing games because they are fun. Watching movies because they are entertaining.
Long live plug n play.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

REDSTER-85 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:07 am
FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:02 pm Guess they relied on Xbox parties and Playstation's equivalent to suffice communication. I don't know about communication much, but the gameplay aspect of 19 blows 17 out of the water in my opinion.
More then likely, and farm sim isn't the only 1. When I'm playing with friends we are generally in a party regardless of the game. To a degree i don't see point in co-op games, but at the same time if you get a random that's willing to actually help but unable to message them. And I come across a lot of ppl that have there settings set to where randoms can't message them.
I won't ever understand why they have that option for messages. I miss a lot of them because of that
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

REDSTER-85 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:52 am
cmusic52 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:23 am
FS doesn't have cross platform MP, Xbox can't play with PlayStation.
xbox has seemly added cross play with PlayStation just think a game has to support it of course but i have 1 game that does.
REDSTER-85

Post by REDSTER-85 »

ace54858 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:12 pm
cmusic52 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:23 am
xbox has seemly added cross play with PlayStation just think a game has to support it of course but i have 1 game that does.
Yea, COD has it, I think fortnite. But I would expect competitive games and mmos to get cross platform long before a co-op game with only a handful of players.
Long live plug n play.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

REDSTER-85 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:36 am
ace54858 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:12 pm

Yea, COD has it, I think fortnite. But I would expect competitive games and mmos to get cross platform long before a co-op game with only a handful of players.
world of tanks has it and i so don't care fore it there are only a very few options in being able to report someone if needed and can't even block them.
Olekentucky

Post by Olekentucky »

I want ps4 xbox cross play it's already on both platforms so why can't we play together pc has a bigger map so I'm not expecting them to be apart of the cross play unless it's on dedicated servers etc?
SolidRizzo420

Post by SolidRizzo420 »

Giant need to sort multiplayer out as I feel it kinda lets the game down a bit so along with the mod problem it takes ages and I have this problem every time the game saves it kicks me saying lost connection but I’m still connected to the Internet so I emailed giant they said it’s my internet and not them so I upgraded to fibre-optic’s And still have this problem dose anyone else? There is so much potential giant could do on multiplayer for sure