Installing map with additional crop types breaks map menus on Xbox

Blayden1978

Installing map with additional crop types breaks map menus on Xbox

Post by Blayden1978 »

Just installed Stone Valley x2 on Xbox yesterday and now today all the menus on the map page are broken on all my saved games. Had this happen once before with another map which I think had additional crop types and I uninstalled that map and it fixed it for other saves.

Stone valley x2 has rye and alfalfa so adds a second page to the menu on the map page for crop types. But when you then cycle through the other filter pages growth and soil composition nothing displays properly. The growth page has no key displayed and nothing shows up on the map itself and the soil composition page has no key either although does show status on the map itself. With no filters though you can’t change what is displayed on the map.

It messes up all my other saved games as well. Any other save game I go into the map filters are all broken there as well. Am sure if I uninstall stone valley all the other saves be fine again.

Was working fine when I played the map for the first time but after saving yesterday and coming back to it today I‘ve found this problem.

Anyone else found this and know if there is a way to fix it?
Tylercheesey1986

Re: Installing map with additional crop types breaks map menus on Xbox

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Yeah I had this and it is an easy fix.
If you play any map that adds an extra page for crop types it messes up the map legend after saving and choosing a different save.
Solution is as easy as quitting the game fully from the Xbox menu after you play the map that adds extra page to crop types.
Uninstalling the map does nothing, you must quit game and all will be good
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
Blayden1978

Post by Blayden1978 »

Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:21 am Yeah I had this and it is an easy fix.
If you play any map that adds an extra page for crop types it messes up the map legend after saving and choosing a different save.
Solution is as easy as quitting the game fully from the Xbox menu after you play the map that adds extra page to crop types.
Ah brilliant I will try that thank you so much for that reply :)
Tylercheesey1986

Post by Tylercheesey1986 »

Blayden1978 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:51 am
Tylercheesey1986 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:21 am Yeah I had this and it is an easy fix.
Ah brilliant I will try that thank you so much for that reply :)
Glad I could help.
Although i cannot take credit for this solution, many posts back, a fellow forum member let me know this fix ( cannot remember who). Before that I did same as you, deleting maps unnecessarily
Aussie who loves himself a 7790 JD cotton picker, 100ac was most i got off in one day. (22.5hrs)
Currently a 300 ac irrigated beef farmer with Hereford Angus x.
50-120 head.
Gear-MF i148, 7 disc offset plow, fert/seed broadcaster, harrow bars.
Only crop for improving grazing capacity so don't need much.
Aussie farmer who thinks FS 19 rulz :gamer:
Xbox gamer tag- TopCheesey420
SkyBurner JB

Post by SkyBurner JB »

It does the same thing on PS4, well any map that adds a second page of crop type messes up the menu system. So that's why I've already uninstalled the map! I Just don't feel Its worth it to shut down everything and restart just to fix the menu system to play on a map no matter how nice the map seems!
CaptGoodvibes

Post by CaptGoodvibes »

Quit and reboot the console. It takes less time than a trip to pee.
PS4
-----------------------------
I like jumping off the deep end