Command wheel

iwan073

Command wheel

Post by iwan073 »

I was wondering why GIANTS doesn’t add a command wheel to the game for console players.

With a command wheel you’re not restricted to the fixed amount of buttons a controller has.
This way you could add more options to a machine. Like hazard lights, or independent on/off switches for all the lights on a tractor. Instead of cycling through a few fixed settings.

Maybe an idea for the next game?
What do you guys think?

Command wheel World of Warships Legends:
Ignorance is bliss
Norwegian81

Re: Command wheel

Post by Norwegian81 »

Something for the next console version of FS I hope *thumbsup*
drinking beer when I'm scripting...sure it helps :lol:
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Wait this is actually big brain idea. I think they should allow us to customize the controls. Still have the current system for “quick access controls” and then have a command wheel for everything else. Of course the player should be able to decide what controls go where.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

redglasses wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:08 pm Wait this is actually big brain idea. I think they should allow us to customize the controls. Still have the current system for “quick access controls” and then have a command wheel for everything else. Of course the player should be able to decide what controls go where.
I always assumed that console players had the opportunity to select their own buttons and have multi button sequencing as well. Do they not have this?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

No they don't. That's why subbie ran into a problem with the grain leg on millennial farmers map because he thought they could map their own buttons too.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya sometimes giants decision making makes no sense. They don’t even have different preset control schemes like most games. It honestly seems like a no brainer for a game like this but apparently it’s not important enough for giants to implement, just like place anywhere...
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I've suggested this several times as it would solve a lot of input issues. It might be too much for them.