Frustration with Potatoes...

Earnest Pea

Re: Frustration with Potatoes...

Post by Earnest Pea »

Did a little more looking into it. Can't find any 12 row harvesters. The best seems to be 6 row, but it would still be an improvement on what we have.

The best Grimme has is 4 row.
Spudnik has a towed 6 row direct load unit (no hopper).
Lenco has a self propelled harvester available in 3, 4, and 6 row configurations.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

One Italian team that won the Mod contest competition in FS 17 would do Grimme DLC for FS 19. I remembered. Team name: Team FSI Modding. I hope it comes out.
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
Idahofarmkid

Post by Idahofarmkid »

Being from Idaho and spending the better part of my life on potato farms has made me wish that I could have a system like we use around here in game but I know that it would be nearly impossible to do in game unless it was for multiplayer only. Reason being is we don't use the self propelled harvester. We use windrowers or better know around here as crossovers that span anywhere from 2 to now 8, Spudnik, who were an Idaho based company and were bought by Grimme to become more like the U.S. subcompany, have become the innovation leaders and were the first to develop the 6 row windrower and now a folding 8 row. I know for sure of only 1 competitor that made another 6 row which is a company called Double L Worldwide. So when you hear of a 12 row potato harvest usually it refers to the use of 2, 4 row windrowers, one to the left of the harvester and one to the right with a 4 row harvester that also picks up 4 rows and then transloads directly into trucks, making for 12 rows total. Which in that setting I have never personally seen or heard of a harvester that is bigger then 4 row. Smaller farms usually use a 2 row harvester with either 1, 4 row windrower on the right or possibly a 6 row but not much more then that due to overloading the harvester system. But with the new, wider, windrowers and heavier built harvesters we can get up to 16 or 20 rows total now.