Console maps with a lot of trash and junk strewn about...

CaptGoodvibes

Console maps with a lot of trash and junk strewn about...

Post by CaptGoodvibes » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:54 pm

It sure would be great if there was some way to keep busy during the long boring hours waiting for grass to grow. :smileynew:

If I could lift and haul away trash and junk left by the map maker and perform some beautification afterwords in the way of planting pleasing greenery or wildflowers, I wouldn’t have to keep rage-deleting maps :lol:

/rant
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end

Crosscheck

Re: Console maps with a lot of trash and junk strewn about...

Post by Crosscheck » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:10 am

I’m with you on that. Maps with trash and junk everywhere don’t look “interesting”, they just look like junkyards. It wouldn’t be so bad if we could delete the stuff without having to go through the BS of the Giants Editor, but since we DO have to use GE to clean up their mess, I just delete maps that look like a 13 year old’s bedroom.

Missyb

Post by Missyb » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:27 am

Crosscheck wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:10 am
I’m with you on that. Maps with trash and junk everywhere don’t look “interesting”, they just look like junkyards. It wouldn’t be so bad if we could delete the stuff without having to go through the BS of the Giants Editor, but since we DO have to use GE to clean up their mess, I just delete maps that look like a 13 year old’s bedroom.
for that i will double the affect to make even mess on Wyther Farms :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: or better still i'll make you clean out the bunker silo's before use. hmmm there's an idea! :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
Last edited by Missyb on Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS19
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding

Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:28 am

Hahaha do other people enjoy it. A lot of farm yards are not clean. There is always a junk pile somewhere.
1280 acre farm, 3300 hogs, 200 cattle, and xbox one user and pc user.

Missyb

Post by Missyb » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:34 am

Illinois Farmer wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:28 am
Hahaha do other people enjoy it. A lot of farm yards are not clean. There is always a junk pile somewhere.
*thumbsup*
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS19
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding

CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:01 am

Crosscheck wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:10 am
I wouldn’t mind removing trash and junk with a big bucket and roll off container. Farm projects...
PS4

CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:10 am

Illinois Farmer wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:28 am
That’s like saying, if some people don’t like transportation contracts so they should exist :lol: *thumbsup*

I’m asking for the contracts in the way of farm projects I suppose...
PS4

Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:19 am

Well, it can't be an operating farm without a scrapheap, where new things arise in a work shop.
I'll just say I'm from Australia :hi:
Let's say thanks to all modders for the mods that they create. *thumbsup*
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion
If it ain't blue and white, it just ain't right

FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:07 am

Being able to delete things in general would be a nice feature.
Like posts that are an inch from the side of the road.

Norwegian81

Post by Norwegian81 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:58 pm

Lol 😂 We’ll we need a scrapyard then for selling junkies. Just a few bucks here and just a few bucks there. I guess I’m already too much into selling and buying in the game but probably some mod creator could figure out something :)
drinking beer when I'm scripting...sure it helps :lol:

CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:24 pm

Yeahrightio wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:19 am
Well, it can't be an operating farm without a scrapheap, where new things arise in a work shop.
Sure but as the farmer, why can’t I haul it away when I have time? 🙂
PS4

Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:57 pm

Yeah, it does get in the way. I'd love it if you could sell scrap metal like in real life.
I'll just say I'm from Australia :hi:
Let's say thanks to all modders for the mods that they create. *thumbsup*
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion
If it ain't blue and white, it just ain't right

Pict

Post by Pict » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:45 pm

CaptGoodvibes wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:54 pm
It sure would be great if there was some way to keep busy during the long boring hours waiting for grass to grow. :smileynew:

If I could lift and haul away trash and junk left by the map maker and perform some beautification afterwords in the way of planting pleasing greenery or wildflowers, I wouldn’t have to keep rage-deleting maps :lol:

/rant
I'm with you 100% on this. I've spent countless hours in the Giants Editor deleting junk and often thought that it would be so much better if I could haul it away in game during down time from farming. Getting paid would be a bonus.
Yeahrightio wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:57 pm
Yeah, it does get in the way. I'd love it if you could sell scrap metal like in real life.
The "old silo parts" are that are so popular with many mappers that you would make a fortune from them alone on most maps if you could sell scrap steel :lol:

I've said this before here someplace, just how many piles of "old silo parts" can we expect to find in any given 2 square kilometers? Some otherwise decent mappers put them everywhere and manage to severely devalue what they have spent lots of time to make.

Yes they do get in the way and they most certainly are not realistic in the way that you can't move them or sell them and there are just way too many of them.

Stuff that's just put there for decoration really kills immersion for me more than it adds to it. Bales for example, sitting outside without ever rotting like the ones you make in seasons mod, getting in the way and taking up expensive space. Inanimate animals and people are immersion killers too and often have wildly resource heavy modelling and optimization.

Endless piles of fire wood & lumber, older low detail models of tractors, harvesters and what have you, the twee and utterly useless space eating "log fountains" everywhere that I've never encountered in real life all using valuable ram, while getting in the way and making an otherwise easy on the eye map look plain ugly.

Trees planted underground and scaled down to look like bushes, against Giants modding recommendations and for may good reasons is up among the worst offenders in my book.

Lately I just delete the map and avoid the author thereafter, rather than waste time trying to make it playable to my standard.

Less in this case is defiantly more.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:hi:

CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:43 am

Pict wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:45 pm
CaptGoodvibes wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:54 pm

/rant
I'm with you 100% on this. I've spent countless hours in the Giants Editor deleting junk and often thought that it would be so much better if I could haul it away in game during down time from farming. Getting paid would be a bonus.
Yeahrightio wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:57 pm
The "old silo parts" are that are so popular with many mappers that you would make a fortune from them alone on most maps if you could sell scrap steel :lol:

I've said this before here someplace, just how many piles of "old silo parts" can we expect to find in any given 2 square kilometers? Some otherwise decent mappers put them everywhere and manage to severely devalue what they have spent lots of time to make.

Yes they do get in the way and they most certainly are not realistic in the way that you can't move them or sell them and there are just way too many of them.

Stuff that's just put there for decoration really kills immersion for me more than it adds to it. Bales for example, sitting outside without ever rotting like the ones you make in seasons mod, getting in the way and taking up expensive space. Inanimate animals and people are immersion killers too and often have wildly resource heavy modelling and optimization.

Endless piles of fire wood & lumber, older low detail models of tractors, harvesters and what have you, the twee and utterly useless space eating "log fountains" everywhere that I've never encountered in real life all using valuable ram, while getting in the way and making an otherwise easy on the eye map look plain ugly.

Trees planted underground and scaled down to look like bushes, against Giants modding recommendations and for may good reasons is up among the worst offenders in my book.

Lately I just delete the map and avoid the author thereafter, rather than waste time trying to make it playable to my standard.

Less in this case is defiantly more.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:hi:
At first I was just nodding and agreeing but by the end of this masterpiece, I was toasting you with the good stuff! Cheers!!!
PS4

Pict

Post by Pict » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:08 am

:lol:

No worries, I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone on this by a country mile *thumbsup*

Sure some people seem to like to spam a map with non-movable, unusable objects, or better say obstacles & trees that you just cannot harvest and it seems that many of them happen to make maps or feel pressured into decorating their maps to cater for this inane group think idea.

There a plenty of us on the other hand who are here just for the farming. When I get going on a farm it doesn't take long to accumulate equipment, bales, pallets, fuel cans and other useful, functional and movable stuff that fills the empty spaces these mappers seem so frightened of leaving.

Towns, castles, circuses, cemeteries, aircraft, boats, large highways, trains, decorative fountains, whale bones, weird statues :hmm: (whats that all about?) and the aforementioned endless permanent junk, are all just simply not a requirement for the farming, particularly when it's all happening within a 2 sq km area, make it a massive waste of potential farmland and graphics resources.